TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Ask and ye shall receive.

Your wish is my command. But it just had to be Pokémon I needed to make blanks for, didn't it? ...haha just kidding! Better to get them out of the way now than later!

Tyrantrum.png
Aurorus.png

I wanted it to be a challenge.
Both look amazing!
I especially love Aurorus, the ability name is perfect. :)

gdi CMP I used the same art when I was messing around with a card maker ;o
The cards look amazing! How about we see Dread Lord Fletchling?

"These friendly Pokémon send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements. They relentlessly attack trainers in formation."
FTFY :3

Beautiful card CMPer! Any chance we could see Fletchinder/Talonflame?

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: It's been sunny, so...

Sorry, man...might have to wait a bit for those two! Since there's so few Kalos Pokémon, I'm trying to spread evolutionary lines as much as possible.

Hope this is an acceptable consolation...
Helioptile.png

So I'm finishing up spoilers for the Kalos Pokémon, and while it's fun doing the new ones, I'm having slight difficulty coming up with spoilers for the Megas. If anyone feels so inclined, I'd love some help (and you'd get mentioned in the credits -- worth it)... ;)

Also, which Basic Pokémon (of which an evolutionary relative hasn't been made yet) do you guys want to see next?

Espurr would be nice, as well as maybe Carbink? c: Those'd be good to see, as well as two forms of Meowstic later on.

Well, Fennekin would be nice... :p But seriously, a Carbink would actually be cool.

Here's an Espurr since I don't have Carbink spoilers done yet (though I have Carbink art). On the contrary, I have Fennekin spoilers but no art. #fakingprobs

Espurr.png

CMP said:
Here's an Espurr since I don't have Carbink spoilers done yet (though I have Carbink art). On the contrary, I have Fennekin spoilers but no art. #fakingprobs

Espurr.png

How'd you get the attack name "organ eruption"? Its... interesting.

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Dem eyes.

According to its Pokédex entries, since Espurr can't control the power of the organ under its ears, energy can leak out and sometimes "blast everything within 300 feet of itself." I figured getting Knocked Out would be one of those times it could lose control. The actual name, though, is describing the psychic blast itself...an eruption of energy, stemming from Espurr's psychic organs.

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Promos! Get your promos here!

Alright, so I don't recommend opening the spoiler tag unless you can handle 18 cards. If not, check out the Promo section in Post #6 to view them one at a time. Otherwise, have fun...

Blackbeltpromo.png

Blackglassespromo.png
Charcoalpromo.png

Dragonfangpromo.png

Hardstonepromo.png
Magnetpromo.png

Metalcoatpromo.png

Miracleseedpromo.png
Mysticwaterpromo.png

Nevermelticepromo.png

Pixieplatepromo.png

Poisonbarbpromo.png

Sharpbeakpromo.png

Silkscarfpromo.png
Silverpowderpromo.png
Softsandpromo.png

Spelltagpromo.png
Twistedspoonpromo.png

Pictures based on sprites/Dream World/Global Link artwork.

Side note: faking's been pretty dead as of late. It's usually a downward spiral; less activity leads to less motivation for members to post their work knowing their stuff won't likely get much buzz, which turns Fan Fakes into a dead zone...so let's try to boost activity here again, yeah? Hopefully things'll turn around with summer coming up for us Northern Hemisphere guys, but the sooner the better!

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Promos! Get your promos here!

Knocking out some standard cards? Good work on the art. Simple but consistent with itself.

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Promos! Get your promos here! 18 new cards!

So... many... So... great... so... LOVELY!!!! XD

RE: Neo Redux: I'm not dead! UPDATE: Promos! Get your promos here! 18 new cards!

Somehow your item cards reminds me of the old PA! fakes. They feel really nostalgic.

The wording on Metal Coat seems a little weird to me. I'd think that it would be worded something like this (or did you have a reference?)...

If the Pokémon Metal Coat is attached to is named Onix or Scyther, you may search your deck for a Stage 1 card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it into your hand.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

And actually, Alex, I had been inspired by Nick's fakes when I did these. I actually started a commission on dA for the items to be done in 3D, but the artist didn't really listen to what I wanted so I ended up getting a partial refund. Last time I put real money into the set...

Yeah, the wording is weird, but I took it wording from Pokémon Breeder Fields. I do like your suggestion, though (and considering both of them are Basics, it fits better). Time to change it. Thanks!

Back