XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Jakeremix said:
Let's say my Greninja is level 70, but it isn't properly EV trained at all. If I used a Reset Bag and trained him how I wanted him trained, would it make any difference when I'm battling with a friend or on random matchup and my pokemon are lowered to level 50? If not, does that mean all my pokemon must be EV trained before level 50?

As far as I know, you could keep the same EVs that you had at L70 when you are reduced to 50. The game doesn't go back in time to see what your EVs were at that point.

P.DelSlayer said:
This is more competitive based, but is there any place for a Timid Protean Froakie (Greninja)?

I got one through Wonder Trade and it has no EV's, so I'm wondering what I should do with it.
(It also came equipped with Toxic Spikes :D)

Timid Greninja is actually a pretty good clean-up Pokemon. It does appreciate Spikes and Stealth Rock support so it can get KOs it needs. Life Orb is mandatory as you won't have good enough power without it.

Oh ok. Thanks guys.:)

EDIT: How do I get to the other grass patches in Friend Safari? Is the square patch the only patch you get or can you access other patches besides the one patch? I am talking about the other 5 patches outside the fence around the patch you come in on.:)

xxashxx said:
Oh ok. Thanks guys.:)

EDIT: How do I get to the other grass patches in Friend Safari? Is the square patch the only patch you get or can you access other patches besides the one patch? I am talking about the other 5 patches outside the fence around the patch you come in on.:)

You cant, what a shame, would be nice if they did something with them but I highly doubt it

I think each patch you see beyond the one you're in is other friend safari type patches. Kinda like how the Safari Zone worked in HGSS.

Gourgeist

So I am about to embark on a quest that will take me to the depths of hell

Or should I say, IV breed a particular Gourgeist but before I do this, I have a question:

Is the form of the Gourgeist passed down or is it random? Or is it only the mother? I have no clue so if someone could answer my question that would be great!

RE: Gourgeist

lucariopulse333 said:
So I am about to embark on a quest that will take me to the depths of hell

Or should I say, IV breed a particular Gourgeist but before I do this, I have a question:

Is the form of the Gourgeist passed down or is it random? Or is it only the mother? I have no clue so if someone could answer my question that would be great!

Pumpkaboo/Gourgheist's size can be passed down, but only by the father.

Where can you can get Shiny Stone? And how does the FS work in cause you want to Hunt Shinies?

ShinyVincent said:
Where can you can get Shiny Stone? And how does the FS work in cause you want to Hunt Shinies?

Route 12 or with the super secret training courses. The one with Roserade should be the one.

^^ Thank you :D

According to the site that will not be named, you can find Pokémon in the berry trees that have a chance of holding berries. This is good for people who want all of the type resistance berries. However, I can't find ANY Pokémon with any hold items in the berry trees! What gives?

Lol I even ended up finding a shiny before a berry!

Blob55 said:
According to the site that will not be named, you can find Pokémon in the berry trees that have a chance of holding berries. This is good for people who want all of the type resistance berries. However, I can't find ANY Pokémon with any hold items in the berry trees! What gives?

I found a shiny Ralts before finding a single pokemon in my berry bushes... What am I doing wrong? I don't get it... Am I supposed to use sweet scent or something?

Chocolate Death said:
Blob55 said:

I found a shiny Ralts before finding a single pokemon in my berry bushes... What am I doing wrong? I don't get it... Am I supposed to use sweet scent or something?

I believe they just appear randomly. Also they like the bud and flowering stages the most.

Blob55 said:
Chocolate Death said:

I believe they just appear randomly. Also they like the bud and flowering stages the most.

Ok, thanks. :D
On another note, does anyone know if there's another way to get a metal coat besides the factory? I have a shiny Scyther and all so I want to evolve her and get that lemony fresh Scizor.

I want to say I found a Metal Coat smashing rocks, but I can't recall with absolute certainty.

Chocolate Death said:
Blob55 said:

Ok, thanks. :D
On another note, does anyone know if there's another way to get a metal coat besides the factory? I have a shiny Scyther and all so I want to evolve her and get that lemony fresh Scizor.

Held by wild Bronzong and Magneton. A FS would be the best place to frisk one out but if you don't have one I am pretty sure magneton are in the lost hotel, but are fairly rare.

Blob55 said:
I think each patch you see beyond the one you're in is other friend safari type patches. Kinda like how the Safari Zone worked in HGSS.

The only thing is everyone has that exact same patch each time the change users. I think everyone has the same patch I have and I don't think HG/SS you can do it unless you have a friend over or something. I tried to do it once but was denied access until I had a partner IRC XD.:)

How can I know my own Shiny Value (TSV and ESV)??

Either use Instacheck, or have someone who uses Instacheck to look them up for you.

I'll link it in a PM since it's off-site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back