TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: CMP goes HGSS?! Prime card inside! Plus Wobbuffet! (7/19)

Haven't commented in awhile, but I needn't worry because this thread is still full of quality stuff.
Great job, man.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: CMP goes HGSS?! Prime card inside! Plus Wobbuffet! (7/19)

Thanks 6D.

Any (non Water-type :p) cards you'd like to see next?

I think it would be cool if you made an Eelektross card. I'm already sensing epic possibilities.

I would also love to see a Heracross card!

Maybe some Eeveelutions eh CMPer? I'm sure being CMP and all you'll have some great way of doing them :D

Heracross sounds like a good idea, if I can find art haha. I've been having trouble getting art for Tynamo and its evolutions, and I'd like to release Eeveelutions all at once.

Kinda small text for the Electivire's attack details, no, CMP. Loving them, bro. Glad to see you go HGSS.

Thanks, HoS! The size I used was actually the largest font I could -- otherwise there'd be serious overlap.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Electivire Prime and Ampharos! (7/23)

Ampharos.png

Another round on the new holosheet.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Electivire Prime and Ampharos! (7/23)

Ampharos card=Incredible

This card looks amazing! I love the art work you chose for it and the Pokemon Power is incredible. Honestly CMP, seeing your artwork is one of the highlights of my day. I've made it a habit to check this thread often everyday to check for updates. You sir are a credit to the faking community! Now whether you like it or not, you are being added to my buddy list! >:]

* runs and adds CMP to his Buddy List

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Electivire Prime, Ampharos, and Xatu! (7/23)

As always, I really appreciate it Cris -- thank you, thank you! And of course you're now on my buddy list as well. :)

Xatu.png

Attack names come from the Aztec language of Nahuatl and mean Left Eye and Right Eye. I based the names on Xatu's Pokédex entry stating it uses its left eye to see the past and right eye to see the future -- thought it was rather fitting.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Electivire Prime, Ampharos, and Xatu! (7/23)

I can see little kids using Xatu, and trying their hardest to say its attacks.

Maybe I shouldn't be talking though. I'm not even sure how to say them. But I like how you came up with them CMP.

I think CMP is messing with us... Both of the attacks say lol in them xD
I really like the Ampharos card. The artwork is electrifying and the ability is pretty good.

^Haha, yeah. Real funny, CMP. I like the Aztec references, but I would have preferred Mayan. [/biased statement]
And you are getting added to my buddy list too.
*follows Cris and adds CMP to buddy list

~SS

Added you too, SS. :)

I went with Aztec because I've always assumed the "-atu" part of the name was derived from Atu, an Aztec god. Plus it was easier to find Nahuatl translations than Yucatec. :p Truthfully, I think Natu and Xatu are a blending of South American/Native American civilizations in general. Either way, the attacks sound exotic and that's what's important I guess!

Ampharos is awesome.

If you want to make it even more realistic, kawayoo did all the art for the HS packaging, including this one. :)

That Ampharos is absolutely incredible (as is the Xatu– I love the attacks, also, very neat idea there).
Also runs to add CMP to buddy list. Bandwagon!

quetzalcoatl ASDF ATTACK

I've always been a big fan of Xatu but I do wonder why you made such similar-sounding attack names. Oh well, I suppose it's all part of the flair.
As for the Ampharos Poke-Body? That actually reminds me of something from some old set - I think it was in the Team Magma/Aqua set, possibly the Archie or Maxie supporters? It's been a while.

Epic as always though, of course.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Pinsir! (7/25)

Thanks Prof!

Pinsir.png

The "?" is the proper font -- and is actually Helvetica. Took me a few minutes to discover -- I was scrolling through the fonts on my computer. Just a little helpful hint for anyone who needs to use a question mark for damage.

RE: Neo Redux: A full year in the making! UPDATE: Pinsir! (7/25)

PINSIR <<<<33333333333

I've always loved Pinsir and how he's a rarely-loved Pokemon - I'm the kind of guy that roots for the underdog. You, sir, have done the lonely stag beetle justice!

Back