XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

^ IAMTHELEAKER you are the weakest link goodbye :p I say it false big time contradicts WPM information( which seems 100% accurate......so far :p).

Sycamore being the champion is perfect, though... Guess it's not happening. ):

Mitja said:
-gym types.... its contradicts the source that has gained tons of trusts in saying nr4 is not Fighting. And it says there is a Fire gym which Id doubt if Team Flare are already heavily themed on that.

We need more fire gyms, and if someone says there's one, then why would you deny it?

Jakeremix said:

Mitja said:
-gym types.... its contradicts the source that has gained tons of trusts in saying nr4 is not Fighting. And it says there is a Fire gym which Id doubt if Team Flare are already heavily themed on that.

We need more fire gyms, and if someone says there's one, then why would you deny it?

blaine and flannery would disagree , and chili (technically)

RE: Pokemon Rumored To Be Retyped As Fairy

Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:
here's a list of what I think, logically, should get Fairy: (excluding what we've already had confirmed)
-Clefairy/Clefable. No need to explain.
-Snubull/Granbull - same as Clefairy, they're classified as the Fairy Pokemon and could easy be Fairy type
-Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss - the whole kindness thing seems Fairylike; their appearances can easy bee seen as Fairy
-Mawile - I wouldn't have expected this if WPM's source hadn't said, but I'm taking the source 100% now. *
-Misdreavus/Mismagius - not only does Ghost/Fairy with Levitate give it 3 excellent immunities that most other Pokemon would give up most of their BST for, it fits perfectly with their design origins.
-Milotic - the whole calm thing, plus beauty, seems Fairy.
-Cresselia - the good dream thing fits it, plus it's always seen fighting Darkrai and the 2 seem to be, for the most part, balanced; ingame this obviously doesn't happen because Psychic is ineffective to Dark. A Psychic/Fairy against a Dark type would give balance. It's also the one legendary that I think should be retyped, that is, if any are.

the 'maybe, could go either way' list:
-Audino
-Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
-Skitty/Delcatty
-Bellossom
-Politoed
-Volbeat/Illumise.

I'm really hoping that not all the cutesy pinkums are retyped, pink=/=fairy.

* could WPM's source have more retyped Fairies other than Mawile/the confirmed ones? It may not, but still, could be worth looking at

Mind explaining your reason for Skitty/Delcatty?

That was more going by the cutesy thing
but now I think about it there's less chance of them being Fairy, their ability Normalize. It would seem off that a part-Fairy type would only be able to use Normal moves. (I think their whole gimmick is that every move they can use is Normal)

Proceeded said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Nah, it's totally legit. Here's some other suggestions:

Rhyperior
Hydreigon
Slowking
Ferrothorn
Medicham
Stoutland
Mantine
Muk

You forgot Charizard, Weezing, Watchog, Rhydon, Machamp, Garchomp and Meganium. Oh yes, and Rayquazza.

Seriously bro? You totally frogot Blastoise, Shedninja, Durant, Regice, Alakazam, Genesect, Fennekin, Dragonair (but not dragonite), and lucario. Duh.

[private]Unapproved for off-topic/spam/unnecessary comment/not elaborating. *Drohn[/private]

Reggie McGigas said:
Proceeded said:
You forgot Charizard, Weezing, Watchog, Rhydon, Machamp, Garchomp and Meganium. Oh yes, and Rayquazza.

Seriously bro? You totally frogot Blastoise, Shedninja, Durant, Regice, Alakazam, Genesect, Fennekin, Dragonair (but not dragonite), and lucario. Duh.

Oh yeah, I "frogot" Blastoise and the others. You "frogot" to include Miltank, Arbok, Nidking/Queen, Bisharp and Blaziken.

In all seriousness, here's a list of what I think should be a Fairy type. Sorry If I type in one that has already been classified as the new Fairy type.

-Clefairy line (It has fairy in its name)
-Snubull (It is a Fairy Pokemon in it's 'dex entry)
-Togepi line (It just yells "Fairy" to me.)
-Audino (If it's pink it's obviously a Fairy type. Kiddiing...)
-Igglybuff (Same as Togepi)
-Mew/Celebi/Manaphy/Shaymin/Jirachi (They're all floaty nymphs, seems Fairy-ish to me.)

That's all I can think of right now, might add more in a later edit.

It couldn't be more fake, but... Sycamore being the champion? that shit's brilliant! Now that's a twist no one could ever see coming; and the guy looks the part... I dunno, he just seems different from the regular professors, he has a... je ne se quois (see what I did there?). After reading that, for a moment, I believed it; but the rest was too stupid to be true.

Proceeded said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Nah, it's totally legit. Here's some other suggestions:

Rhyperior
Hydreigon
Slowking
Ferrothorn
Medicham
Stoutland
Mantine
Muk

Proceeded said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Oh yeah, I "frogot" Blastoise and the others. You "frogot" to include Miltank, Arbok, Nidking/Queen, Bisharp and Blaziken.

Guys, you are leaving out the ultimate fairy:

569.png

This mofo.

Hey, do you mind explaining to me why exactly are snubull and granbull "fairy" species?
I never quite got that.
For me, they are as much fairy as raikou or entei.

professorlight said:
Proceeded said:

Proceeded said:

569.png

This mofo.

Hey, do you mind explaining to me why exactly are snubull and granbull "fairy" species?
I never quite got that.

Because its pink

Hmm... I checked the 'dex entries and all I could find it fond among woman and is a very girly Pokemon. It learns no Fairy-ish moves... it bares it's teeth at it's opponents. I don't see anything having Snubbull to do with Fairies.

Proceeded said:
professorlight said:

569.png

This mofo.

I never quite got that.

Because its pink

Hmm... I checked the 'dex entries and all I could find it fond among woman and is a very girly Pokemon. It learns no Fairy-ish moves... it bares it's teeth at it's opponents. I don't see anything having Snubbull to do with Fairies.

TBH i think it's an inside joke for the people at Gamefreak. Make this cute pokemon that ends up being ridiculously grumpy and mean. Oh and call it the fairy type. I feel like someone who works there has an adorable, yet vicious, dog.

professorlight said:
It couldn't be more fake, but... Sycamore being the champion? that shit's brilliant! Now that's a twist no one could ever see coming; and the guy looks the part... I dunno, he just seems different from the regular professors, he has a... je ne se quois (see what I did there?). After reading that, for a moment, I believed it; but the rest was too stupid to be true.

I know, say what you like the guy has a good imagination. I wish the professor sycamore bit was true, but i don't believe any of it at all

Ohman177 said:
Proceeded said:
Because its pink

TBH i think it's an inside joke for the people at Gamefreak. Make this cute pokemon that ends up being ridiculously grumpy and mean. Oh and call it the fairy type. I feel like someone who works there has an adorable, yet vicious, dog.

I always thought they were something of a dig at how many people think pug dogs and bulldogs are cute and have them as pets, while they don't look very cute, really.

Maybe now that the fairy type (referring to magic, legend creatures, etc.) is a thing the gag is just confusing their species could change?

There's nothing in their design or movepool that points to fairy (except for charm, who is a candidate to a type change), they are angry all the time, and their ability is intimidate for crying out loud!. If their species wasn't fairy, but "angry dog" or something, most people wouldn't even think to change them.

I can totally see Snubbull staying pure Normal and still being called the fairy species. Species is even less accurate and more vague than egg-groups as to what the heck something is.
Its like one word descriptions some random person gave on command when shown a design.

I'm sure there is some other example thats just as confusing already.
I can only think of Arcanine the legendary pokemon right now tho...

Well here is a list of pokemon I believe we could see changed to fairy along with some reasoning. Ones with the asteriks I am more doubtful of.

Clefairy: Doesn't really need an explanation. I could actually see them completely removing its normal type and making it pure fairy
Clefable: ^^^
Jigglypuff: Confirmed, and I believe it makes more sense to be part fairy, since I don't really find Jigglypuff as fairy-like as Clefairy. It just seems to work better as a secondary addition.
Wigglytuff: ^^^
*Chansey: I could see it happening because of its healing abilities and it's pinkishness, but I actually hope it stays normal.
*Blissey: ^^^
Togepi: It has fairy-like qualities and I could see its normal type changed to fairy and then it becomes fairy/flying by evolution.
Togetic: ^^^
Togekiss: ^^^
Bellossom: I can see Bellossom becoming a sort of grass sprite like creature, and be given some fairy moves. Also the fact it loses a type upon evolution seems a bit strange. So they can give it another type to make it more comparable to its evolutionary counterpart. Similar to how Gardevoir is getting fairy, which makes it a bit more comparable to Gallade.
Marill: Confirmed, don't know why.
Azumarill: ^^^
Misdreavus: It's a banshee/witch thing. And it exudes magical qualities. It would also make aother unique ghost typing.
Mismagius: ^^^
*Snubbull: Just for its name as the Fairy Pokemon, could see it staying Normal though.
*Granbull: ^^^
Gardevoir: Confirmed, and I can see it being fairy-like
*Whismur: I could see it happening, but I wouldn't count on it happening.
*Loudred: ^^^
*Exploud: ^^^
*Azurill: I could see it staying pure normal, or being made pure fairy.
Mawile: Confirmed by the leaker, and I can see it happening as well.
*Milotic: Just for its healing qualities and to make it dual typed like its counterpart Gyarados, but I don't see this realisticly happening.
Cresselia: Only legendary really worth considering a retype. And Moonblast works so well for it!

I don't see much of the 5th gen being re-typed. If any, I guess Alomomola to being Water/Fairy and Audion to being Normal/Fairy.

Also, I don't include baby pokemon besides Azuriil because I feel they would not dual type a bunch of baby pokemon. Maybe make some pure fairy, but not toss on another type. Only three baby pokemon have dual-typings and I don't feel they would do anymore. I think of it has it's difficult for a baby pokemon to master two types, so they usually have one. Doesn't make all the sense, but it works for me.

Also, if they are going about adding types to older pokemon, maybe they should tweak some other ones? I mean, I would love it if they actually retcon Gyarados to be the more sensical Water/Dragon now. It wouldn't even take much explanation. It learns a lot of dragon type moves and has plenty dragon-like qualities.

leecario said:
Jakeremix said:

blaine and flannery would disagree , and chili (technically)

That's nothing compared to the five water gyms (Misty, Wallace/Juan, Crasher Wake, Cress, and Marlon).

Also, there was a water gym in Hoenn, despite Team Aqua running around. So I'm keeping my hopes up for another Fire gym.

With Azurill, I'm expecting them to give it Normal/Fairy.
It seems odd that a Normal Pokemon would evolve into a Water/Fairy type - in most lines there's been a secondary type connecting the evolutions, even if the primary changes. (that's in those lines that the primary does change. This excludes Eeveelutioins for obvious purposes)

dragotoed said:
SuperDuper said:
What do y'all think of these rumours?

http://i.imgur.com/UfmFYSS.png

edit: Lol, even more ridic names -- Screeclaw (Screech + Claw?) and Apothingo (Apothecary + Flamingo? probably coz of that plague doctor speculation goin around haha).. omg. XD

Really, how DO YOU classify a dumb Pokemon name, we have Muk, Volt-Orb, Nose-Pass and fricking Unown, those are also not imaginitve but for some reason they don't get the lip, each generation has their share of bad names, the ones you listed sound fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back