XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

I still believe that Professor Patrice still exists, just under a new name. In the IGN article that introduced Tyrantrum, a "Professor Sequoia" was mentioned as the one who gives you your starter. This was after the author played the first hour of the game...

Mitja said:
While the list is obviously fake,
"imabalanced number of types" isn't true.
Its quite clear that Kalos will be, like Sinnoh, filled mostly with old pokemon, with a new one every now and then.
It would be a valid point for a game like BW, where we knew the new ones have to do the job on their own.

I mean I could paste gen 4 type-list and you could say "nah, it's just got that one Ice-line which is actually primary Grass and Weavile which is just an evolution", especially when Sinnoh was the first region to have huge snowy routes and mountains. lol

You forgot about Froslass.

I want Flabébé and the Electric Hamster to get evos, as the Pikachu clones never do since 3rd gen.

Blob55 said:
Mitja said:
While the list is obviously fake,
"imabalanced number of types" isn't true.
Its quite clear that Kalos will be, like Sinnoh, filled mostly with old pokemon, with a new one every now and then.
It would be a valid point for a game like BW, where we knew the new ones have to do the job on their own.

I mean I could paste gen 4 type-list and you could say "nah, it's just got that one Ice-line which is actually primary Grass and Weavile which is just an evolution", especially when Sinnoh was the first region to have huge snowy routes and mountains. lol

You forgot about Froslass.

I want Flabébé and the Electric Hamster to get evos, as the Pikachu clones never do since 3rd gen.

And glaceon.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
professorlight said:
And rotom.

And arceus.

Wait a minute... I think I forgot something here...

Rotom wasn't ice type in gen IV.

What. He turns into a refrigerator.

Platinum and HGSS are 4th gen.

Whitefire said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Rotom wasn't ice type in gen IV.
What. He turns into a refrigerator.

Platinum and HGSS are 4th gen.

It remained Electric/Ghost, though. The type changes with its forms didn't happen until gen 5.
I think we've exhausted the "how many Ice types are in gen 4" line of discussion, so let's get back on topic, shall we? d:

I don't think Arceus and Rotom should count, as Rotom couldn't be Ice type until 5th gen and Arceus is event only, so you'd probably never use one in DP.

What if Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, are the Mega-Evolutions of Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon, respectively? Eevee's DNA is unstable, MegaStones tap into the potential of a Pokemon, what if it caused a reaction that made it permanent and those Legendaries came about? :p

Sheriff_K said:
What if Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, are the Mega-Evolutions of Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon, respectively? Eevee's DNA is unstable, MegaStones tap into the potential of a Pokemon, what if it caused a reaction that made it permanent and those Legendaries came about? :p

Hasn't this been speculated by some? That the creatures that died in the Brass Tower fire were actually a Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon? While I admit it is an interesting theory, it has to take into account the fact that Ho-Oh revived them... some connection would have to be made between Ho-Oh and mega-stones, and I just can't see that angle being played out any time soon. It does make you think, though, doesn't it?

FT10 said:
Sheriff_K said:

Hasn't this been speculated by some? That the creatures that died in the Brass Tower fire were actually a Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon? While I admit it is an interesting theory, it has to take into account the fact that Ho-Oh revived them... some connection would have to be made between Ho-Oh and mega-stones, and I just can't see that angle being played out any time soon. It does make you think, though, doesn't it?

Well, when your jolteon faints in battle holding a megastone, it megaevolves into raikou.

Just kidding, that theory is stupid anyway. I don't think the eeveelutions will megaevolve.

scattered mind said:
Maybe eevee will gain mega evolution. The ultimate normal eevee form

Before mega evolutions were introduced I thought that eventually every type will have an eeveelution, including Normal. I still think this will be the case, but now with megas, it could be possible for a mega eevee (doubt this gen though)

scattered mind said:
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for that ever since Mega-Evos were revealed. :p

Anyone else think that Noivern is actually one of those Pokemon you can get via Breeding certain species together to pass on traits/cosmetic features? I heard that was a thing.

Noivern-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

528Swoobat.png
I donno, since the first time I saw Noivern, I thought it was either an evolution of Swoobat, or created via some sort of breeding using a Swoobat. They look so alike!

PS. I think Swoobat is the ugliest Pokemon in the universe, and my instant reaction every time I see one is: "It deserves to die!"

Sheriff_K said:
scattered mind said:
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for that ever since Mega-Evos were revealed. :p

Anyone else think that Noivern is actually one of those Pokemon you can get via Breeding certain species together to pass on traits/cosmetic features? I heard that was a thing.

HUGE ASS IMAGE

I donno, since the first time I saw Noivern, I thought it was either an evolution of Swoobat, or created via some sort of breeding using a Swoobat. They look so alike!

PS. I think Swoobat is the ugliest Pokemon in the universe, and my instant reaction every time I see one is: "It deserves to die!"

Why does everyone compares noivern to swoobat so much? beyond the fur, they don't look alike,
Noivern is conceptually based on bats in general, while swoobat is physically based in fruit bats.
Beyond that, they are just a sonic wyvern and a love bat.

Sheriff_K said:
scattered mind said:

528Swoobat.png

The only thing similar of the two are the ears. If you'd really want it to be an evolution of Swoobat, it would have to be blue with a heart shaped nose. And lots of fur all over its body.

PS. Swoobat is the cutest Pokemon in the universe. Every one deserves love, you heartless creature.

Don't forget to add spoiler tags to large images! I added them to the post for you. :)

professorlight said:
FT10 said:

Well, when your jolteon faints in battle holding a megastone, it megaevolves into raikou.

Just kidding, that theory is stupid anyway. I don't think the eeveelutions will megaevolve.

Theory works better with eevee anyways since it says in the game somewhere Ho-oh gave them those typings and there are the kimono girls there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back