OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Though let me tell you, making a holosheet is extremely difficult. I sacrificed one of my old holos and removed the printed part via nail polish remover and scanned in the holo and planned to shrink it down to blanks that would be optimized for my blanks (so the holo circles would be a bit larger). It's extremely difficult to get a holoheet that works! I've tried editing others, but when I get them to a satisfactory point I'll post them haha

The WIP holosheet is what I used to holo Fighting Energy (among other energies), so it's not bad. Looks a bit better for Redux blanks than Cascade's (I used Cascade's for Ice Energy, but that's only because the holo circles are a bit bigger.

CMP said:
Though let me tell you, making a holosheet is extremely difficult. I sacrificed one of my old holos and removed the printed part via nail polish remover and scanned in the holo and planned to shrink it down to blanks that would be optimized for my blanks (so the holo circles would be a bit larger). It's extremely difficult to get a holoheet that works! I've tried editing others, but when I get them to a satisfactory point I'll post them haha

The WIP holosheet is what I used to holo Fighting Energy (among other energies), so it's not bad. Looks a bit better for Redux blanks than Cascade's (I used Cascade's for Ice Energy, but that's only because the holo circles are a bit bigger.

I had no idea this could be done! Now I have an awesome blank holo card. :D

Now I know what those people on ebay selling *very rare* blank holo cards are doing...

You're right, though, even it's difficult to make a holosheet with. I tried scanning mine, but you can't see all the pretty sparkly colors. Here's the result of my attempt: [link]

I would just take a photo of it, but when I do that, you see a pic of me holding a camera covered in sparkles. XD

Haha -- yours actually scanned a lot nicer than mine did, bro. Mind if I play around with yours a bit?

CMP said:
Haha -- yours actually scanned a lot nicer than mine did, bro. Mind if I play around with yours a bit?

Sure, go for it. Make it look awesome. :3

All right..I am desperate! I will PM 5 spoilers to the person who can tell me how to make a shadow using GIMP!

Maybe this will help? Is this for the edges of the blanks? Copy/paste the edges of the pattern (underneath the blank blank), and drop shadow at the appropriate angle.

Let me know if you're talking about another kind of shadow.

Nobody Saw This until I finished my project
I've made a larger version of D/P/Pt Blanks from scratch. Not finished yet tho. Whatcha think?
Also, I used CMPs blanks to have the right size. Cause Otherwise it'd look weird.

OKAI SO THIS IS THU FURST AND LAST TIME IM POSTIN THEES BLANCKS HEER SO LISSUN GUD.

Haha, Juuuuust kidding. Whatever, we're not going anywhere yammering on. H3r& j00 g03s Here you go! (Attachment)

Edit: Not working, mediafire t'morrow.

Not bad nod, not bad :) I'm also nearing the completion of my D&P blanks.

Heres a WIP of a lvl.x card :

dp_wip_lvlx_by_aschefield101-d40tjvt.png

I need to fiddle with that bottom right corner a bit more and placements of things, but its turning out ok thus far :)

^
That looks like a real card

http://nod3.deviantart.com/art/DPPt-Blanks-V-1-243518469
Yes, I KNOW THERE IS MISSING STUFF.

Looked back a few pages and found nothing on this:

Do any of you know what font they use for the word "LEGEND"? The font for the L or the EGEND would be great. Actually, just the EGEND part would suffice but if you guys know both/either that would be stupendous.

PMJ said:

Do any of you know what font they use for the word "LEGEND"? The font for the L or the EGEND would be great. Actually, just the EGEND part would suffice but if you guys know both/either that would be stupendous.

Here's a symbolsheet by HeroOfSinnoh with LEGEND on it, would that help?

Fonts eh? I'm still trying to find that out, will tell you guys when I do.

PMJ said:

This one would be better due to a higher quality, IMO.

You could also use this, although you'll have to rescale, remove the extra E and accent, and add a holofoil.

I tried to fix up my newest holosheet:

pk_holofoil_by_karite_kita_neko-d416kk3.png

Applied example: [link] (Sharpen 40%, Multiply 50%)

I was going to make it more glowy-looking, but after I looked at some PokeBeach scans (in particular, this one), I realized I didn't need to.

EDIT: Here's the pre-sharpened version, so you only need to add a Multiply 50% blending mode: [link]

EDIT 2: For a shinier effect (especially good for darker backgrounds), you could try Multiply 70-80%, Dodge 25-30%. Example: [link]

EDIT 3: Here's a border for fakes using this foil that require a holo border: [link]

Fantastic @ both of those neko. I might replace both my holosheets and border with your ones, they be alot cleaner :)

Little FYI for anyone who may need touse a question mark as the damage -- on early card blanks (Classic, Gym, Neo, e-card, etc.) question marks in the damage use Helvetica, not Gill Sans. Found that out today.

I need font guides for e-cards and ex cards like Flame Claw did here. By the 27th. It's very important.
You know how people use packaging art from the TCG and the just put Illus. Pokémon TCG? That bugs me. So..I set out to find the illustrators. And I discovered that in the credits on the theme deck rulebooks have the illustrator listed way down at the bottom. Unfortunately, I'm a cheapskate and don't have many decks. So I need a scan of the credits page on the CoL rulebook. (And the Appendix B pages..I'm working on something with rulebooks.)

Hey -- I'm one of those people! :p Not that I haven't tried to find out the illustrator -- the kawayoo ones are pretty obvious, but it's extremely difficult to find the artist of TCG wallpaper, some of which was made 6 or 7 years ago.

As for the font guide, why not try it yourself? Most card eras use very similar fonts, it's just placement (and sometimes size) that differs. It's more rewarding anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back