PlasmaKlang

If you begin to use cards like SSU to support it (if SSU is still around), then it becomes pointless to run Jirachi. It would take up so much room that you'd rather just run more supporters.

I wouldn't run SSU in PlasmaKlang primarily because the list is a little tight to begin with, (a consistent list, at least), so I threw that idea out.

SheNinja said:
SSU would be picking up energy, which the deck cannot do if it wants to win.

Not always, BLW Klinklang could move the energy before you play SSU. But SSU would really only be for Jirachi anyway. If you don't play Jirachi, Max Potion does pretty much the same thing just without the coin flip. The only difference is that Max Potion cannnot get you out of Special conditions, but Switch fixes that as well.

SheNinja said:
Is there a translation? I haven't a clue what the card does.

It's on the front page, but I'll post it anyway.

Jirachi-EX - Metal - HP90
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Guiding Star
When you play this card from your hand to your Bench, search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[M][C][C] Hypnostrike: 60 damage. Both this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon are now Asleep.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Because Fire weak matters at all, let alone on a 90 hp mon. It is utterly atrocious but the fire weakness is actually a pretty good weakness (as far as weaknesses go). Its just that its attack is too sucky for it to be useful for that and unless you run SSU or a lot of level balls already then you might as well just run more Supporters, and in fact you might as well run more supporters anyway.

Re: RE: PlasmaKlang

Dark Void said:
Because Fire weak matters at all, let alone on a 90 hp mon. It is utterly atrocious but the fire weakness is actually a pretty good weakness (as far as weaknesses go). Its just that its attack is too sucky for it to be useful for that and unless you run SSU or a lot of level balls already then you might as well just run more Supporters, and in fact you might as well run more supporters anyway.

Depends on the deck. Running more Biancas doesn't save you from having to Juniper away a Juniper. Running more Supporters doesn't help when you already run 4 of certain Supporters that you need, it will just lower the chance that you will get specific supporters through RR. Running something like Jirachi does help with getting specific supporters, as you do get to choose. However, like I said, without SSU in format (expect that for the rotation), it is unplayable. It will probably be garbage unless SSU is reprinted, and if it IS reprinted, it will be pretty decent as a one or two-of, alongside techs like Mr. Mime.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There is a real advantage to running more supporters to RR or Jirachi. Late game you can actually run out of supporters to search for with those or just at all, which wouldn't happen if you had another supporter. In addition, 'Rachi is worse since you can start with it as your lone basic, which is disastrous. And I'm not quite sure what you're describing. If I have Bianca in my hand and two Juniper, I can Bianca first and not lose both Junipers or whatever. If I have 2 Junipers and Rachi in my hand I can do the exact same thing unless I have no Biancas left in my deck in which case I do something worse, and either way I drop a 90 hp 2 prizes onto the bench-or I just discard it alongside my second Juniper.

Maybe if they came out with some broken tool to make this card 50x better, but even so, genesect is getting all the attention in that category.

What's the attacker play in this deck? I have
2 Cobalion EX
2 Cobalion (Iron Breaker)
1 Registeel EX
And sort of (with the help of Prisim Energy)
1 Darkrai EX
1 Keldeo EX

I'd honestly love to know what works best because I'm thinking pf playing this for States.

SheNinja said:
No Darkrai, no Keldeo. Can't afford to have too many unnecessary non-Metal types in his deck.

They're metagame calls, we're so Darkrai heavy it becomes a nightmare, plus Darkrai & Keldeo make Heavy Ball abuse very easy. (And I know they're rare in Klinklang :p)

If you're Darkrai heavy then yay. Plasma Steel to the rescue! (That is, if you are able to T2 one of them...)

SheNinja said:
If you're Darkrai heavy then yay. Plasma Steel to the rescue! (That is, if you are able to T2 one of them...)

Because they don't have T1 Lasers or anything. It just really helps with stopping them, plus I've found the matchup to be pretty even for both sides.
I'm still testing, so I might drop them.

You can't rely on getting a T2 Klinklang every game so you have a back up plan, and mine is the Keldeo/Darkrai system.

I think Keldeo/Darkrai takes up too much space on the bench. It leaves you 4 spots for Klinklang evolutions and Metal attackers. I usually like 3 Klinklang spots and 2 Metal attackers. And Darkrai is free prizes for one of the most common non EX Pokemon: Terrakion. You also have to run multiples of them, or risk one of them being prized. I would recommend 1 Keldeo though. It helps against Darkrai when they Catcher/Laser your Klinklang and run you out of Switches. Keldeo with 1 Blend/Prism is enough to KO Sableye.

Back