OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources (Includes font download!)

This is actually a known problem and I'm going to have to update that font guide to meet with the font download. Thanks for the kick up the arse, I'll try to get it done ASAP.

Hi, I'm having issues with font compatability in CS4 Portable that was linked a few pages back. I've installed all the fonts, but photoshop has them named differently and tries to substitute them.

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Seemed to have fixed this by using the right template. Just had to substitute a few things, but all looks good.

Thanks.

EDIT: none of the font packs appear to come with Frutiger, which is used in the "evolves from" bar, among other things. If you have a link to this I'd be greatly thankful.

Have you tryed the pack at http://flame95.wordpress.com/2009/10/31/fake-card-fonts/ ? I thought that had everything, if not tell me and I'll try and upload the font for you :D

EDIT: 555th post.

Yeah, I have that downloaded aready, it's not one of those four fonts.

On another note, speaking as a first-time faker, it's rather fun. I've got two cards done now, I shall reveal them when I have 2 more, I think. Just to see what people think of them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9PNIY96
Frutiger :D Good luck, and I can't wait to see your cards :)

Has anyone seen magic set editor? http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
There are a few "classic Pokemon" templates for download, but it looks like with a little tweaking, you can generate any kind of fakes in no time!

Or you could do it the proper way and do absolutely anything. Stop cheating.

YakobTheRed said:
Or you could do it the proper way and do absolutely anything. Stop cheating.

I'm so glad you said that otherwise I would have gone into one of my rants. +1 internet.

Flame Claw said:
I'm so glad you said that otherwise I would have gone into one of my rants. +1 internet.

I apologize, I do not mean to cause any undue grief.

No problem, it's just that... these generators aren't the most loved programs in the world.

I has a neo redux font guide in my dA. (Note, the preview image is angry gyarados)

You might wanna just link to it for convenience :D Anyway, I have yet to try Noddy's font guide but once I have I will comment :p

^ It's quite messy, if you ask me, but at least it gets the job done. I changed the font from "GillSans (notice the no space) MT bold condensed" to "Gill Sans STD condensed bold", changed spacing on attack text and added HP numbers.

Question. What's the font and size of the Weakness, Resistance and Retreat Cost text on a HG/SS era card?

EDIT: Gill Sans Std size 10 Condensed Bold is literally only 1 or 2 pixels off of in terms of width, but I can't get it dead on.

To be honest mate I haven't got a clue, but I will try that :D

Negative-Zero said:
how would you upload the fonts int gimp 2.6?

Find the Gimp 2.6 folder, open it, and hit fonts. Then, paste the fonts.

YakobTheRed said:
Question. What's the font and size of the Weakness, Resistance and Retreat Cost text on a HG/SS era card?

EDIT: Gill Sans Std size 10 Condensed Bold is literally only 1 or 2 pixels off of in terms of width, but I can't get it dead on.

What program are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back