PlasmaKlang

Lucario wouldn't be good because of the line's weakness to psychic. Riolu is easily donked by Mewtwo+DCE, unlike say, Klink with Klink's resistance. <80HP is bad, and that's why EX's are so good.

MountainDrew said:
Baby_BI said:
In my version of the deck I decided to remove 4 Metal energies and replace them with 4 Prism for Keldeo and Victini for the mirror. Works quiet well.

Wouldnt the water steel lighting fighting blend work better to attack with klinklang if needed
Blend WFML doesn't provide Fire energy for Victini.

haha :)

But it actually works quiet good, you are capable of taking some easy prizes in the mirror which just wins you the match.

Baby_BI said:
haha :)

But it actually works quiet good, you are capable of taking some easy prizes in the mirror which just wins you the match.
That sounds pretty decent. I might try it out :)

Now that Jirachi-EX has been released, how do you think this will affect PlasmaKlang? I'm really pumped for it honestly. This will be fun to test.

Re: RE: PlasmaKlang

Serperior said:
Now that Jirachi-EX has been released, how do you think this will affect PlasmaKlang? I'm really pumped for it honestly. This will be fun to test.

Jirachi will more than likely be a less broken Uxie. In most decks for draw along with a SSU or two.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Meh, I don't think it will be that great in this deck. It usually has a pretty full bench, and you can only search out Jirachi with Communication or Ultra Ball.

...if PlasmaKlang is even viable after the rotation and after Plasma Freeze comes out. If it is still viable, although I seriously doubt it will be, there's definitely a big risk in playing Jirachi which is that it opens up the field for your opponent to snag an extra two prizes, something that many EX decks may have trouble doing. The deck can be consistent without it, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

Machamp the Champion said:
Serperior said:
And Level Ball? 90 HP is pretty dang good.

Well, I meant in Klinklang, which doesn't usually play Level Ball, since it's just a weaker Heavy Ball.

If Klinklang is going to survive in future formats, it needs to be faster. If Jirachi can do that, then 1-2 Level Ball is always an option. It can also Search out Klink and Klang.

It may not be a matter of speed, it may simply be that so many decks run so many non-EX attackers that PlasmaKlang just doesn't really function as a good strategy.

Blah said:
It may not be a matter of speed, it may simply be that so many decks run so many non-EX attackers that PlasmaKlang just doesn't really function as a good strategy.

Very true, however Klinklang can make use of Prism and Blend energy to counter non-EX pokemon for weakness.

Even so, PlasmaKlang is very slow due to having no energy acceleration (and the acceleration it can make use of is often inconsistent or clunky) and decks like PlasmaBox will just laugh at it. Sure, it can handle a Victini tech here and there, but when there's non-EX's doing 120-180 damage a turn and there's 4-5 of them, this deck just can't handle it. If non-EX's do really become as popular as I predict, there won't be a point in using this deck anymore because the only reason this deck is good is because EX's are literally the only good attackers nowadays.

I'm going to have to agree and disagree here. Jirachi is very easy to KO. Bouffalant OHKOs it without a problem, and even Blastoise can OHKO it with four Water Energy. I just like the security of getting to play a Supporter the turn I draw Jirachi, rather than a dead card. Level Ball can still grab Klinks and Klangs, so it's not only Jirachi-compatible. Sure, Team Plasma Pokémon may get popular, but friends like Haxorus and Silver Mirror help big time against them. PlasmaKlang is going to have to run some Silver Mirror because other than the Team Plasma Pokémon, I don't see too many viable non-EX Pokémon. (Minus the Victini, Moltres, and Bouffalant we know today.) That being said, it would at least give Klinklang a fighting chance. I don't know how many Tool Scrapper those Plasma decks would run, but Silver Mirror is still an option nonetheless. With Cannon just being spoiled, there are going to be tons of new strategies that PlasmaKlang can't cover. I really like this deck, but I'm not sure how it'll stand in the future. Big Basics are probably still going to popular, as will Darkrai and Keldeo builds, which is why I still have some faith left.

Re: RE: PlasmaKlang

RogueChomp said:
If Jirachi EX let you get any card, then it would be great.

If only lol - Blah

Eh. I still think it is pretty good, but you have to run some SSU (if it is still in format) or the new Scoop Up Hurricane for it to really be usable. I see it more as a "this goes in most decks, but not a 4-of" sort of card.

Also, screw Tool Scrapper. I brought Chatot. ;3

Back