No More Summer Vacation?

Actually, this idea is in a way good. It could be used as a threat/motivation for kids to stop slacking. This could be like a worse version of summer school for those who fail alot or don't care about their grades. I say that this be passed but it shouldn't apply to all kids. Seeing as a ton of you hate this idea, maybe you could just study the regular school year so that you can avoid the extra weekend and summer study. The only bad thing about this is that the teachers are going to get overworked D:

The drop out rate is high enough already. If this does happen more will drop out and there will not be as many going to school so it would be pointless to most of the kids who dropout anyway.:)

Riskbreakers said:
But meh, this bill shouldn't be ignored though. It can be modified in a way to make it beneficial.

For some reason I think you are not in school, lol.... If you were you WOULD NOT be fine with this. I hate school passionately. To have to stay longer, screw my future, I am dropping out :p

Still there would be tons of complaints, because of religion. It just would be good for a lot of people. I would complain, I go to church on Saturday.

Pokeman said:
Still there would be tons of complaints, because of religion. It just would be good for a lot of people. I would complain, I go to church on Saturday.
That is a good point most people would not like it because of this very reason I go on suday so that's bad for me.

Well seeing the responses here, from people who would be affected, it's obvious that this is a bad idea. I hate the idea, and it seems like this will just encourage drop outs and slacking. What works in one part of the world won't work in all parts of the world, you'd think someone like someone like Obama would realize this, but politicians can't seem to comprehend what ordinary people want.

DogMaster40 said:
Well seeing the responses here, from people who would be affected, it's obvious that this is a bad idea. I hate the idea, and it seems like this will just encourage drop outs and slacking. What works in one part of the world won't work in all parts of the world, you'd think someone like someone like Obama would realize this, but politicians can't seem to comprehend what ordinary people want.

Just throwing this out there, but what if we are all too stupid to realize that more school is necessary?

ElectroManiac said:
For some reason I think you are not in school, lol.... If you were you WOULD NOT be fine with this. I hate school passionately. To have to stay longer, screw my future, I am dropping out :p

I just don't live in America that's why.
Lickilicky_Guy said:
I told my freinds about this and we all came to a unanimous conclusion-it would make us slack more

Slack more, fail more. Good bye America being a world power. :D

For the record, it's not that fun but it is sort of needed seeing as how students tend to take education for granted (based from experience).

I really don't see how this will help with class sizes, either. My middle school class was so big, I had to transfer.

IF MY SCHOOL GOT LONGER, AND i STILL WOULD HAVE TO DO MY AFTER SCHOOL STUFF, i WOULD HAVE TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO THE PLAY AND BAND (sorry, had the caps llockon) and that wouldnt be cool

More, school, it doesn't really get that much harder every year, but still, school is no place for me.

Okay, this is the only thing that ahs ever made me not like Obama as a president...WTH? I've always thought we should get 3 days a week off, even if it means extending school time per day an hour or two...Our school never even teaches us enough, they just throw tons of projects at us!>=( Like 5 a week!

If this law is passed, I start the rebelling movement. Also, the author is Libby Qualid or whatever, but it was CONTRIBUTED BY the thing at the bottom. She wrote it.

Meaty said:
Okay, this is the only thing that ahs ever made me not like Obama as a president...WTH? I've always thought we should get 3 days a week off, even if it means extending school time per day an hour or two...Our school never even teaches us enough, they just throw tons of projects at us!>=( Like 5 a week!

I would kill to do some projects at my school, all we do is write notes.

I'm still on summer vacation til January 4th 2010, No joke.

Then It's serious business for me =D

Back