XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

Aurorus has a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is said to be super effective against Water-type Pokémon.

Dual type moves confirmed?

P.DelSlayer said:
Aurorus has a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is said to be super effective against Water-type Pokémon.

It's probably just a status move that freezes the opponent (like Will-O-Wisp, and Sleep Powder), but does damage when used on a Water type Pokémon. So it works somewhat like curse, but instead of the user's type, the opponent's type is what decides the effect of the attack. My question is; Will Water Pokémon take damage only, or will they freeze as well?

And as somebody else already pointed out on another forum; If the move is a dual type move, it has to be either Ice/Grass or Ice/Electric. However, since Water resists Ice, thus neutralises the super-effective damage of either Grass or Electric, it cannot be a dual type attack.

Less than a month to the release and they still did not mention dual type attacks besides the ??? type in the last corocoro magazine. Are they waiting with it to give it as the final surprise?

Pokequaza said:
P.DelSlayer said:

It's probably just a status move that freezes the opponent (like Will-O-Wisp, and Sleep Powder), but does damage when used on a Water type Pokémon. So it works somewhat like curse, but instead of the user's type, the opponent's type is what decides the effect of the attack. My question is; Will Water Pokémon take damage only, or will they freeze as well?

And as somebody else already pointed out on another forum; If the move is a dual type move, it has to be either Ice/Grass or Ice/Electric. However, since Water resists Ice, thus neutralises the super-effective damage of either Grass or Electric, it cannot be a dual type attack.

Unless it's an Ice move that does Electric type damage of corz.

But it sounds more like its simply an Ice move with an extra effect of working on Water like its SE regardless of the type chart.

Mitja said:
Pokequaza said:

Unless it's an Ice move that does Electric type damage of corz.

But it sounds more like its simply an Ice move with an extra effect of working on Water like its SE regardless of the type chart.

I think it'll work like Curse, a move that has a different effect depending on the user's type, but instead Freeze Dry depends on the foe's type. If it's a Water type, it deals super effective damage, if it's something else, it freezes the Pokémon.

Pokequaza said:
P.DelSlayer said:

You can't say it can't be a dual type attack since we don't know what dual type attacks do. The leaker never said how they worked, or any examples. We've only been speculating.
They could be attacks of one type that hit a usually resisting type for SE damage (like Freeze Dry does), they could change type under circumstances (even tho it isn't a new concept, it could be much more common), they could be one type but deal a different type's damage (like a Fighting move that does Flying damage).

P.DelSlayer said:
Pokequaza said:

You can't say it can't be a dual type attack since we don't know what dual type attacks do. The leaker never said how they worked, or any examples. We've only been speculating.
They could be attacks of one type that hit a usually resisting type for SE damage (like Freeze Dry does), they could change type under circumstances (even tho it isn't a new concept, it could be much more common), they could be one type but deal a different type's damage (like a Fighting move that does Flying damage).

Then it is just an attack with a special effect. The leaker said ''dual typed'', it's the only bit of information we have, assuming he was true. Dual means literally two, an attack that has two types, deals damage for both and receives STAB for both. Whilst I agree that this is just very unlikely, this would be an actual ''dual type'' move.

Moves that change type depending on location, or change affect depending on types are nothing new. However, I expect that these so called ''dual typed'' moves will actually be something like this, nothing spectacular (well, compared to actual dual type moves), and that the information was either wrong, or incorrectly stated.

Pokequaza said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Then it is just an attack with a special effect. The leaker said ''dual typed'', it's the only bit of information we have, assuming he was true. Dual means literally two, an attack that has two types, deals damage for both and receives STAB for both. Whilst I agree that this is just very unlikely, this would be an actual ''dual type'' move.

Moves that change type depending on location, or change affect depending on types are nothing new. However, I expect that these so called ''dual typed'' moves will actually be something like this, nothing spectacular (well, compared to actual dual type moves), and that the information was either wrong, or incorrectly stated.

Maybe the leaker meant the attack actually encompassed two types, not necessarily both doing damage at the same time.
Having an attack that deals 2 types of move could be very confusing.
Say we had an Ice/Electric attack.
How does it affect Torterra or Garchomp?
would it not do anything at all, due to their Electric immunity, or deal 4x damage due to their huge Ice weakness?
A pokemon couldn't be immune yet 4x weak to an attack at the same time.
And what if we had a Water/Grass type being used on a Rhyhorn? *unbalanced*

Granted, Freeze Dry does just seem to be a move that has a special effect, but still, dual type attacks could be anything.

P.DelSlayer said:
Having an attack that deals 2 types of move could be very confusing.
Say we had an Ice/Electric attack.
How does it affect Torterra or Garchomp?
would it not do anything at all, due to their Electric immunity, or deal 4x damage due to their huge Ice weakness?

Well, according to the old formula, it would be 2 x 2 x 0.5 x 0 = 0, so Torterra would resist it.

Whatever Freeze Dry will do, it won't be a dual type move, just an Ice move with a special effect. We'll see..

Having a Grass/Ground resist Ice because it is fused with electricity doesn't sound right to me. For dual types I would rather see the move deal damage separately for each type, but in one turn.

Example: Electric Icicle, base power 50, type:Ice/Electric
On Torterra: Half of the attack is Super Effective and the other half doesn't affect it, therefore it would calculate damage with a base power of 50.
On Blastoise: Half of the attack is Super Effective and the other half is Not Very Effective, therefore it would calculate damage with a base power of 75.

This is just a theory. Dual type moves might be completely different from what we think they are like! It could be a move changing type based on circumstances or based on the user.

Example: Solarbeam, type Fire/Grass
When Torterra uses Solarbeam it is a Grass-type move.
When Charizard uses Solarbeam it's a Fire-type move.
When any other type uses Solarbeam it's a Normal-type move.

I know Solarbeam doesn't make sense as a Normal-type move, but it's an example to explain the system, not to argue the move's type. :p

this has been discovered on 4chan
(most likely fake but here it is anyway)

BepBqH2.png

right from the getgo, this seems off, there's only 2 bug lines here (1 being Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon).
That would essentially make it 4 new bug types being introduced.
Yeaa.
It also implies Meowstic is a basic form, which seems unlikely considering the leaker said it evolves from Espurr (unless they were mistaken and Meowstic evolves into Espurr).

The red numbers seem odd. They could imply mega evos (in which case this can be debunked as fake right now) or is there another thing?

P.DelSlayer said:
this has been discovered on 4chan
(most likely fake but here it is anyway)

BepBqH2.png

right from the getgo, this seems off, there's only 2 bug lines here (1 being Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon).
That would essentially make it 4 new bug types being introduced.
Yeaa.
It also implies Meowstic is a basic form, which seems unlikely considering the leaker said it evolves from Espurr (unless they were mistaken and Meowstic evolves into Espurr).

The red numbers seem odd. They could imply mega evos (in which case this can be debunked as fake right now) or is there another thing?
That looks reeeal fake. Convenient that there are names for all of the pokemon revealed and none for the rest. It would have been more convincing without any names at all. Also, a few things, such as Meowstic, Orrotto, and Honedge evolving seem pretty unlikely. I don't buy it. :/

List seems fake, The type number is rather imbalanced with too many dragons and not enough bug or normal types. The list also claims fletchling is 2 stage but the Japanese sight hinted at it being a part of a 3 stage line iirc

From that list there are:

6 Grass type lines
5 Fire type lines and a Legendary (Including Fletchling line)
4 Water type lines and a Legendary
5 Dark type lines and a Legendary
4 Psychic type lines and two Legendaries
5 Fighting type lines
7/8 Normal type lines and two Legendaries
7/8 Flying type lines and a Legendary
2 Bug type lines
8 Fairy type lines and two Legendaries
2 Ground type lines and three Legendaries
2 Electric type lines and two Legendaries
4 Dragon type lines and a Legendary
5 Rock type lines
4 Steel type lines
3 Poison type lines and a Legendary
3 Ice type lines and a Legendary
4 Ghost type lines and a Legendary

This is all based on assumption, as I'm guessing that 3 Pokémon in a row that are all a single type are of the same line, even though they could all be single Pokémon.
I'm also guessing the Legendaries start at 746.

Seems to be fake, as there are only 2 Ground, Electric and Bug type lines and I'm pretty sure there's an Electric type Gym Leader in Kalos, so what would the rest of his team be?

I still don't get the red numbers...but what I find interesting is that all our previous revealed Pokemon have been given an evolution, even the ones that really shouldn't have one (oorotto and Honedge). I call FAKE on this one. Plus, never trust anything that comes from 4chan.

Dedenne, Flabébé, Honedge, and Orotto all get evolutions. I always thought of them as single Pokémon. Perhaps one of them will receive an evolution, but I don't think all of them will.

While the list is obviously fake,
"imabalanced number of types" isn't true.
Its quite clear that Kalos will be, like Sinnoh, filled mostly with old pokemon, with a new one every now and then.
It would be a valid point for a game like BW, where we knew the new ones have to do the job on their own.

I mean I could paste gen 4 type-list and you could say "nah, it's just got that one Ice-line which is actually primary Grass and Weavile which is just an evolution", especially when Sinnoh was the first region to have huge snowy routes and mountains. lol

I would normally scream Fake, but with the release date so close, I try to atleast side eye rumors. I mean, there is no proof it is false, other than it's from 4Chan (never true).

In Gen 2 there was only one additional dragon along with the current one dragon line, and there were 2 dragon trainers that gen. And Candice was an ice trainer in sinnoh, when there was only one natural ice type there. So I won't throw this out yet. Besides a steel/dragon? yisss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back