XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon Rumored To Be Retyped As Fairy

Ohman177 said:
Jakeremix said:
Wayyy too many.

I'm pretty sure this is the list suggested by someone else who has insider info on the fairy-type, and therefore they aren't going to defend ever single one on that list.

Yes as they said this is not my original list. Could you tell me which you find strange?

I know it's not your original list, but you edited it, right? based on what is speculated here, darkrai no, this one yes, etc., that stuff?
My intention wasn't so much see which one of those couldn't be fairy type, but rather see which ones really could be.
For example, we said before that misdreavus/mismagius makes sense because they are a banshee (a mythical creature) and a witch (it's magic), but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why are bellossom, lilligant, whimsicott and others on that list.
That's what I was asking; not "what shouldn't be on this list?" but "why is this on this list?"

I'm all for every one of these Pokémon becoming part Fairy. I can stretch my mind far enough to see how all of these could be Fairy-types (Except for Sudowoodo. What is the logic there?) I do think it's unlikely though. The main reason I'm content with all these changes is because, if it's true, Fairy-type will have about the same amount of "type combinations" as many other types. Flying is only missing a Fighting/Flying pair. Water is only missing a Water/Fire pair. Grass is missing a Ghost and Fire pair. Fairy would only be missing the Ground/Fairy, Poison/Fairy, and Dragon/Fairy combinations, so it seems fine with me. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm a rambler.

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Jakeremix said:
I know it may be off topic, but if Xerneas represents life and Yveltal destruction, then where do the letters X and Y come into play?

Well, I'm gonna add some stuff that some guy mentioned on a YouTube video. I quote,

"Fairy is weak to steel and poison, immune to dragon, and supereffective against drqgon, dark, and fighting, and fire and psychic take half damage.
Mewtwos new form will be triggered by an item, the second gym is fairy, and the fourth is fighting. A pokemon named elvany which is fairy/flying will be revealed soon. Dunsparce, stantler, mawile, sableye, and jinx will gain evolutions.

Two new characters will be revealed, tofune and mika who challenge you throughout the game. Skrelp evolves into weedra who learns belch amd signal beam. clauncher gains two evolutions, the final being slingray, an electric/water type, that learns a water type move (I forget the name) thats super effective against flying pokemon, supporting the dual-type move rumor. As aforementioned, the fairy gym leader is named Kale, an androgynous character."

And then I found an awesome idea for the plot line.

"The new focus on the rivals and stuff is "Friendship", right?
Since there will be quite a lot of rivals, 4 to be exact, what if 1 actually joins the "Bad Guy" team and become the boss/admin because he/she wants to get stronger and thus joins the bad guys in order to get stronger and beat the E4/Champion?
Then in the final battle with him/her, the main character manages to talk some sense into him/her and he disbands the orginisation just like what giovanni did..."

Sounds interesting but where is the source?

Who posted that?

Also X and Y are just their names for now it hasn't been revealed what they do with the plot. It might be like Gen 3 where rubies and sapphires or emeralds had nothing to do with the games except for color.

AdamLambert said:
I'm all for every one of these Pokémon becoming part Fairy. I can stretch my mind far enough to see how all of these could be Fairy-types (Except for Sudowoodo. What is the logic there?) I do think it's unlikely though. The main reason I'm content with all these changes is because, if it's true, Fairy-type will have about the same amount of "type combinations" as many other types. Flying is only missing a Fighting/Flying pair. Water is only missing a Water/Fire pair. Grass is missing a Ghost and Fire pair. Fairy would only be missing the Ground/Fairy, Poison/Fairy, and Dragon/Fairy combinations, so it seems fine with me. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm a rambler.

There are a lot more unused type combos than Fighting/Flying, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Fire, and Water/Fire, so I don't see the point in your statement.

xayshade said:
AdamLambert said:

there are a lot more unused type combos than fighting/flying, grass/ghost, grass/fire, and water/fire so I don't see the point in your statement

I knew I'd confuse someone. lol. Yes, I'm aware that there are more unused type combinations. That's my point. If all those Pokémon really do get the Fairy-type added to them, we won't have to wait 10 more generations for all the Fairy type-combinations to exist.

Jakeremix said:
I know it may be off topic, but if Xerneas represents life and Yveltal destruction, then where do the letters X and Y come into play?

Well, I'm gonna add some stuff that some guy mentioned on a YouTube video. I quote,

"Fairy is weak to steel and poison, immune to dragon, and supereffective against drqgon, dark, and fighting, and fire and psychic take half damage.
Mewtwos new form will be triggered by an item, the second gym is fairy, and the fourth is fighting. A pokemon named elvany which is fairy/flying will be revealed soon. Dunsparce, stantler, mawile, sableye, and jinx will gain evolutions.

Two new characters will be revealed, tofune and mika who challenge you throughout the game. Skrelp evolves into weedra who learns belch amd signal beam. clauncher gains two evolutions, the final being slingray, an electric/water type, that learns a water type move (I forget the name) thats super effective against flying pokemon, supporting the dual-type move rumor. As aforementioned, the fairy gym leader is named Kale, an androgynous character."

Pretty sure this has all been debunked already, or so says the rumor threads of *removed*. The rumors about Mawile, Sableye and so on getting evos, Skrelp and Clauncher evos, the Pokemon Elvany and Kale the fairy gym leader also came with false information about Pangoro.

J.D. said:
Jakeremix said:

Pretty sure this has all been debunked already, or so says the rumor threads of *removed*. The rumors about Mawile, Sableye and so on getting evos, Skrelp and Clauncher evos, the Pokemon Elvany and Kale the fairy gym leader also came with false information about Pangoro.

My thoughts exactly, most of these are fake and have been disproven, But to be fair, this was made in january

Bolt the Cat said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Jirachi I can kinda see; not sure how they'd play it out though.
Celebi is a perfect Psychic/Grass, no need to change
Mew is interesting; it could fit and Fairy could be tacked on, but at the same time I could see some older fans disliking the change (similar to the Newtwo reception).
Manaphy is a possibility, but I'm not sure.
Shaymin maybe; it could be a nice thing that one forme can utilize fairy powers and the other flying powers.
Victini = same as Celebi. No need to change.

But the one major thing that has to be considered with retyping legendaries is how it would play ingame and in the whole thing overall.
Saying 'Cresselia was recently discovered to be able to master Fairy powers and will be treated as a Psychic/Fairy as such' is a lot easier to say 'Celebi has somehow lost its mastery at Psychic abilities and can use Fairy moves instead'.

This goes for all Pokemon as a whole - I doubt that we'll see dual type lines changing. (with the one exception of Togepi)

With Jirachi though, neither of its types fit it perfectly, much less so than Fairy type. Steel isn't very evident in its design, moveset, or traits. And Psychic only vaguely fits its connection to comets. It fits Fairy much more strongly than either of those with its wish granting theme. So I can see them making it Fairy/Psychic.

I agree; Jirachi is the only event fairy that should be retyped (that is, if any of them are retyped at all)
The only thing is, what would happen to it's Doom Desire? It could stay a Steel type move, but not have STAB, or just be retyped.

AdamLambert said:
xayshade said:
there are a lot more unused type combos than fighting/flying, grass/ghost, grass/fire, and water/fire so I don't see the point in your statement

I knew I'd confuse someone. lol. Yes, I'm aware that there are more unused type combinations. That's my point. If all those Pokémon really do get the Fairy-type added to them, we won't have to wait 10 more generations for all the Fairy type-combinations to exist.

The only thing with that is that there's always the fun part in speculating what a Fairy/Fire or something could potentially be. If they did all of those now then we wouldn't have that speculation. I think that GF would only give Fairy type to the Pokemon that they deem as 'worthy' ie incredibly Fairylike. (altho Jiggleh and Marill are making me question that)
I also think that they'll try to keep reclassified Pokemon to the lowest they can, whilst still having enough Fairies to compete with other types. With these huge lists, Fairy would easily become one of, if not, the most common types.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this list and I don't see it as too many:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
Jiggylypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Togepi (Fairy)
Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)
Chingling (Psychic/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

Ohman177 said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with this list and I don't see it as too many:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Togepi (Normal/Fairy)
Togetic (Flying/Fairy)
Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)

It's still quite the exhaustive list. I can see most being part fairy if GF wanted them to be, but many fall under "unlikely" still. GF may be trying to introduce more new fairy lines than retyping borderline ones. There still is a chance that some old pokes get a brand new evo that's (at least part) fairy while they stay the same too.

Inferchomp said:
Ohman177 said:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Togepi (Normal/Fairy)
Togetic (Flying/Fairy)
Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)

It's still quite the exhaustive list. I can see most being part fairy if GF wanted them to be, but many fall under "unlikely" still. GF may be trying to introduce more new fairy lines than retyping borderline ones. There still is a chance that some old pokes get a brand new evo that's (at least part) fairy while they stay the same too.

Which are unlikely?

Mitja said:
Togepi line is fail on the list.

They wouldn't change the secondary type to Fairy just to then change the primary one from Normal to Flying.

Either the line doesn't get Fairy type at all, or their Normal type changes to Fairy.

They have done it before.

Surskit is Bug/Water and evolves into Bug/Flying

Rotom's formes are primary electric and in gen four all of its formes were secondary ghost, now the other formes as of gen five have gotten their secondary changed to suit the appliance.

Raptor9229 said:
Rotom's formes are primary electric and in gen four all of its formes were secondary ghost, now the other formes as of gen five have gotten their secondary changed to suit the appliance.

I'm pretty sure Rotom's formes kept original Rotom's Electric/Ghost for connectivity reasons.

hypothetical situation: 2 friends having a wifi match. 1 uses Platinum, the other Pearl.
Platinum person has a Rotom-W, would be Water/Electric.
In Pearl Rotom is only recognized as an Electric/Ghost in all its formes.
It's hit with a Grass move.
do you see what I'm getting at?

edit: The best example is Rotom-F being hit with a Fighting move.
Would it take SE damage or be immune?

Raptor9229 said:
Mitja said:
Togepi line is fail on the list.

They wouldn't change the secondary type to Fairy just to then change the primary one from Normal to Flying.

Either the line doesn't get Fairy type at all, or their Normal type changes to Fairy.

That's not what I mean. I meant the whole line would not get Fairy as secondary (instead of Flying) just for the primary type to then also change from Normal to Flying again.

Either the primary Normal type is replaced with Fairy, or they don't change at all.

Mitja said:
Raptor9229 said:

That's not what I mean. I meant the whole line would not get Fairy as secondary (instead of Flying) just for the primary type to then also change from Normal to Flying again.

Either the primary Normal type is replaced with Fairy, or they don't change at all.

Oh yeah I didn't even notice that. I think that's ridiculous. If it's changed, normal would obviously be replaced by fairy.

P.DelSlayer said:
I agree; Jirachi is the only event fairy that should be retyped (that is, if any of them are retyped at all)
The only thing is, what would happen to it's Doom Desire? It could stay a Steel type move, but not have STAB, or just be retyped.

Retype. Doom Desire is a pretty Fairy-esque move.

I really wish GF would retype some pokemon rather than just add fairy to them. At least the official fairies like Clefairy and Snubull... And if they can't do that, I don't think it would be hard to make fairy their primary type.

Jakeremix said:
I really wish GF would retype some pokemon rather than just add fairy to them. At least the official fairies like Clefairy and Snubull... And if they can't do that, I don't think it would be hard to make fairy their primary type.

I'm surprised Jigglypuff isn't.

Ohman177 said:
Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Togepi (Fairy)
Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)

I see, then how do you explain this lines?

Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy)
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)

NOTE: "being pink/cute/cuddly" is NOT a reason.
NOTE 2: "because why not?" is also NOT a reason.

What I mean is: "this pokemon would be fairy because it's linked to fairies/magic/etc in this way: a inspiration, powers (beyond the regular amazing stuff pokemon can do), etc"

Ohman177 said:
Which are unlikely?

I apologize for taking so long to reply. My internet went out for most of the day, and I didn't want to reply on my phone.

Cleffa (Normal/Fairy) - no
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy) - yes (it'd be a travesty if not)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy) - yes
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy) - no
Jiggylypuff (Normal/Fairy) - yes (confirmed)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy) - yes
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy) - yes (it's the "fairy pokémon.")
Granbull (Normal/Fairy) - yes
Happiny (Normal/Fairy) - no
Chansey (Normal/Fairy) - no
Blissey (Normal/Fairy) - no
Togepi (Fairy) - Entire evo line is borderline, it exudes fairy qualities, but would not be surprised if still normal, and then normal/flying.
Togetic (Fairy/Flying) - ^
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying) - ^
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy) - IMO, only gains the fairy typing with an appropriate evo.
Audino (Normal/Fairy) - No
Azurill (Normal/Fairy) - no
Marill (Water/Fairy) - yes (confirmed)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy) - yes
Alomomola (Water/Fairy) - Being pink = / = fairy type
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy) - same as ^ and being a heart shaped = / = fairy type
Mawile (Steel/Fairy) - confirmed through leak, but I can definitely see it as part fairy anyhow.
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy) - what, no
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy) - no
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy) - no
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy) - yes
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy) - yes
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy) - yes
Petilil (Grass/Fairy) Another could be, but would not be surprised if GF just left it grass.
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy) - ^
Cottonee (Grass/Fairy) no
Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy) no (should be grass/flying, but it's cool)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy) - Yes
Illumise (Bug/Fairy) - Yes These two need it to be relevant again.
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy) - could be no, but I'll say yes
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy) - Yes
Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy) - Only legendary that should be re-typed, Jirachi MAYBE
Chingling (Psychic/Fairy) - no
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy) - no
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy) - yes (confirmed)

Overall this is a good [exhaustive] list where I could see nearly everyone of them getting the fairy type, but those are the ones (in your list) that I believe have the best chance of being retyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back