Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Got a confession.

I'm still a brony >.< I just didn't like saying it after seeing the creepy part of fandom. Don't ask me to see new movie.

Can't wait for S4!

Cobalt said:
Good news everybody. Sherclop Pones has released Episode 9 of Friendship is Witchcraft earlier today! In the spoiler is said episode. Enjoy.
[video=youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=n442GmB_G0[/video]
Hope this works... I hate typing on a 3DS. :mad:

Link doesn't work, but here you go:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n442GmB_G0[/video]

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Got a confession.
I'm still a brony >.< I just didn't like saying it after seeing the creepy part of fandom. Don't ask me to see new movie.

Yep, just one of the rules of the internet.

I thought seed no evil was just as funny as past FiW

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Got a confession.

Can't wait for S4!

Salamence, There are "dark sides" of EVERY fandom, be it Star Trek/Wars, Harry Potter, Digimon, MLP, or even Pokemon. Nice thing is, unless you actually go searching for it, you'll probably not even notice it. Like Ryter said, it's just a certain rule of the internet, just like "If it exists, there also exists a pony of it."

ryter78 said:
I thought seed no evil was just as funny as past FiW

In other words, only mildly funny. It had a few good moments, especially towards the end, but it wasn't that great.

Finally saw Equestria Girls this weekend and I was definitely pleased with it. A fun, lighthearted story with the same kinds of humour and characterization that makes the show so lovable. I really thought the odd skin-tones of the girls would bother me, but before the movie was even halfway through, I was not only used to it, but I liked it. The songs were also pretty excellent.

In conclusion, while the original purpose of the show may have been simply to make a new version of merchandise to sell, cornering in on the market that's held so strongly by Mattel (with Barbie and Monster High), they managed to turn it into a movie that was honestly enjoyable and far exceeded my expectations. Good job writers, good job voice actors.

Now to resist the urge to find and buy a Pinkie Pie human doll....

Polaris said:
Alright.

946103_454241901337498_940293934_n.jpg

So, apparently Enterplay (the company who makes those "fun packs") is now developing an official MLP:FiM TCG. For more info, check Equestria Daily. (I still can't figure how to copypaste links on an Android Tablet.) It should be one of the first five or six articles (at least at the time of posting) It makes sense they're doing this, especially as UltraPro is making sleeves and playmats for MLP. Be on the lookout for this around November 2013 (which is when S4 starts!)

original announcement
some more info
Small Q&A on the CCG
I have a feeling this will actually be a fun card game with actual strategy. So far enterplay has only impressed me with their small brony antics. Also Hasbro has some sort of connection with wizards of the coast, maybe they will do some consulting.
The last of the links says that the president and vice president have actually worked with pokemon!
THE HYPE just read the Q&A

How would this pony TCG work?

I draw a card. I got pinkie pie. Pinkie pie uses party cannon. Cranky doodles weakness is the fun element, it is super effective.

these guys are way late I have like tons of pony tcg cards come at me hasbro

^I see what you did there
this isn't the confirmed design of the card, but looking at it I see some similarities to MtG on the far left (summon costs?). And then another similarity with the labeling of the creature. I'm guessing there will be two major types of friends and foes, duh.
IMG_6184.jpg

The first set is said to have 225-350 cards, A good starting amount.

Welp, there goes all of my discretionary funds. Well played, Hasbro. Maybe my partner will want to play this game with me since he only plays the Pokémon TCG with me reluctantly.

Geek Week Easter Egg #1
1. Go to Youtube
2. Search for "ponies"
3. Wait a few moments
4. Aw yiss

Geek Week Easter Egg #2
1. Go to Youtube
2. Search for the NAME of a pony (eg "Fluttershy", "Rainbow Dash", "Octavia", "Princess Luna", etc.)
3. Aw yiss again

Back