XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Meowth currently isn't available in XY natively, but once PokéBank comes out in a week, you can transfer a Meowth from your Gen 5 games! :D

Yeah there is like 122 Pokemon that cannot be obtained without Poke Bank apps. If they ever cancel that app in the future there will be no possible way to transfer them.:)

xxashxx said:
Yeah there is like 122 Pokemon that cannot be obtained without Poke Bank apps. If they ever cancel that app in the future there will be no possible way to transfer them.:)

'cept of course for future releases.

How do I get the TM girl who gives you different TMs at different times of the day to give me the last TM? I swear I've talked to her at different times, but I can only get 3.

For a pokemon with pixilate, do you count the 30% increase of the normal type moves and the STAB?

If say Sylveon uses Quick Attack with Pixilate it will gain a STAB boost from the new FAIRY-Type attack.
If a NORMAL-Type Pokémon with an ability like Pixilate were to use Quick Attack, It would not gain a STAB boost (or at least it shouldn't).

Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

I've been seeing supposedly 'unobtainable' Pokemon on the GTS that are actually available for trades (like latios, latias, heatran, most of the previous gen starters etc. )
I was wondering are they like hacked or something? Because they're supposed to be unobtainable. I managed to get myself a feebas and some other starters over GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have an Excadrill with sand rush, you have used trick room, and a sandstorm is brewing, will Excadrill's speed be halved or will it still be doubled?

the speed will still be doubled, but it will essentially make it move later, due to inverted speed order under TR

Vickyyongthegreat said:
I've been seeing supposedly 'unobtainable' Pokemon on the GTS that are actually available for trades (like latios, latias, heatran, most of the previous gen starters etc. )
I was wondering are they like hacked or something? Because they're supposed to be unobtainable. I managed to get myself a feebas and some other starters over GTS.

This is because Pokébank, and by extension, Pokétransfer were released on Christmas Day in Japan :)

Lord Fletchling said:
Vickyyongthegreat said:

This is because Pokébank, and by extension, Pokétransfer were released on Christmas Day in Japan :)

But now we have to wait forever because Japan done screwed up because of their eagerness.

If you reset XY, will you need to re-download the patches?

Blob55 said:

Nope, Reset my Y this morning and I got no notices of me needing to download a patch.

Spartansn1p3r said:
Blob55 said:

Nope, Reset my Y this morning and I got no notices of me needing to download a patch.

the extra data downloaded to patch the game is in no way connected to the save file in-game or even the cartridge itself (assuming not a downloaded version). If you moved a hard copy of the game to a different 3DS, you'd need to download the patch again on that other 3ds to use it online with that system.

On the GTS what does the Pokeball icon stand for on the Pokemon lists? I have had 2 trades. One a Sceptile and the other an Infernape. They both have the Pokeball while the rest have the Blue White and Red star. Thanks XD. Does the Star mean America and a Pokeball Japan? Does the Pokeball mean event? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
On the GTS what does the Pokeball icon stand for on the Pokemon lists? I have had 2 trades. One a Sceptile and the other an Infernape. They both have the Pokeball while the rest have the Blue White and Red star. Thanks XD. Does the Star mean America and a Pokeball Japan? Does the Pokeball mean event? Thanks XD.:)

Pokeball means it's in the National Pokedex, while the Kalos symbol means it's in the Kalos Pokedex. My Regigigas can't be found in Kalos and has a Pokeball, but my Zoroark can so it has a Kalos symbol.

Oh ok. I though maybe it was Country enabled or somthing. Thanks XD.:)

Reggie McGigas said:
xxashxx said:

Pokeball means it's in the National Pokedex, while the Kalos symbol means it's in the Kalos Pokedex. My Regigigas can't be found in Kalos and has a Pokeball, but my Zoroark can so it has a Kalos symbol.
This is incorrect.
I have obtained all non legendary pokemon, save for Phione, and all of them, except for the Cofagrigus I obtained on GTS have the Kalos symbol. Cofagrigus is the only one in my Pokedex with a pokeball symbol.

Reggie McGigas said:
xxashxx said:

I also have to point out that this is not correct.
I have a Chikorita with the Kalos symbol, as well as every other starter and others.

The only pokemon I have obtained with the pokeball symbol is a Venusaur, which is in the Kalos dex.

I'm pretty sure it means you have obtained that Pokemon but not one from Kalos, as in not breed or caught in Kalos. Kiki, if you breed the Cofagrigus and evolve the Yamask the symbol will change to the pentagon. As for Keeper, I am assuming you didn't already have a Venasaur but got that one recently from a trade?

Oh ok if I evolve a Pokemon then it will be Kalos since that is how I got that Pokemon and will show up as Kalos. If I do the same and breed a Pokemon it will show up as Kalos as well. That makes more sense if that is the case XD.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back