XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

Here it is:
Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French.
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ) (CONFIRMED)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee. (CONFIRMED)
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

Do you mean the list of copyrighted names, or the list of the whole dex with only numbers and descriptions? If the latter, it's fake. If the former, go back a page or two.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Blob55 said:
So is it confirmed that you have to get all 45 mega stones through DLC? That's so stupid!

Also, more than 30 new moves? Don't most gens add about 100 new moves?

It doesnt say have to get them ALL from DLC. It only says there's Mega Stones through DLC. Doesn't say ONLY DLC.

it could also be that dlc megastones would be alternative means of getting difficult stones; ones that might otherwise be stuck behind long post-game battle streaks or similar

I don't know if you guys have heard but:

Special Programme to air in Japan on Sept 23rd at 8am focusing on Origin, the XY games & the XY anime.

Hopefully maybe we will get more info.

It's actually tomorrow.
Pokemon Official Twitter said:
Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you! Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

On the announcement it sounded like it was a seperate thing then what's happening tommorrow.

Blob55 said:
So is it confirmed that you have to get all 45 mega stones through DLC? That's so stupid!

Also, more than 30 new moves? Don't most gens add about 100 new moves?

That was never confirmed.

Not even once did Game Freak say that Mega Stones would be DLC; Blazikenite and Torchic are just an event giveaway.

In fact, Game Freak stated that you will find most of the Mega Stones throughout the games, meaning they might save some for more free events, but that's it.

Element said:
On the announcement it sounded like it was a seperate thing then what's happening tommorrow.

Oh.
What's your source?
The announcement for tomorrow is the only thing that the Official Pokemon Twitter listed.

I would like to remind everyone that mentioning other fansites is against the rules unless they have information that hasn't been officially revealed and that PokeBeach hasn't reported. Announcements reported on official sites should only be listed as coming from official sites. This will generally only apply to news leaks, like early Corocoro scans.
Element said:
Sorry newbie here. What's DLC?

DLC = Downloadable Content. Additional stuff for a game that gets released some time after the game itself. Sometimes it's free, but in many cases, it costs money.

What if that woman with red hair and the white lab coat is the leader/ co-leader of Team Flare? That would be likely to me as Xerosic will probably have a counterpart with a name that begins with "Y."

Genius715 said:
What if that woman with red hair and the white lab coat is the leader/ co-leader of Team Flare? That would be likely to me as Xerosic will probably have a counterpart with a name that begins with "Y."

This actually seems plausible. Though I'm not sure if it's her or not, the counterpart sounds good. Although there haven't really been two ultimate leaders since Hoenn, and they were on different teams.

I'm guessing that website will be the announcement. Pokemon usually uses key words like "big" or "important" to emphasize the "big" and "important" stuff :p. You never know, though. Pokemon has surprised us before.

I'm thinking that she's not the leader/co-leader of Team Flare, I mean, all 4 of them are easily something like the commanders in Team Galactic or the executives in Team Rocket, to top it all, she doesn't even have red hair, her hair is orange actually, besides if that leader theory was correct I think her dress would be a LOT more extravagant than the one that the scientist with blue hair has, which is exactly the same as the one the orange haired one has.

Galaco. said:
I'm thinking that she's not the leader/co-leader of Team Flare, I mean, all 4 of them are easily something like the commanders in Team Galactic or the executives in Team Rocket, to top it all, she doesn't even have red hair, her hair is orange actually, besides if that leader theory was correct I think her dress would be a LOT more extravagant than the one that the scientist with blue hair has, which is exactly the same as the one the orange haired one has.

I wasn't talking about Aliana, I was talking about the woman in the pre-release picture. The different design, hair color, and the fact that she is prominently wearing a color that no others wear, makes me believe she may be the leader/ co-leader.

sept_p17_03_zu1ve.jpg

Genius715 said:
Galaco. said:

I wasn't talking about Aliana, I was talking about the woman in the pre-release picture. The different design, hair color, and the fact that she is prominently wearing a color that no others wear, makes me believe she may be the leader/ co-leader.

sept_p17_03_zu1ve.jpg

I agree with Genius. She is like the Colress/Charon of this Gen.It just makes more sense. Three commanders, one sub-leader and one XEROSIC!(The Boss)

Well all of this talk about that labcoat lady makes me remember we haven't had an evil team's leader be female yet. What if Xerosic was the team's leader in X and she was the leader in Y? That could be interesting. Highly unlikely at this point, but interesting.

SuperDuper said:
Well all of this talk about that labcoat lady makes me remember we haven't had an evil team's leader be female yet. What if Xerosic was the team's leader in X and she was the leader in Y? That could be interesting. Highly unlikely at this point, but interesting.

~Technically~, Team Rocket is known to have had a female leader, Madame Boss. The only place I know of that she's been referenced is a CD drama for the first movie, though... A female leader in a main-series game would be really cool. From what we've seen, most of the executives are female so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for a female leader as well.
Xerosic really doesn't look like an organization boss to me. More like a high-level grunt, like Team Aqua's admin Matt.

halfrican said:
The big announcement is in 17 minutes! Hold onto your butts!

Yeah I'm waiting on it now. If you look at the gottacatchemall.com site now it has a big Pokeball with a timer set to an hour from now. The site now says pokemon.promo.eprize.com... hmm.

Its up now! And I figured out that the code for the site is xy1012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back