PlasmaKlang

Blah said:
Does anyone have any ideas on what you could replace Juniper in this deck with (besides more Tropical Beach)? I've been finding that I almost never want to use Juniper, especially early game, due to the sheer amount of resources this deck needs to set up and stay alive throughout the game. I've lost several games due to really bad T1 or T2 Junipers (that I had to use otherwise I would have lost anyway).

My friend (who is a senior, but I think he did pretty well at Worlds) had the same issues with Juniper. He didn't use any at all; his Supporter line (which he swears by) is:

4 N
4 Skyla
3-4 Cheren
2 Colress

It seems like it doesn't have enough power to get you set up, but I haven't tried it out, though.

Blah said:
Does anyone have any ideas on what you could replace Juniper in this deck with (besides more Tropical Beach)? I've been finding that I almost never want to use Juniper, especially early game, due to the sheer amount of resources this deck needs to set up and stay alive throughout the game. I've lost several games due to really bad T1 or T2 Junipers (that I had to use otherwise I would have lost anyway).

Considering I run 2 Victini Ex (Victory Piece) in this deck, this is my supporter line.

4 N
4 Skyla
2 Professor Juniper
1 Colress
1 Random Reciever

This is the one deck where playing 4 Skyla is crucial to your strategy. If you play the Victini Ex-Victory Piece combination, this is more than vital. As for just in general, the number one key to this is getting at least the PlasmaKlang out, Skyla makes up for that last card you need whether this is a rare candy or a Heavy Ball to even get out the PlasmaKlang. 4 Skyla I believe is the best supporter in this deck because resources are always needed.

Me going 7-1 at regionals with it happened :3

In all seriousness, it's a great deck that only really loses to two matchups, and everything else in the format is the same way anyway. I know it might be bias, but I really do feel like Klinklang has earned its place in Tier 1 in this format due to its amazing matchups against Blastoise, Big Basics, and Darkrai.

Holy mackerel! Do you have a report? I wanna read up on this. Also, are you willing to share your list? Congratulations!

I just finished Top 2, got second to a Victini tech and some really dumb sleep flips. Got donked game 1 and then slept out in game 2. I'll post a full report later and I'll share my list when I get home.

On the topic of the deck itself, it's extremely powerful if played in the right meta. It near auto wins against Darkrai, Blastoise, and Big Basics unless they tech for it, and even then the matchup is pretty good. One thing to note is that you have to realize it's a slow deck - I won several matches after not having a PlasmaKlang until turn 6-7 and going down four prizes in the process.

That was you? I was watching that match on stream :eek:

First turn donk was really, REALLY painful. Actually, since I was watching that game, may I ask why you got the second PlasmaKlang out instead of a Shift Gear one? I kinda felt at the time like that cost you in the end since you had to Max Potion away three energy, but I may have been missing something since I was obviously just an observer and not actually down there playing.

gamercal said:
That was you? I was watching that match on stream :eek:

First turn donk was really, REALLY painful. Actually, since I was watching that game, may I ask why you got the second PlasmaKlang out instead of a Shift Gear one? I kinda felt at the time like that cost you in the end since you had to Max Potion away three energy, but I may have been missing something since I was obviously just an observer and not actually down there playing.

I had to prepare for him knocking out the PlasmaKlang with Victini. Since I prized two Klink, if he had KO'd my lone PlasmaKlang I would have been done for. Granted, he may have not had the catcher, but I would have just instantly lost if he had catcher KO'd the Klinklang. Getting two out gave me a safety net.

The sleep flip is what killed there. If he had hit tails, I could have just retreated to Durant and recycled resources until I had enough to win.

O_O You play Durant? I gotta see this list haha. Two Prized Klinks sounds awful though, let me tell you.

Durant is a god. It literally won me half my matches, including several in top cut. It trolls Darkrai really hard because I can spam switch after the last Sableye goes down and it stops me from decking out. Once the lock is complete, I can just Durant infinitely to get everything I need to win out of the discard.

No way. I know a lot of people run Devourant, but I didn't Pull Out Durant was a thing. Interesting.

^Oh yeah. When I t4'd Kansas States with this I ran Durant. 3 Beach or nothing IMO with this deck. You have to Bounce that Virbank in a deck that relies solely on switch with no energy acceleration

Ughhhhh. I just can't make that three-hundred dollar commitment. I feel like I would run Pokémon Center if anything. Where's Windstorm when you need it?

...or you could run HTL with 'em. d:

exdarkrai01 said:
^Oh yeah. When I t4'd Kansas States with this I ran Durant. 3 Beach or nothing IMO with this deck. You have to Bounce that Virbank in a deck that relies solely on switch with no energy acceleration

3 Beach is too much IMO. You only need it for the first 2-3 turns anyway. And even then, you may want to use Righteous Edge to discard DCE off of stuff.
If you're worried about Virbank, don't be. Not that many decks use it anyway. Of course, if you still want your stadium out, you could run either Pokemon Center or Skarrow Bridge as a third stadium. I personally use 2 Beach and 1 Skyarrow Bridge.

I actually like 2-3 beach, getting it early gives a giant boost to the deck's consistency and sitting back and beaching mid-late game is actually a good play if your hand is low. It's nice to get Virbank out of the way, but it's not that big of a deal as this deck slaughters Darkrai anyway. If it's a good meta call, going into the tournament with 1 beach (which is what I did at Regionals) isn't that bad of an idea, but the more the better.

Ahhhh. If only I could get my hands on some Beach. I'm probably gonna end up running HTL so I get the benefits of Virbank if my opponent plays it. Plus it's not a bad play to begin with to stall with Asleep if I'm running behind.

HTL might actually be a really strong card in this after Plasma Freeze comes out. It allows the two hit KO for 1 energy on Kyurem, an OHKO on Snorlax (with either Energy Press or Steel Bullet), and it makes it much easier to take out Blastoise because it brings them down to that magic 130 HP that Cobalion EX loves.

Just wondering how many Cobalion EX's is recommended for this deck? I'm thinking 3 since it will be your main attacker, but does anybody run four or is that just overkill. Also is the ball line usually 4 Heavy Ball's or do others put in some ultra ball's/level balls (for Klink). My meta is basically all Darkrai variant decks so I feel this deck will be the next one I build. Thanks

Back