XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

Indeed, the next two weeks are going to be full of leaks, especially the week of release. Besides the review copies, there are people who get their hands on the games days, or maybe even a week, before the official release trough other, sometimes illegal, means.

We will also see an enormous increase in fakes. We are nearing the release and it is now possible to have the games and fakers are aware of that. I think we should add huge pinches of salt with all bits of potentially real information.

mastermagpie said:
Found this on Twitter!

Pre-battle image for Youngster.

http://t.co/9A82eTaFyj

(Sorry, couldn't save the image on my tablet...)

EDIT: And this, could be faked though?
http://t.co/Pq9pJ7iqH8

Omfg that youngster is so adorable lol!

mastermagpie said:
Found this on Twitter!

Pre-battle image for Youngster.

http://t.co/9A82eTaFyj

(Sorry, couldn't save the image on my tablet...)

EDIT: And this, could be faked though?
http://t.co/Pq9pJ7iqH8

Loving the character designs of this generation. :3

Razmos said:
BVQ-E7nCIAAyOj5.jpg

What do you guys think? Most likely fake. I can't imagine anyone would be stupid enough to take a picture of a pokemon before the embargo ends. And if they DID they'd probably do it for a pokemon we realllly want to see, like the starter evolutions.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Remember to capitalise new sentences. I made some adjustments to your post!*

It kinda matches the description of the badger pokemon rumor.

Seems like it's fake.
70bp.png

You can see where the rocks were photoshopped out in the background.

Razmos said:
Seems like it's fake.
70bp.png

In one of the trailers displaying the kanto starters, or maybe when it was Honedge, or someone, the beach behind Inkay/Malamar/Whatever had a hill of sand that eventualyl formed as the battle went on, so it might be a mountain that does the same.

FloodBadge said:
Razmos said:
Seems like it's fake.
70bp.png

In one of the trailers displaying the kanto starters, or maybe when it was Honedge, or someone, the beach behind Inkay/Malamar/Whatever had a hill of sand that eventualyl formed as the battle went on, so it might be a mountain that does the same.
You mean this one?

I kinda see what you mean, but there is a difference between sand building on a dune and a big boulder moving.

You know, now that I think about it.... they haven't confirmed if seasons are coming back yet, have they? I hope they will, but it wouldn't be terrible if they didn't (They could give Deerling/Sawsbuck an item to influence what forme they have to cover that issue).

In unrelated news, I went to my local GS today to check whether they were doing midnight release or 9 AM, but the worker there didn't know. (He tried calling his boss, but he didn't answer and I didn't feel like waiting around until the district manager swung by that day.) So whether or not ALL GS locations are doing midnight release is still unknown; if you're thinking about calling to check, you might want to wait until it gets a little closer to release day.

Razmos said:
FloodBadge said:
You mean this one?

I kinda see what you mean, but there is a difference between sand building on a dune and a big boulder moving.

My only other guess is there's random appearances in the background. I mean, we've only seen 1 video of the desert (Helioptile encounter), so we dont know anything about there. Plus, i believe there are some different tree placements I saw with the meadow. And, who knows? Maybe that mountain was one of those beta changes, if it's real that is.

Plus, if you look closely at the fine details of the mountain in the back, as well as the rock and sand in front, there's a different texture and shape. The helioptile one has more spots sticking out, as you can see with the coloring. The badger has a differently shaped rock and is slightly farther from the cliff than helioptile's. Unless that round rock on the badger's right has some kind of dent on that open spot that magically blends brown in with blue.

pokestache.com_1974_1371163934.jpg
The rock on the badgers right is simply the rock on Helioptiles left but flipped horizontally and moved to the right of the screen.
You can even sort of see the Outline of Helioptile behind the badger if you REALLY look.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Don't forget to add spoiler tags for large images. I added them for you now!*

EDIT: My apologies. Didn't even cross my mind.

I was reading this article today. It mentioned that the Rhyhorn outside your house IS actually rideable, however it's sleepy and won't go farther than the area you start in.

So that's official and confirmed.

However, he states that ALL starter pokemon will get mega-evolutions, yet specifies that NO gen 5 pokemon will get them. Surely that includes the starters? seems odd.

I don't believe Legendaries will get mega evolutions. I think Mewtwo was a special case.

Razmos said:
However, he states that ALL starter pokemon will get mega-evolutions, yet specifies that NO gen 5 pokemon will get them. Surely that includes the starters? seems odd.

Apparently he corrected himself. Someone pointed it out and he said he mistyped.

That does seem a bit odd. Im so excited for these games. Just 2 weeks of torture.

(This is the point where all the waiting starts to ware on me and i get impationt.)

EDIT: I wonder if he just said that he messed up to cover his ass. I hope these are true.

Remember to quote the relevant material in your post when you post links! Some posts have been hidden for not doing this.

CMP said:
Razmos said:

Apparently he corrected himself. Someone pointed it out and he said he mistyped.
Ah yes, that makes sense then :D

Here is a most likely fake version of Fennekin's final evolution, though I wouldn't mind it looking similar to this.

Some of the previous messages have been removed for discussing competitor sites and spam posts. Let's stay on topic here!

@Mia Vinje: That design looks pretty nice. I like the black hair resembling a Witch's Hat. The hair coming out of the ears is a bit long. I wouldn't mind the real evolution looking like that either. :p

Mia Vinje said:

Here is a most likely fake version of Fennekin's final evolution, though I wouldn't mind it looking similar to this.

Resolution makes it look pretty fake, but I like the design itself.

Much better than the fake Sugimori art we got a few days ago.

Kitana Coldfire said:
Mia Vinje said:

Resolution makes it look pretty fake, but I like the design itself.

Much better than the fake Sugimori art we got a few days ago.
Ugh, I really did not like the fake Sugimori art of Fennekin's final evolution. .3.
Though I did however like it's depiction Froakie's fake final evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back