PlasmaKlang

Terrakion NV isn't very common any more because even Darkrai beats it now. Landorus is really the only thing that kills Darkrai easier than Keldeo that is commonly seen (unless for some reason your meta has Terrakion (EX) in it for some reason).

The truth about Terrakion now that CMT is gone, is that the only way Terrakion can even be used is that you make a whole deck based around Terrakion, Terrakion EX (If even), and Landorus EX. Besides that Terrakion is a total dud ...

littywitty said:
The truth about Terrakion now that CMT is gone, is that the only way Terrakion can even be used is that you make a whole deck based around Terrakion, Terrakion EX (If even), and Landorus EX. Besides that Terrakion is a total dud ...

I disagree. Terrakion is probably best in decks like Darkrai/Landorus (or without Landorus), Ho-Oh and Eelektrik on some occasions, ones that can get a surprise Terrakion out easy. If you just leave one out on the bench and manually attach to it in something like Landorus/Mewtwo/Tornadus, Darkrai's first priority is usually to kill the Terrakion.

Probably Terrakion's main downfall is the fact that Landorus EX even exists. Usually you don't add in a Terrakion, you add Landorus EX (and even another, proving Landorus' true essence to the metagame.)

Yeah, Terrakion has essentially died. It's just not good enough in a format where Landorus dominates. I don't know why Terrakion would even be considered in Plasmaklang, other than its compatibility with Blend Energy, if that was said anywhere.

Pokemon
4-0-2-2 Klinklang (2 PS and 2 BW)
4 Durant NVI
1 Registeel EX
3 Cobalion EX
1 Sableye DEX

=17 (Yeah I know, Extremely bulky. I've tested though, and its very Consistent.)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Switch
3 HypnoToxic Laser
1 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search
3 N
2 Skyla
3 Juniper
1 Bianca
1 Colress
4 Rare Candy
1 Full Heal
2 Max Potion

=48

Energy

10 Metal
2 Prism

= 60
Strategy is to Get PlasmaKlang out Turn 2, Use Durant to devour everything basically. The other Klinklang is optional. After the playing field has weakened for your opponent, Use Cobalion to take prizes. Use HTL to stall, especially vs. Keldeo or Darkrai.

My Decklist includes Durant. Here it is. I do at HTL as a Tech for many.

Where are the tropical beaches? I mean, this deck(and all stage 2's for that matter) without beaches just tend to die easily because they burn through resources reeeeally fast.

What does everyone think of Skyarrow Bridge in this deck?
I've tested it, and it makes this deck so much more flexible.
Every attacker in the deck now only has 1 retreat, which means you don't need to rely on Switch every time. Also, with Keldeo, it means you cannot be stalled when they catcher Klinklang.

DrunkSpinda said:
Where are the tropical beaches? I mean, this deck(and all stage 2's for that matter) without beaches just tend to die easily because they burn through resources reeeeally fast.

Well, certainly not in every casual players possession.

I think Blastoise is the only deck that really needs Tropical Beach. Blastoise can't attack at all until turn 2 at the earliest (unless you run Mewtwo and DCE), while Klinklang can use Righteous Edge, which is actually a pretty good attack, especially against Big Basics. Blastoise also needs a whole lot of energy to function, while all Klinklang really needs is a Plasma KK, and 1 energy every turn. Gothitelle/Accelgor also kinda needs it, but at least you can use Gothita's Hypnotic Gaze in that deck. Klinklang most definitely doesn't need it.

Keeper of Night said:
What does everyone think of Skyarrow Bridge in this deck?
I've tested it, and it makes this deck so much more flexible.
Every attacker in the deck now only has 1 retreat, which means you don't need to rely on Switch every time. Also, with Keldeo, it means you cannot be stalled when they catcher Klinklang.

Seems like a neat idea. I still might prefer Pokemon Center to it, but Skyarrow also seems like a good choice.

I disagree. While it technically doesn't need it, Beach is a massive asset to this deck not only to get rid of Virbanks, but because after the inital lock goes up, beaching for a few turns to get everything set up and completely perfect the lock is often extremely useful. I do agree it needs it less then something like Blastoise, but I think to seriously consider playing Klinklang, having at least 1 beach (2 or even 3 is better) is in your best interests.

How many Tool Scrapper should be played in this or any other deck (besides Garbo) play? I'm guessing 1-2 but after the recent tournaments I'm thinking 2-3.

SheNinja said:
How many Tool Scrapper should be played in this or any other deck (besides Garbo) play? I'm guessing 1-2 but after the recent tournaments I'm thinking 2-3.

If you're expecting Garbodor, don't play Klinklang 2 (maybe 3, haven't tested it) plus Dowsing Machine. You need to be really conservative with them, and time it well with N. I also might include Lasers, to give Righteous Edge a decent damage output, assuming you're opponent plays a Virbank down.

Does anyone have any ideas on what you could replace Juniper in this deck with (besides more Tropical Beach)? I've been finding that I almost never want to use Juniper, especially early game, due to the sheer amount of resources this deck needs to set up and stay alive throughout the game. I've lost several games due to really bad T1 or T2 Junipers (that I had to use otherwise I would have lost anyway).

Blah said:
Does anyone have any ideas on what you could replace Juniper in this deck with (besides more Tropical Beach)? I've been finding that I almost never want to use Juniper, especially early game, due to the sheer amount of resources this deck needs to set up and stay alive throughout the game. I've lost several games due to really bad T1 or T2 Junipers (that I had to use otherwise I would have lost anyway).

I've had similar problems with Juniper in this deck, I hate the discarding in this deck so much that I took out Ultra Ball and replaced it with Pokemon Communication. The supporter line in my deck is 4 N, 4 Skyla, 3 Juniper and 2 Colress, and that seems to work fine for me. I guess Cheren is the only other option, even though I don't really like Cheren all that much.

Blah said:

That's interesting, because I never have had problems with Juniper in this deck before.
My support line is currently:
3 Juniper, 3 N, 3 Skyla, 3 Cheren with 2 Tropical Beach. Ultra Ball never poses a problem either and I run 2 of them.

Blah said:

Caitlin from megalo-cannon caught my eye

Caitlin – Trainer
Supporter

Return any number of cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck in any order you like. Then, draw an equal number of cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

This way you can recycle what you dont need. You'll probably get N'd so anything on the botom can be shuffled again.

Back