One Piece

A_A's edit: Yeah. Do I really need to say why? Censor bypassing is against the rules here. We try to use words that make us sound intelligent. Join us.

venonat master said:
I wonder how Luffy's voice will sound or Chopper's.

Well, it seems as though Luffy may be played by a woman like he is in the Japanese version (at least that's what I got out of the interview) I believe Cook mentioned it was a request from high up in Toei.

Just curious, did you read the whole interview? It was 4 pages... I missed the read more link the first time around, it's not too obvious.

one peice is much better thatn naruto..i like blackjack..but Dragonball is the besat between these two anime..

WillSSj said:
^of course dragoball is much better than all..and pokemon too..

Do you mean that Pokemon and dbz are the best or that dbz tops Pokemon??/ cause i am going to start a conflict if thats what you mean..:(

wo way off topic
anyway i hope they fix all the episode they ruined the fight with crocidile it was the bst episode(s)and they turn it to sweat
4kid i spit on you and your puns

Blastoise king said:
wo way off topic
anyway i hope they fix all the episode they ruined the fight with crocidile it was the bst episode(s)and they turn it to sweat

Yes, please people don't get off topic, this thread is for discussing ONE PIECE, and for the most part, nothing else. Let's not get this thread locked... -_-;

Don't worry you'll be able to see the Croc fight! Funimation is releasing uncut bilingual DVDs, so even if it's slightly edited when it airs on CN it'll be fine for the DVD release. ;) Quick note so there's no confusion: They mention in the interview that they're going to be going for a TV PG rating like Naruto (unlike 4Kids' previous rating of Y7 FV =P ) so bloody scenes will still have to be toned down on TV (much less than 4Kids though), Sanji's sucker will also be returning on TV, becuase quote "There will be no smoking in One Piece land" although Smoker will get away with his cigars (apparently cigars are okay with the FCC, as long as they don't appear lit or have smoke coming from them that is) and any character with pipes will be okay. Name changes are being kept for the TV episodes (just to not confuse younger fans) Smoker to Chaser, Ace to Trace, Marines to Navy, etc. And there's some other stuff just read the whole interview... Remember though just because it's being changed for TV doesn't mean it will be for the DVD releases, the DVDs are 100% UNCUT, we the fans has nothing to worry about, One Piece is in excellent hands.

K-Flygon said:
WillSSj said:
^of course dragoball is much better than all..and pokemon too..

Do you mean that Pokemon and dbz are the best or that dbz tops Pokemon??/ cause i am going to start a conflict if thats what you mean..:(

well..not of course not..dragonball is as cool as pokemon!!!!understood??

masterryanx said:
Blastoise king said:
wo way off topic

Yes, please people don't get off topic, this thread is for discussing ONE PIECE, and for the most part, nothing else. Let's not get this thread locked... -_-;

Don't worry you'll be able to see the Croc fight! Funimation is releasing uncut bilingual DVDs, so even if it's slightly edited when it airs on CN it'll be fine for the DVD release. ;) Quick note so there's no confusion: They mention in the interview that they're going to be going for a TV PG rating like Naruto (unlike 4Kids' previous rating of Y7 FV =P ) so bloody scenes will still have to be toned down on TV (much less than 4Kids though), Sanji's sucker will also be returning on TV, becuase quote "There will be no smoking in One Piece land" although Smoker will get away with his cigars (apparently cigars are okay with the FCC, as long as they don't appear lit or have smoke coming from them that is) and any character with pipes will be okay. Name changes are being kept for the TV episodes (just to not confuse younger fans) Smoker to Chaser, Ace to Trace, Marines to Navy, etc. And there's some other stuff just read the whole interview... Remember though just because it's being changed for TV doesn't mean it will be for the DVD releases, the DVDs are 100% UNCUT, we the fans has nothing to worry about, One Piece is in excellent hands.

i hope they put the music in that was on during there fight
it made it cool and everything but when i saw the 4kids one i cried

Blastoise king said:
masterryanx said:
Blastoise king said:
wo way off topic

i hope they put the music in that was on during there fight
it made it cool and everything but when i saw the 4kids one i cried
About the DVD's should I wait till the box sets come out or buy the DVD's one by one.

venonat master said:
About the DVD's should I wait till the box sets come out or buy the DVD's one by one.
There's no question about buying singles to a box set.  In the interview they said they'll release box sets twice a year with about 13 episodes a piece for about $50.  So I don't think you'll have to but these box sets.  

tomoyosfan1 said:
venonat master said:
There's no question about buying singles to a box set.  In the interview they said they'll release box sets twice a year with about 13 episodes a piece for about $50.  So I don't think you'll have to but these box sets.  

Ya, that's about how it's going to work. It'll be a lot like the Naruto uncut sets. And I think 50 is a little much tomoyo, I believe they said they be around $40.

masterryanx said:
tomoyosfan1 said:
venonat master said:

Ya, that's about how it's going to work. It'll be a lot like the Naruto uncut sets. And I think 50 is a little much tomoyo, I believe they said they be around $40.

nope it's $50. Here's an excerpt from the interview on AnimeOnline.com.
How will you release the DVDs?
HEISKELL: We know that One Piece is a long, ongoing show, and we’ve learned in the past from fan feedback, forums, conventions, and all the conversations that three to four episodes per disc just won’t cut it for such a long series.
So what we’re going to do is 13 episode releases at $49.98. We haven’t figured out if we’re going to do two or three per year. We just have to see with production and sales whether it’s more beneficial to do two or three a year, but we haven’t decided yet. This is our quickest production, and we have our A-team working on it, and this is top priority so all the wheels are going right now.

well ill might just buy it in single because
cause the boxset might cost like 70 cause that how
the dbz one cost just for 1 season

Blastoise king said:
well ill might just buy it in single because
cause the boxset might cost like 70 cause that how
the dbz one cost just for 1 season

They won't be sold as single DVDs. They will be in 13 episode BOX SETS, if you need an exaple look at the Naruto Uncut sets out. It won't be sold $70 (for the last time $50 -__-;) it has far fewer episodes than the DBZ sets and likely less bonuses, those are really the only reasons the DBZ sets have the prices they do, that and the fact that the DBZ episodes in those sets were digitally enhanced and Funi knows people will buy them.

Back