Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

The Equestria Girls trailer was released yesterday. you can watch it here.

it looks alright, although of course the pony community is mostly whining.

I would like to remind everyone that MLP (and Equestria Girls) was never aimed at the brony demographic. They may give us a few nods here or there, but it's still all for the little girls.

I'm okay with it; will be sure to head over to a bay of pirates once it's released on video

Rusticks said:
I would like to remind everyone that MLP (and Equestria Girls) was never aimed at the brony demographic. They may give us a few nods here or there, but it's still all for the little girls.
pssh, the bronies don't care about the target demographic!!! that's just silly

I watched Equestria Girls and I liked it. It makes for good card fodder too, which is nice. References everywhere.

The only thing I didn't quite get is how the girls were still named the same. Like, I was expecting them to be nicknames or something but no.

I doubt we'll see Sunset Shimmer again, but given that it will be many many more than thirty moons before the start of season four, there's no reason why we can't, although I don't believe she'll actually show up.

I liked the twilight crown song. The movie as a whole wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I was actually a little sad to see it end; I wouldn't mind seeing more stories from that universe.

It was kind of cute to watch Twilight struggle to life as a human, though for someone as smart as her I'm a little surprised she didn't figure things out a little more quickly.

I found a cool easter egg in the first episode, but don't have any brony friends to share it with :l
(Big Image)
2rxxova.jpg

I really like the pinkie pie sleeves, I sent an email to the company when they were coming out and the reply said to keep watch on facebook and the website..

I see that it's on youtube.... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u29X9HtrWkM)

EDIT: It was %20 cooler than expected. Very good references and little "bones" tossed at bronies. Make sure to watch to the end of credits.

SPOILER
2hgu1xk.jpg

I didn't see the movie yet, but although I ain't a brony anymore, I gotta admit. I hate the idea of the humans 'being like Twilights pony friend's'. I would've liked them all going into the school, at different spots, and meeting each other up.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I didn't see the movie yet, but although I ain't a brony anymore, I gotta admit. I hate the idea of the humans 'being like Twilights pony friend's'. I would've liked them all going into the school, at different spots, and meeting each other up.
If you're "not a brony" of course you'd hate the idea about twilight.
I felt the same way, but the movie is actually really good. It's an alternate universe so it makes more sense.

I don't think my body is ready for season 4.

oh also celestia's and luna's human designs were terrible. jesus christ.

still a solid movie though. glad they went with the multicolored, pastel skin so we didn't get a million shitheads complaining about how in their headcanon twilight is white or some shit like that. this has the side effect of meaning zecora couldn't be in it but oh well

Zenith said:

still a solid movie though.

I agree.
It was interesting to find out that the Mane 6 are seniors in highschool (4th annual dance) and since the CMC were in highschool they're probably freshmen.

People are posting in this thread??? Since when??

Zenith said:

still a solid movie though. glad they went with the multicolored, pastel skin so we didn't get a million shitheads complaining about how in their headcanon twilight is white or some shit like that. this has the side effect of meaning zecora couldn't be in it but oh well

THISSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh my god as soon as I saw Princess PRINCIPAL Celestia I about died, and not in the good way. Also I don't like that Luna was "vice principal" (although her entire room being dark did make me chuckle). They would never logically be allowed to run the same school.

Rainbow Dash is cuter as a human. There, I said it.

No one brought it up yet? ...okay then.

Season 4 spoilerz:
  • Acknowledgement from her peers that Scootaloo can't fly.
  • A flashback episode where Twilight sees the events of Luna's banishment from Celestia's POV. This will be the season opener.
  • An Applejack song with the whole [main] Apple family (yay).

Season 4, yay!

I'm hoping to see Equestria Girls this weekend. I was hesitant about it when I first heard about it, but I've heard such good things since its release that I figure I really ought to give it a watch.

Good news everybody. Sherclop Pones has released Episode 9 of Friendship is Witchcraft earlier today! In the spoiler is said episode. Enjoy.
[video=youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=n442GmB_G0[/video]
Hope this works... I hate typing on a 3DS. :mad:

Back