Ruling Misunderstandings and Mistakes.

RE:   Misunderstandings and Mistakes.

wynaut master said:
armaldoEX said:
It does cut through Agility like Attack because Agility is an effect on a certain Pokemon, meaning it cuts through.
But Agility stops ALL EFFECTS of an opponent's attack untill the end of your opponent's next turn so it would cancel out a swift before the swift is even applied.

This misunderstanding comes up so often when I play with my friend. We argue every single time. Does anyone know the official ruling for this? Because each attack seems to cancel the other out!

*head explodes*

ok news everyone! when i typed that first poast the official ruling was that swift would not cut through agility but the new official ruling is:

"Official Answer:
Swift basically says "Nothing on the Defending Pokémon alters my damage. Agility says "Prevent all effects, including damage... "
In this case, Swift wins out. Agility is an effect on the Defending Pokémon. Swift ignores effects on the Defending Pokémon when Swift is used."

I think this is probably beacause of the (in dragonite ?'s case) it says "...done to dragonite". The way it is worded, swift would cut through since technically we would have an unending chain but apparantly the last move in the unending chain would be swift. I know this is pretty confusing, but please bare with us!

Diffrent types, as in Pyschic, Colorless, Fire, Fighting, Grass, Water, Dark, Metal and Lightning.
You can search for Zigzagoon (Coloress), Poocheyna (Dark), Groudon (Fighting)
But you cannot search for Wrumple (Grass), Pinsir (Grass), Chikorita (Grass)
Hope that helped.

Also, if you search for a dual-typed Basic Pokémon (the Compendium uses Team Magma's Groudon (Darkness/Fighting) as an example, you can only choose 1 more Pokémon, and it can't be either of those types, and it can't be dual-type because that's 4 types, not 3. So you could do this:

Shroomish (Grass), Groudon (Fighting), Absol (Darkness)

Grass, Fighting, Darkness: 3 types.

or this:

Shroomish (Grass), Team Magma's Groudon (Darkness/Fighting)

Grass, Darkness/Fighting: also 3 types.

You would not be able to do this:

Meditite (Fighting), Team Magma's Groudon (Darkness/Fighting)

or this:

Meditite (Fighting), Groudon (Fighting), Absol (Darkness)

(Meditite fills 1 Energy requirement, so you cannot take ANY Pokémon that is even partially Fighting, like Team Magma's Groudon)

or this:

Team Magma's Groudon (Darkness/Fighting), Mewtwo d (Fire/Metal)

four types, not three

And since there's still some apparent confusion on Swift vs. Agility:

Agility states that all effects of attacks, including damage, are prevented until the end of the opponent's next turn.

Swift states that its effect is not affected by "any other effects on the Defending Pokémon."

Agility's effect (you can't hurt me at all effect) is an "effect on the Defending Pokémon." Swift ignores effects on the Defending Pokémon, so the damage cuts through the Agility effect.

Swift also cuts through Buffer Piece, Metal Energy, and anything else that would reduce Swift's damage, since all that counts as an effect on the Defending Pokémon.

You can, however, increase Swift's damage by use of Strength Charm, Feraligatr d (where applicable), etc., since none of those are an "effect on the Defending Pokémon" - it's an effect on the Attacking Pokémon, and Swift doesn't say anything about the attacker in its effect.

I hope this clears things up some.

Bay Dance's effect is an effect on the Attacking Pokémon, so Swift's damage would be increased by that.

Can I use a holon's castform, magneton or electrode as a react energy? For example, on Gorebyss's (legend maker) poke-body (Reactive booster) says that each react energy on Gorebyss and Huntail provides 2 energy of every type but has no other efect than providing energy or in the case of flygon ex (legend maker) first atack. My question is that if a holon's castform, magneton or electrode can count as two react energy?

React provides [C], and the name is what is required. A Holon something can't turn into another special energy. Apart from darks and Metals, who have their own types.

Holon's pokemon (energy) doubt

Can I use a holon`s castform, magneton and electrode as react energy? For example, on Gorebyss's (legend maker) poke-body says that each react energy on all of your Huntail and Gorebyss provides 2 energy of every type but has no other effect than provididng energy and in the case of Flygon's ex (legend maker) first atack. My question is if a holon`s castform, magneton and electrode can count as 2 react energy?

The new Draginite ex's (Dragon Frontiers) last attack "Dragon Roar" says: Put 8 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon. If that Pokémon would be Knocked Out by this attack, you may put any damage counters not necessary to Knocked Out the Defending Pokémon on your opponent's Benched Pokémon in any way you like.

What i want to know is that if this attack is afected by Raichu ex's (Emerald) poke-body "Rai-shield" :
Damage done to any of your Raichu ex in play by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon-ex is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). You can't use more than 1 Rai-shield Poké-Body each turn.
Or by Buffer piece: Damage done to the Pokémon Buffer Piece is attached to by an opponent's attack is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). At the end of your opponent's turn after you played Buffer Piece, discard Buffer Piece.

Dragon Roar is unaffected, since it technically doesn't do damage. It only places counters. No actual damage involved.

What about Dragon Roar from Dragonite ex d (DF) and Feraligatr d (DF)???

Does Dragon Roar do 10 damage and then do the 8 counter damage?

Dragon's Roar isn't affected by Gatr for the same reason. Gatr adds to pre-existing damage. And if there's technically no damage, there's nothing to add to.

The pokebodies for the first 2 cards are for energy so they can support there attacks and they DO NOT add or decrease damage they are there in case tou do not have enough energy to support their attacks.:)

Back