XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

It's a little weird that someone would go through the trouble to fake these shots and put Extrasensory with an incorrect amount of PP. I mean, aren't all of the other moves correct in their PP usage? You'd think someone would have to look all of that stuff up. I'm not saying it couldn't be fake, of course, I just think the Extrasensory thing would be a pretty strange mistake.

Move PPs have been changed in the past. Who's to say Extrasensory can't have it's PP changed?

Tyrible said:
What I find funny is that this guy has a possibly Water/Fighting 2nd stage evolution at level 66, and it doesn't know any Fighting moves, and knows a Psychic move though. Take it as you may, but i think I smell fish.

3rd stage evolution. But I agree with the following points.

@Leaferian, Well didn't Vine whip PP increase this time around, so I don't think that it is unusual for Extrasensory to get a little bit more or less PP :)

Ghost King said:
@Leaferian, Well didn't Vine whip PP increase this time around, so I don't think that it is unusual for Extrasensory to get a little bit more or less PP :)
Yeah, I agree. I was just sayin' :p

Also, Extrasensory is like the Psychic-type Bite. Sure it does special damage, but in Gen V and earlier it has a Power of 80/Accuracy of 100/PP of 30. Bite, by contrast, has Power 60/Acc 100/PP 25 and is physical. Seems kind of odd that a move with better attack strength also had a deeper pool, especially since I THINK they have the same chance to cause flinching.

Maybe they decided 5 below made more sense than 5 above?

Something strange:

Greninja is the first Water starter to "lose" the dark blue. I mean Totodile line and Mudkip line are normal/light blue in all 3 forms. Squirtle is light blue, Wartortle is darker and Blastoise even darker. Also Piplup/Oshawott/Froakie have something dark blue in the base form which grows over with evolutions. But while Empoleon and Samurott are totally dark blue Greninja totally lost the dark blue of Froakie and Frogadier and turn completly light blue. Let's avoid Frogadier dark "mask" but why does it loses the dark blue on its hands and legs and instead gains white spots? Isn't this strange?

palkia07 said:
Something strange:

Greninja is the first Water starter to "lose" the dark blue. I mean Totodile line and Mudkip line are normal/light blue in all 3 forms. Squirtle is light blue, Wartortle is darker and Blastoise even darker. Also Piplup/Oshawott/Froakie have something dark blue in the base form which grows over with evolutions. But while Empoleon and Samurott are totally dark blue Greninja totally lost the dark blue of Froakie and Frogadier and turn completly light blue. Let's avoid Frogadier dark "mask" but why does it loses the dark blue on its hands and legs and instead gains white spots? Isn't this strange?

Not to mention a leak suggested that the dark blue would cover almost nearly all of the final evolution's body, along with dark spots, not white spots.

palkia07 said:
Something strange:

It looks to me like it still keeps the dark blue on parts of its head and hands, but the image quality is pretty awful.

nightkeeper said:
palkia07 said:
Something strange:

Not to mention a leak suggested that the dark blue would cover almost nearly all of the final evolution's body, along with dark spots, not white spots.

Yeh but I don't trust that leak..

Leaferian said:
Ghost King said:
Yeah, I agree. I was just sayin' :p

Also, Extrasensory is like the Psychic-type Bite. Sure it does special damage, but in Gen V and earlier it has a Power of 80/Accuracy of 100/PP of 30. Bite, by contrast, has Power 60/Acc 100/PP 25 and is physical. Seems kind of odd that a move with better attack strength also had a deeper pool, especially since I THINK they have the same chance to cause flinching.

Maybe they decided 5 below made more sense than 5 above?

Maybe because 32/649 pokemon can learn extrasensory which is almost 5% of all pokemon, and 105/649 pokemon can learn bite which is almost 16% of all pokemon. ( This is not including the pokemon in gen. 6) but who knows :p

Ok you guys made about 30 more pages than there were when I was here last night...
Could someone tell me what's going on?

FloodBadge said:
Ok you guys made about 30 more pages than there were when I was here last night...

Its been just a lot of pictures posted that maybe true or fake being argued about, and pointing out deficiencies in the pictures. Its been great.

FloodBadge said:

ok here it is short and sweet :p

Some guy posted some info about pokemon, then posted pics that look very legit, all hell broke loose, guy said it was fake, he started to take down the pictures, some of us think he is back pedaling so he wont get in trouble with Nintendo (Reviewer copy of the game). The pics are on the front page :) hope it clears it up :p

Tyrible said:
FloodBadge said:

Its been just a lot of pictures posted that maybe true or fake being argued about, and pointing out deficiencies in the pictures. Its been great.

Read the front page story then go to page 78 and read my post. It basically explains everything.

New picture of Greninja popped up on 4chan, but this one is pretty obviously photoshopped. You can see that they took another screenshot and edited Greninja in, without bothering to alter the size of the grass circle so Greninja doesn't clip over it:

inkay2.jpg

1380490101666.png

FloodBadge said:

So much stuff went down, man.

Kitana Coldfire said:
New picture of Greninja popped up on 4chan, but this one is pretty obviously photoshopped. You can see that they took another screenshot and edited Greninja in, without bothering to alter the size of the grass circle so Greninja doesn't clip over it:

inkay2.jpg

1380490101666.png

The quality of Greninja is terrible too.

All I can say is, I hope that Quilladin is shiny and real.
Oh, and I like the Froakie final. It's another clever reference to real things.
Bulbasaur and a flower bud's growth, Chikorita and a flower's growth, Totodile and the growth form baby to adult, Torchic and the growth to adapt, Turtwig and the growth of trees, and apparently Froakie and the growth of a frog. I forget which frog it is, but there's one that stays in a bubble nest and leaves after becoming an adult. There's also a frog that keeps a bunch of eggs on it's back for a while, but that's only after it mates and the female gives birth.

Yeah, that fake image was probably made by someone trying to make people think the pokemon is fake. Hence why they made it look so bad.
FloodBadge said:
Bulbasaur and a flower bud's growth, Chikorita and a flower's growth, Totodile and the growth form baby to adult, Torchic and the growth to adapt, Turtwig and the growth of trees, and apparently Froakie and the growth of a frog. I forget which frog it is, but there's one that stays in a bubble nest and leaves after becoming an adult. There's also a frog that keeps a bunch of eggs on it's back for a while, but that's only after it mates and the female gives birth.
ah, I mentioned the bubble nest earlier too, and how I think it inspired Froakie's design. glad somebody else was thinking it too :D

Razmos said:
Yeah, that fake image was probably made by someone trying to make people think the pokemon is fake. Hence why they made it look so bad.
FloodBadge said:
ah, I mentioned the bubble nest earlier too, and how I think it inspired Froakie's design. glad somebody else was thinking it too :D

If you own 7 giant and thick as Heaven and Hell animal books, you're gonna know a few things.
For instance, the fact that Bunnelby is a burrowing rabbit may, in fact, mean that it could possibly have an evolution found in horde battles, or itself. Burrowing rabbits and rodents tend to live with others underground. Rabbits don't always do this though, as it is a bit less common from them, but still possible. This could also mean it's evolution wil use moves resembling a ninja, as some animals will attack from their burrows (like some Eels do), just as ninjas attack from the shadows.
Also, because Skiddo and Gogoat are based off of mountain goats, they are likely to have quite decent to excellent attack and special defense stats. This is due to how goats fight eachother with their horns, and how mountain goats seemingly defy gravity.
I can also see Inkay and Malamar using at least 3 electric-type attacks due to how squids create the lights on their bodies to communicate with one another.
And here's a few minor details I've noticed.
Fletchling and Talonflame resemble the Hunger Games film logo, and may be a nod towards Robin Hood (arrows and birds, and with HG logo, the bird, arrow, fire, and head). Dedenne also is holding it's tail similar to how mice are thought to hold wires as they chew through them.

"-exp.share can be activated to share exp with ALL Pokémon in the team"

I at least hope this is true, in the sense i'm assuming this means. Meaning;

"Exp. Share will be normal, sharing only with the holder, but can be 'activated' to Exp. All which shares with everything in your party"

I would love this ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back