XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon Rumored To Be Retyped As Fairy

Inferchomp said:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy) - no
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy) - yes (it'd be a travesty if not)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy) - yes
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy) - no
Jiggylypuff (Normal/Fairy) - yes (confirmed)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy) - yes

Why no to the babies? They're no less magical than their evolved forms. Kind of on the fence about Azurill not being Fairy as well, but I don't understand why Marill is a Fairy in the first place.

Inferchomp said:
Happiny (Normal/Fairy) - no
Chansey (Normal/Fairy) - no
Blissey (Normal/Fairy) - no
Audino (Normal/Fairy) - No
Alomomola (Water/Fairy) - Being pink = / = fairy type

These Pokemon have a healing theme to them, which is closely related to magic.

Inferchomp said:
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy) - same as ^ and being a heart shaped = / = fairy type

Same as above, but with a love theme.

Inferchomp said:
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy) - no
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy) - yes

I don't understand the logic here at all. Why is Cherrim even remotely being considered as a Fairy and why only Cherrim? Both of them have similar abilities and traits.

Inferchomp said:
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
alomomola rescues wounded pokemon, heals them, then carries them back to shore. Luvdisc because of its love theme.

Inferchomp said:

They heal pokemon and were also rumored to be retyped by multiple sources.

Inferchomp said:

Senses people's emotional and physical feelings and heals them if injured.

Inferchomp said:
Chingling (Psychic/Fairy) - no
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy) - no

Simply because of aesthetics. I think that's enough to base it off of and I think GF would think so too.

Inferchomp said:
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy) no
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy) no (should be grass/flying, but it's cool)

The first is extremely friendly. The second are known pranksters, something fairies are also known for.

Inferchomp said:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy) - no
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy) - no
Azurill (Normal/Fairy) - no

Why no babies?

Bolt the Cat said:
Why no to the babies? They're no less magical than their evolved forms. Kind of on the fence about Azurill not being Fairy as well, but I don't understand why Marill is a Fairy in the first place.

Because of Azurill setting the precedence of being normal then becoming a totally different type without it's original typing. It wouldn't be a huge deal if they were fairy/normal (or normal/fairy), it would just fit that trend. Trend as in Azurill being normal then becoming just water type with Marill. And I agree I'm not sure why Marrill and Azumarill are part fairy. I've heard because they are "moon rabbits."

Bolt the Cat said:
Inferchomp said:

These Pokemon have a healing theme to them, which is closely related to magic.

Every Pokémon is inherently "magical," but I understand what you're getting at, yet I like to think of Fairy Type as more mystical (and sometimes whimsical) than magical. These Pokémon are healers (on the anime, in the games, in their descriptions), yes, but not only fairies heal themselves. There's nothing mystical about them healing other than them being able to heal others. I hope you understand what I mean by that.
(Side: Chansey has always just appeared to me as a nurse's aide that uses machinery to heal the Pokémon. Blame that on the anime.)

Bolt the Cat said:
Inferchomp said:
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy) - same as ^ and being a heart shaped = / = fairy type

Same as above, but with a love theme.
It's a heart shaped aquatic creature based on a nearly heart-shaped fish that is pink. Love theme, yeah, but it's pink and looks like a heart. Not sure why that pushes it to be a fairy type.

(Bulbapedia: Luvdisc is based on the discus fish and certain other species of fish that appear to kiss each other.)

Bolt the Cat said:
Inferchomp said:
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy) - no
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy) - yes

I don't understand the logic here at all. Why is Cherrim even remotely being considered as a Fairy and why only Cherrim? Both of them have similar abilities and traits.
This was a mistype, didn't mean to 'no' one of them. I meant for both to be yes.

Ohman177 said:
alomomola rescues wounded pokemon, heals them, then carries them back to shore.

Read: What I replied to Bolt several lines up.

I put reasons next to those said no for.
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy) I think babies are just as relevant as others imo.
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy) See above.
Jiggylypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy) All three are healers who have been rumored to change by multiple sources.
Togepi (Fairy)
Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy) Senses people physical and emotional feelings and heals them.
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy) Heals injured pokemon and carries them back to shore.
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy) Both are friendly pranksters, two traits widely associated with fairies.
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

Inferchomp said:
Because of Azurill setting the precedence of being normal then becoming a totally different type without it's original typing. It wouldn't be a huge deal if they were fairy/normal (or normal/fairy), it would just fit that trend. Trend as in Azurill being normal then becoming just water type with Marill. And I agree I'm not sure why Marrill and Azumarill are part fairy. I've heard because they are "moon rabbits."

IIRC the reason why Azurill is Normal is because it can't swim (which I don't agree with, but whatever). Cleffa and Igglybuff still have the same abilities as their evolved forms, so there's no reason for them to be pure Normal.

Inferchomp said:
This was a mistype, didn't mean to 'no' one of them. I meant for both to be yes.

Again, I don't understand why either of them are a yes. Explain, please.

Ohman177 said:

Blissey (Normal/Fairy) All three are healers who have been rumored to change by multiple sources.

Audino (Normal/Fairy) Senses people physical and emotional feelings and heals them.

Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy) Both are friendly pranksters, two traits widely associated with fairies.
I just don't see the babies gaining the fairy type because of the precedence that Azurill set, but Azurill could be fully retyped itself. Not necessarily a big deal since they will all end up fairy in the end.

Healer Pokémon, to me, are there to heal other pokes but there is nothing mystical about them healing. I just don't see it and them being pink, again, doesn't = fairy type.

Whimsicott are friendly pranksters, but pranksters come in all shapes in sizes (and types; e.g. Zorua/Zoroark, they're more of menacing pranksters).

But like I said originally, these all have a chance (some very slim, others very much are going to be fairy). And who knows, GF may change a type of a poke we weren't expecting to be changed? (Lickilicky?!)

Bolt the Cat said:
Inferchomp said:

Cherubi (Cherub: a childlike angel; it's more biblical than fairy, but I think its name warrants it; it is also a joyful little creature and this is one of the times where a cute little thing should be fairy (Swirlix)). It's not got that mystical vibe (other than it's over-the-top cheerfulness), though, so I guess I don't have much other than the name.

For Cherrim, its Sunshine Forme is what makes it fairy type to me. It's admittedly harder for me to argue why Cherrim should be fairy type. These two are probably the only ones where I put 'yes' that I have a hard time explaining why they should be fairy.

Not every cute and cuddly/pink Pokemon needs to be retyped as fairy. Gardevoir makes sense, not only in appearance, but in nature. As far as Jigglypuff goes...eh, I don't really feel one way or another about it, I don't think it needed to be fairy type, but whatever. Marril makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me, unless Azumarill is going to get a more fairy-like evolution. IMO, the only Pokemon that should gain fairy as a second type besides the ones already confirmed are the Clefairy line and Snubbull line, since they were classified as "Fairy" Pokemon long before the Fairy type existed. I don't think it's necessary to turn around and make everything vaguely fairy looking into a fairy type - it leaves less room for new, original fairies, and the games doesn't need to be overrun with them like they're the new water types anyway.

Inferchomp said:
Ohman177 said:

I just don't see the babies gaining the fairy type because of the precedence that Azurill set, but Azurill could be fully retyped itself. Not necessarily a big deal since they will all end up fairy in the end.

Healer Pokémon, to me, are there to heal other pokes but there is nothing mystical about them healing. I just don't see it and them being pink, again, doesn't = fairy type.

Whimsicott are friendly pranksters, but pranksters come in all shapes in sizes (and types; e.g. Zorua/Zoroark, they're more of menacing pranksters).

But like I said originally, these all have a chance (some very slim, others very much are going to be fairy). And who knows, GF may change a type of a poke we weren't expecting to be changed? (Lickilicky?!)

Bolt the Cat said:

Cherubi (Cherub: a childlike angel; it's more biblical than fairy, but I think its name warrants it; it is also a joyful little creature and this is one of the times where a cute little thing should be fairy (Swirlix)). It's not got that mystical vibe (other than it's over-the-top cheerfulness), though, so I guess I don't have much other than the name.

For Cherrim, its Sunshine Forme is what makes it fairy type to me. It's admittedly harder for me to argue why Cherrim should be fairy type. These two are probably the only ones where I put 'yes' that I have a hard time explaining why they should be fairy.
I'm sort of leaning towards cherrim only getting fairy and not cherubi.

Geomancer said:
...Marril makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me, unless Azumarill is going to get a more fairy-like evolution...

Azumarill couldn't evolve, it's already 2nd stage, baby pokemon notwithstanding.

Geomancer said:
...the only Pokemon that should gain fairy as a second type besides the ones already confirmed are the Clefairy line and Snubbull line, since they were classified as "Fairy" Pokemon long before the Fairy type existed...

Hipster Clefairy and Snubbull; they were fairies before it was cool.
Maybe they won't get the Fairy type? You know, because then it would be too mainstream, man.

professorlight said:
Azumarill couldn't evolve, it's already 2nd stage, baby pokemon notwithstanding.
Aw damn, I forgot all about Azurill temporarily. xD Well, Marrill could always have a split evolution, but that just seems so...random. I guess it's just one of those things.

Geomancer said:
Hipster clefairy and snubull; they were fairies before it was cool.
Maybe they won't get the fairy type? you know, because then it would be too mainstream, man.
Haha, "Hipster Glasses" can be a new held item, then...increases your Pokemons...Hipster powers...? And they can hang out at Sawsbucks Coffee.

here's a list of what I think, logically, should get Fairy: (excluding what we've already had confirmed)
-Clefairy/Clefable. No need to explain.
-Snubull/Granbull - same as Clefairy, they're classified as the Fairy Pokemon and could easy be Fairy type
-Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss - the whole kindness thing seems Fairylike; their appearances can easy bee seen as Fairy
-Mawile - I wouldn't have expected this if WPM's source hadn't said, but I'm taking the source 100% now. *
-Misdreavus/Mismagius - not only does Ghost/Fairy with Levitate give it 3 excellent immunities that most other Pokemon would give up most of their BST for, it fits perfectly with their design origins.
-Milotic - the whole calm thing, plus beauty, seems Fairy.
-Cresselia - the good dream thing fits it, plus it's always seen fighting Darkrai and the 2 seem to be, for the most part, balanced; ingame this obviously doesn't happen because Psychic is ineffective to Dark. A Psychic/Fairy against a Dark type would give balance. It's also the one legendary that I think should be retyped, that is, if any are.

the 'maybe, could go either way' list:
-Audino
-Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
-Skitty/Delcatty
-Bellossom
-Politoed
-Volbeat/Illumise.

I'm really hoping that not all the cutesy pinkums are retyped, pink=/=fairy.

* could WPM's source have more retyped Fairies other than Mawile/the confirmed ones? It may not, but still, could be worth looking at

I find the lack of vulpix and ninetales disturbing. Fix that, please.
My reasoning:
vulpix -> vulpes + pixie
ninetales -> the nine tailed fox it's some japanese sinister demon/mystic creature, right?
the line has some connection to ghosts, mysterious powers and magic (nine cursed tails, anyone?), so it would be fitting, specially since I don't think they will follow the nine tailed fox path with fennekin, since they did it before (and pretty blatantly) with ninetales, and with the illusion powers of zoroark too.

Ninetales would admittedly be pretty awesome as a fire/fairy type, but I just don't see it happening. I always thought that Ninetales should have been fire/psychic to begin with, given that it lives for a thousand years, can lay curses, is highly intelligent, it's tails are said to possess magical qualities, it can control it's foes minds, and one pokedex entry even states that it is the reincarnated form of nine noble saints. Sounds like a psychic type to me. Too bad, because that would have made her so much more useful in competitive battles.

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

What do y'all think of these rumours?

http://i.imgur.com/UfmFYSS.png

I don't know what site it comes from, or much about it. But I believe it is supposed to be recent.. The image was just posted in a topic on another forum I am a part of. So I thought you guys might want to take a look and see if it makes sense to any of you. I don't find it very credible, to say the least. I mean, I don't think a leaker would deliberately name himself as a leaker. Just seems a bit trollish. But in any case, it is interesting.

Some of this stuff sounds too good to be true, or unbelievably close to what the fans would actually enjoy/want/are asking for/etc.

Like Litleo actually becoming a poison manticore. I would like that, but it is a very fan based idea. Or the idea of psychic-water dolphin pokemon. I don't know, but I am not hopeful of this.

But any thoughts from you guys?

The posts come from PJs website, another Pokemon fan site. The rumors, while enticing, could/will probably be completely fake. The information, while somewhat detailed, could easily be thought up on the spot- or pre determined since the poster basically went into the conversations and blatantly attracted attention to himself.

Really now!? I cant say that it was from Poke Jungles website because I get a "report me Im an advertiser" phrase. Thats BS.

The thing with Ninetales is that all those traits and flavor it has is so diverse. Its not focused on one particular thing.
So it feels like it could be a little bit as much Psychic as Ghost...and now Fairy too.

Its movepool doesn't offer any clarification on the matter either, as it has a similar amount of forgettable Psy and Ghost moves.

SuperDuper said:

I don't know what site it comes from, or much about it. But I believe it is supposed to be recent.. The image was just posted in a topic on another forum I am a part of. So I thought you guys might want to take a look and see if it makes sense to any of you. I don't find it very credible, to say the least. I mean, I don't think a leaker would deliberately name himself as a leaker. Just seems a bit trollish. But in any case, it is interesting.

Some of this stuff sounds too good to be true, or unbelievably close to what the fans would actually enjoy/want/are asking for/etc.

Like Litleo actually becoming a poison manticore. I would like that, but it is a very fan based idea. Or the idea of psychic-water dolphin pokemon. I don't know, but I am not hopeful of this.

-Talonflame being middle evo, I find that hard to believe (its tail markings even go from 1 stripe to 3)

-Helioptile losing it's Normal type? Then there would be no point whatsoever to have it in the first place.. Otherwise there is tons of pokemon who should have been /Normal because they gain a type to the single one just fine till now.

-Y forme is the shown one? Thats why its picture file was named M2x.png...

-Miltank Tauros pre-evo...I know 9430588 people have suggested that, but with the advent of Bouffalant I would find it quite weird for it not to figure in with Tauros at least before any other connections, and I don't even see that happening. Perhaps if both had their own pre-evos with the "Nidoran" factor of breeding the other ones.. but seriously, is it just me, whos always thought their designs were of very different designs merely sharing what they're based off?

-Fairy trio? Xerneas is enough for now I thought. Besides, another Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie-thing instead of a traditional trio isn't necessary until like gen 8 and even then I'd find it more exciting if they were three Ghosts, or three Bugs.

-just 7 legendaries? I doubt it even without events.

-gym types.... its contradicts the source that has gained tons of trusts in saying nr4 is not Fighting. And it says there is a Fire gym which Id doubt if Team Flare are already heavily themed on that.

-Fairy is weak to Ice?? That's insane. Ice is fragile as heck, while everyone boasts Ice moves because they are extremely useful already, that's the opposite of what the type needs and I don't believe it for a second.

-Fairy Wind is a variation of Ancientpower and co. HA, good idea, I would have guessed that too, its perfect lol.

-first route contains groundhog. No mention of Zigzagoon (or Pidgey and Patrat)? Fail. And Fletchling probably a route later, not right at the first one.

I wouldn't bet a thing on this guy. Too many fishy, unlikely and flawed bits of info.

SuperDuper said:

Christ, the imagination of some people these days... lol.

I'm like 99.9% sure it's fake. For one, the starter poke's names are so blegh. Like seriously, Chinken? Kinduples? XD I know Talonflame wasn't GF's most creative of names, but those just sound stupidly dumb to begin with.

And ugh, "IAMTHELEAKER" -- obviously just hogging for attention. Reminds me of Mr. XY or whoever the heck that was.

Not that I wouldn't want any of those ideas to be absolutely true like the manticore final evo of Litleo (I do hope it actually is true :D), or a dolphin pokemon after 348391023 years and countless water pokemon... but really, most of it seem to be based waaaay too much on fan speculation.

edit: Lol, even more ridic names -- Screeclaw (Screech + Claw?) and Apothingo (Apothecary + Flamingo? probably coz of that plague doctor speculation goin around haha).. omg. XD

SuperDuper said:

Fake.

On the Japanese Pokemon website it confirms that Talonflame is the 3rd stage in the Fletchling family (I believe it says something like 'Talonflame comes from repeated evolution of Fletchling').
Since this says Talonflame is the 2nd stage in the family, it directly contradicts an official thing on the Jp website.

It also has no mention of a Fighting Gym, which was leaked by WPM's source. Since WPM's source appears to be 100% accurate, that disproves that point.

and the name... IAMTHELEAKER makes it automatically look like this guy is just looking for a bit of internet fame.

P.DelSlayer said:
here's a list of what I think, logically, should get Fairy: (excluding what we've already had confirmed)
-Clefairy/Clefable. No need to explain.
-Snubull/Granbull - same as Clefairy, they're classified as the Fairy Pokemon and could easy be Fairy type
-Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss - the whole kindness thing seems Fairylike; their appearances can easy bee seen as Fairy
-Mawile - I wouldn't have expected this if WPM's source hadn't said, but I'm taking the source 100% now. *
-Misdreavus/Mismagius - not only does Ghost/Fairy with Levitate give it 3 excellent immunities that most other Pokemon would give up most of their BST for, it fits perfectly with their design origins.
-Milotic - the whole calm thing, plus beauty, seems Fairy.
-Cresselia - the good dream thing fits it, plus it's always seen fighting Darkrai and the 2 seem to be, for the most part, balanced; ingame this obviously doesn't happen because Psychic is ineffective to Dark. A Psychic/Fairy against a Dark type would give balance. It's also the one legendary that I think should be retyped, that is, if any are.

the 'maybe, could go either way' list:
-Audino
-Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
-Skitty/Delcatty
-Bellossom
-Politoed
-Volbeat/Illumise.

I'm really hoping that not all the cutesy pinkums are retyped, pink=/=fairy.

* could WPM's source have more retyped Fairies other than Mawile/the confirmed ones? It may not, but still, could be worth looking at

Mind explaining your reason for Skitty/Delcatty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back