Ruling Misunderstandings and Mistakes.

I have two doubt:
I heard that tv reporters from ex dragon in foil version cost $100 dollars, this cost applies for any tv reporter foil or just the ex dragon's.

The attack of Cradily 'Delta' says:
Harsh Fluid 20
Put 5 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon at the end of your opponent's next turn.
Or other attacks that includes the defending pokemon, my question is if i switch my pokemon these kinds of effects ends for the new defending pokemon.

Q1. Go ask Abhorsen, IIRC, he's the one who has it. Or one of the other mods.

Q2. It's an effect on the DEFENDING Pokémon. It doesn't traget the Defending spot, which means, like everything else, it disappears when they retreat. Only exceptions are Shockwave and Imprision markers. You'll find out about them later.

the flygon 'delta' (holon phantoms) attack says:
Swift 60
This attack damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon .
Is this attack is affected by metal energy cards attached on the defending pokemon?

Nope. It's an effect, so no.

But on the other hand... Looking at DX δ Normal, you could use Crystal Laser and then use Swift via Form Change, and it'll do 70 beacuse it's an effect on Deoxys. Same goes for Dark types.

Attacks like smokescreen that says: if the defending pokemon tries to attack .... stil works if i evolved my active pokemon?

The new flygon ex poke-body (pyschic proterctor) says: if flygon ex is damaged by an opponent`s attack, you may discard up to 4 cards from your hand. If you do, any damage done to flygo ex is reduced by 10 for each card you discarded. This applies before or after weakness and resistance?

In official tournaments,
can i use the old cards like (Ex ruby & sapphire)gardevoir, delcatty, blaziken, magneton, etc insted of the repreinted versions?

After WK/RS.

Yes you can.

As for the TV Reporter Question, only the EX: Dragon ones are worth something. Other versions of TV Reporters are worth their original price. And, you've already E-mailed me the questions. Why post here AND E-Mail me? Stick to posting here instead.

ig my oponent has Gorebyss (ex legend maker) equiped with 2 react energy. attack damage is 70? or just 30?

when playing the newest format. can i use and old reprinted trainer card like switch or potion???
are there any other cards that i can use (old ones)???

what is a level x? its not an evolution but it is a pokemon? right? i cant petm for it, but celios works? weird...

They're in their own catagory. Now, you can probably Ven them, but I can't be bothered to.
Basic Pokémon-->Evolution Pokémon-->Pokémon Lv. X
| |
\ /
\ /
\ /
Pokémon EX (both)

My Typhlosionex (UF) says that it's poke-body: Bursting up:
if you evolve typhlosion ex to one of your pokemon count the number of benched pokemon your opponent has and attach that number of fire energy card to one of your fire pokemon.
can i use this again because it's a pokepower

Blackbelt said:
Dragon Roar is unaffected, since it technically doesn't do damage. It only places counters. No actual damage involved.

This is old but... if someone used an attack that says, for example; "Place 4 damage counters on the defending Pokémon", does that mean that damage is unaffected by things like Metal Energy/Agility and any other effects? In other words does this mean these attacks work like Swift and damage can't be avoided/reduced?

well i don´t know if anyone has posted this huge mistake...(i´m sure someone has already..but i haven´t into the TCG for a while)...but why drapion´s card was printed as poison?

Special Energy

As we all know, we can't put more than 4 special energy cards in your deck. But, I've seen many people with this same mistake. Please read the rulebook.

Special energy like Rainbow, Multi and DRE( Double Rainbow Energy) that provides EVERY type of energy, are still counted as special energy.
Would the Darkness Energy that adds +10 to a Darkness Pokemon's attack be included as a special energy, too? If so...I need to seriously adjust my deck.

astral_boy said:
If someone used an attack that says, for example; "Place 4 damage counters on the defending Pokémon", does that mean that damage is unaffected by things like Metal Energy/Agility and any other effects? In other words does this mean these attacks work like Swift and damage can't be avoided/reduced?
Placing damage counters is an effect of an attack.
Metal energy reduces 10 damage from the attack damage, not the effects.
Agility would stop you from placing damage counters because Agility says: "Prevent all effects of an attack."

Lucario Lv.X said:
does anybody know if you can put a lucario lv.X on a lucario EX
No, you must "level up" an active Lucario into Lucario Lv.X.

AntiKorzz said:
well i don´t know if anyone has posted this huge mistake...(i´m sure someone has already..but i haven´t into the TCG for a while)...but why drapion´s card was printed as poison?
This is not a mistake, future Poison type Pokémon will continue to be printed as the Psychic type.

ElectricEnigma said:
Would the Darkness Energy that adds +10 to a Darkness Pokemon's attack be included as a special energy, too? If so...I need to seriously adjust my deck.
Any Darkness energy that isn't from the Diamond and Pearl set is a special energy card and therefore you can only include 4 of them in your deck.
You can however include as many of the Darkness energy from the Diamond and Pearl set as you like because they are Basic energy.

is it legal to split holons electrode? my freind attached it to his infernape then evolved his electabuzz into electivire and then he used its pokepower and split the holons electrode saying that he could take one energy since it provided 2.

Back