Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Any comments on the Pony CCG??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Uy9PbOrg5k

More poni goodtime fun cards on my da

dmon2.deviantart.com/gallery

Equestria Girls was great, dunno what the major complaints are besides "blargle flargle humans". my only complaints were that Celestia and Luna had terrible designs, Flash Sentry was kinda boring, and Sunset Shimmer was almost Trixie 2.0

but it was pretty enjoyable

Saw EQG in theaters, and...

It was very pleasant. It was like a very long episode with the humanized/alternate reality tweest. I liked all the nods to the older episodes.

8/10 would watch again

PEANUT BUTTER CRACKERS

Also Derpy at the end of the credits was neat

Zenith said:
Equestria Girls was great, dunno what the major complaints are besides "blargle flargle humans". my only complaints were that Celestia and Luna had terrible designs, Flash Sentry was kinda boring, and Sunset Shimmer was almost Trixie 2.0

but it was pretty enjoyable

I actually thought the human love interest was Twilight's brother before his name was mentioned

A nod to friendship is witchcraft would have been pretty cool.

Bolt the Cat said:
Meh, that episode wasn't that great.

The only good thing to come out of FiW is Sweetie Bot.

"I will destroy you and steal your fiance, booty booty booty rockin' everywhere" isn't good enough for you?

The Fallen One said:
"I will destroy you and steal your fiance, booty booty booty rockin' everywhere" isn't good enough for you?

It's mildly amusing at best, nothing really to write home about.

Your mom is mildly amusing at best, nothing really to write home about!!!!

but really it's irrelevant what episode they pick; just to have them put any sort of nod to the series would make it all worth it.

PMJ said:
Your mom is mildly amusing at best, nothing really to write home about!!!!

tumblr_m8h2ybk97j1rtvivpo1_500.gif

"bootybootybootybooty rockin' everywhere" was probably the funniest moment in the FiW series.

It starts sometime in November, that's all I know...besides the fact that it has 26 episodes. Really hoping they don't show both parts of the premiere on the same day again.

November 23 (the weekend before Thanksgiving.) Also I heard Equestria Girls will be on The Hub sometime Labor Day weekend, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

The Fallen One said:
It starts sometime in November, that's all I know...besides the fact that it has 26 episodes. Really hoping they don't show both parts of the premiere on the same day again.

...why?

also if there are any large fandom nods in season 4 i will disintegrate

While fitting both parts into one week for the Season 2 finale was neat, I think that it really harmed the Season 3 premiere. We had no time for Sombra's character to sink in...granted, he got much less screen time than Discord did, but I think what helped Discord to stick was we had an entire week between the episodes for us to consider the character and what he'd done in that one episode. He had turned 5 of the Main 6 to the opposites of their true selves, and looked like he had Equestria in his...claws? Paws? Hmm...

Sombra was about to enslave an entire empire.

"Worst villain, just looks like a bad OC"
"Gak had more screen time than him"
Etc.

I feel like the extra week for his character and persona to sink into the minds of the fandom would have improved the impact of the Season 3 premiere. Just my two cents.

The Fallen One said:
While fitting both parts into one week for the Season 2 finale was neat, I think that it really harmed the Season 3 premiere. We had no time for Sombra's character to sink in...granted, he got much less screen time than Discord did, but I think what helped Discord to stick was we had an entire week between the episodes for us to consider the character and what he'd done in that one episode. He had turned 5 of the Main 6 to the opposites of their true selves, and looked like he had Equestria in his...claws? Paws? Hmm...

Sombra was about to enslave an entire empire.

"Worst villain, just looks like a bad OC"
"Gak had more screen time than him"
Etc.

I feel like the extra week for his character and persona to sink into the minds of the fandom would have improved the impact of the Season 3 premiere. Just my two cents.

As someone who watched all of S1 and S2 as one big lump instead of watching the individual episodes each week or so as they aired, I disagree. I had the same amount of time between episodes watching the S2 and S3 premieres and I still think Discord is much better as a character than King Sombra was. I honestly think this is because Discord plays a much more active role in his episodes whereas Sombra was portrayed as more of a passive threat.

Artemis said:
As someone who watched all of S1 and S2 as one big lump instead of watching the individual episodes each week or so as they aired, I disagree. I had the same amount of time between episodes watching the S2 and S3 premieres and I still think Discord is much better as a character than King Sombra was. I honestly think this is because Discord plays a much more active role in his episodes whereas Sombra was portrayed as more of a passive threat.

Exactly. Sombra's problem was that they didn't develop his character at all, he was pretty much just a generic evil entity that barely even speaks. I'd like to see more of him, I don't feel that the generic evil entity angle really works for him.

Back