TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: CMP Presents...Neo Redux. The Original One.

6-Dimension said:
Lovin the art, as well as everything else about them. Though, if they were real, little kids would have a hard time pronouncing the words (heck, I have trouble pronouncing the words) :p
"Alright, I'll use... 'Fat... Glassy...' or... or... something like that..."
Also, on the grass one, shouldn't it say "when you play Arceus from your hand onto your bench..."? Anyway, thumbs up for them. :D

Thanks!

Yeah, the names would be hard to pronounce but I thought that the whole God-esque aspect of Arceus would be exemplified well with Latin words and phrases. Could be a teaching tool for kids! :p

As for wording, nope, the card is correct -- see Neo Revelation Entei 6.

Haha no worries -- in fact, they've changed the wording a lot through the years, so for today's cards you're probably correct! :p

Nice artwork for the cards. Great job on all of them. :)

RE: CMP Presents...Neo Redux. Update: The Original One.

Woo! Nice to see the Arceus cards are coming out all right. Keep up the good work.

Thanks again everybody. Updated with Draco Plate Arceus -- it's my favorite so far I think.

Also updated my sig for the (temporary?) logo. Simple and non-flashy, just like Neo Genesis.

I am still loving the cards, Arceus are brilliant..

Thanks Berquet!

TO ALL: Metal blank is KILLING me. It's hard enough to get the texture right and not mess up the lines, but all of the Neo Metal cards (of which there are very few anyway!) have lots of attack text. I'm currently up to about 53 layers. Usually a blank has MAYBE 5 or 6 haha.

Moral of the story -- you guys better use this thing A LOT (I'm looking at you, FC and Aki!). :p Should be up soon. Just gotta get rid of the flavor text.

This one's been done for a while, but for some reason I must've missed it. I have Electric done, too, but it doesn't have a Power so I'll have to edit it.

arceuswater.png

Might not be any cards for a few days -- I move back into my house at school on Sunday and classes start Monday so I don't know how busy I'll be.

Question: What is Neo Redux? I know it might sound stupid but I'm not saying that. What IS Neo Redux? I've never known.

It's the name of the set.

Neo, obviously, because of the sets its named after (which just so happen to be my favorites). Redux is a word meaning to bring something back or to restore it. So, quite literally, I am "bringing back Neo."

So what's Neo? This is probably a more stupid question than the first.

Ah, you're a either younger fan or someone who recently got into Pokémon I'm assuming...Neo was the card series that came out during G/S. There were 4 sets: Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, and Neo Destiny, very much mirroring the "classic" sets (Base, Jungle, Fossil, and Rocket). Scans are on Pokébeach if you want to take a look.

Ok. I'm not answer fan, and I'm seventeen, but I wasn't interested in TCG in GS. I was about, seven or eight I think and thought that red and blue were the best ever.

CMP said:
TO ALL: Metal blank is KILLING me. It's hard enough to get the texture right and not mess up the lines, but all of the Neo Metal cards (of which there are very few anyway!) have lots of attack text. I'm currently up to about 53 layers. Usually a blank has MAYBE 5 or 6 haha.

Moral of the story -- you guys better use this thing A LOT (I'm looking at you, FC and Aki!). :p Should be up soon. Just gotta get rid of the flavor text.
It will get used a lot mate, don't worry ;) I've got a good few ideas for it :D

Back to the normal set for now (although Electric and Rock Arceus are pretty much done)...

steelix.png

dA here.

Pretty basic, but I like it.

Basic but very good, I have to say.

What are those other types? I would like to know.

Thanks Chiraami!

murkrow.png

I love Murkrow's attacks. This is the kind of originality that makes your cards great!

Back