XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

FloodBadge said:
Ririka said:
At the second thought, Sylveon might be the only Eeveelution we'll get in this generation. Looking at the special treatment Sylveon got, including the special pack of TCG for it, it would be weird if suddenly the second Eeveelution come and didn't get any treatment.

Still hoping for one though..:(

Didn't Umbreon get the same exact thing before Espeon was revealed? And Umbreon got it because new type?

My thoughts exactly.
They're just hyping up Fairy type.
They don't want to take the focus off of it before the game.

'Least, that's the way I see it.

Umbreon and Espeon were released alongside each other. There's just one eeveelution this time, and it's probably the last as well.

[split] Rumors & Speculation

Since the original topic is locked, I'll just post this here: According to the leak Dunsparce will get fairy typing. Why? Okay, it has tiny wings but it is also a snake. It would make sense if Dunsparce also got ground type because of its drill and landsnake title. Dunsparce would get its chanche against other paraflinchers.

Did any of you check the new trailer from Tokyo TV , we can see Clemont using Bunnelby and Viola using Spewpa.
Does it mean that Clemont uses various types, not the single type (Electric/Steel only) as most of us were suspecting ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPulIQYTv4 at 1:00 min

PKash said:
Did any of you check the new trailer from Tokyo TV , we can see Clemont using Bunnelby and Viola using Sewlpa.
Is it mean that Clemont uses various types, not the single type (Electric/Steel only) as most of us were suspecting ?

Doesn't really mean anything, if you ask me. Clemont is supposed to be Ash's travelling partner. We see he (likely) has a Dedenne (Electric/Fairy) and a Bunnelby. Cilan was supposed to be a grass type gym leader but he had Stunfisk and Crustle, too. Iris was supposed to be a dragon master, and the only dragon pokemon was Dragonite, which she caught later in the BW series. Misty didn't only have water types and Brock didn't only have rock types. So if they are his travelling companion, their gym types don't seem to really matter.

Also, Spewpa and Vivillon are bug types, which is supposed to be Viola's typing. So that fits.

But the fighting looks really nicely done in that trailer. I hope it stays that way throughout the anime.

Hedgie said:
Since the original topic is locked, I'll just post this here: According to the leak Dunsparce will get fairy typing. Why? Okay, it has tiny wings but it is also a snake. It would make sense if Dunsparce also got ground type because of its drill and landsnake title. Dunsparce would get its chanche against other paraflinchers.

Dunsparce is based on a mythical creature, the tsuchinoko. It also has the seemingly-unfitting Serene Grace ability, something that would make more sense if it had an additional Fairy typing.

SuperDuper said:
PKash said:
Did any of you check the new trailer from Tokyo TV , we can see Clemont using Bunnelby and Viola using Sewlpa.
Is it mean that Clemont uses various types, not the single type (Electric/Steel only) as most of us were suspecting ?

Doesn't really mean anything, if you ask me. Clemont is supposed to be Ash's travelling partner. We see he (likely) has a Dedenne (Electric/Fairy) and a Bunnelby. Cilan was supposed to be a grass type gym leader but he had Stunfisk and Crustle, too. Iris was supposed to be a dragon master, and the only dragon pokemon was Dragonite, which she caught later in the BW series. Misty didn't only have water types and Brock didn't only have rock types. So if they are his travelling companion, their gym types don't seem to really matter.

Also, Spewpa and Vivillon are bug types, which is supposed to be Viola's typing. So that fits.

But the fighting looks really nicely done in that trailer. I hope it stays that way throughout the anime.

But in the anime also, didn't Brock used Geodude and Onix during Gym battle and similarly Misty used Starme and Goldeen which corresponds to rock and water types recpectively. Same goes with Cilian who used only grass type. Even though they had different types, they used only the designated types for gym battle.

Iris had Axew also which is dragon type and she was not a gym leader in anime.

PKash said:
But in the anime also, didn't Brock used Geodude and Onix during Gym battle and similarly Misty used Starme and Goldeen which corresponds to rock and water types recpectively. Same goes with Cilian who used only grass type. Even though they had different types, they used only the designated types for gym battle.

That's a good point, it's quite interesting how Clemont uses Bunnelby in a gym battle against Ash. Unless Bunnelby is his loyal partner (who usually doesn't have to be a fixed type, but could also be used in battle), we can speculate another way that Clemont is actually a Normal or a Ground gym leader.

Aside from that, i'm quite suspicious of this Diantha character. Wouldn't be so surprised if it turns out that she's actually the champion in Kalos, being a super popular celeb at the same time. The way she got a key stone to mega-evolve on her necklace... suspicious.

PKash said:
SuperDuper said:

Well Whitney used a Nidorina in her gym battle with Ash, it doesn't make her a normal/poison type gym leader. And Candice used a Medicham, which is fighting and psychic, against Ash. Gym leaders sometimes use pokemon of other types in official battles.

Ririka said:
Aside from that, i'm quite suspicious of this Diantha character. Wouldn't be so surprised if it turns out that she's actually the champion in Kalos, being a super popular celeb at the same time. The way she got a key stone to mega-evolve on her necklace... suspicious.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Rather than her being the champion though, I believe she might be the head of Team Flare.

There is something... off-looking about her eyes and facial expression in my opinion.
Her being an actress means she would be an ideal character for a double-cross, and it's obvious she has a keen eye for "beauty", Team Flare's main goal. The Mega Stone around her neck is an obvious sign she's going to be a powerful trainer.

Xerosic is far too obvious to be the main villain, he just reeks of "mad scientist", what would be better than finding out an ally you made earlier in the adventure is actually the mastermind of the entire plot?

Plus, we are overdue for a main female villain in my opinion.

Ririka said:
At the second thought, Sylveon might be the only Eeveelution we'll get in this generation. Looking at the special treatment Sylveon got, including the special pack of TCG for it, it would be weird if suddenly the second Eeveelution come and didn't get any treatment.

FloodBadge said:
Ririka said:

Didn't Umbreon get the same exact thing before Espeon was revealed? And Umbreon got it because new type?

I'm really hoping on a second eeveelution this gen as well, and that Sylveon won't be the last one ever. But I hate to admit it, it's looking less and less possible that we'll be getting another. :( I was too young to pay attention to Pokemon releases back when second gen came out, and I'm hearing mixed things when it comes to Umbreon and Espeon being released side by side or with Umbreon being showcased first. Either way though, Umbreon did receive the new typing and the most hype out of the two...

Zielo said:
Ririka said:

FloodBadge said:

I'm really hoping on a second eeveelution this gen as well, and that Sylveon won't be the last one ever. But I hate to admit it, it's looking less and less possible that we'll be getting another. :( I was too young to pay attention to Pokemon releases back when second gen came out, and I'm hearing mixed things when it comes to Umbreon and Espeon being released side by side or with Umbreon being showcased first. Either way though, Umbreon did receive the new typing and the most hype out of the two...

Which is exactly why they'd show it off first!
People love Eevee and how it's evolutions are so different and are almost like embodiments of the type. New type = great chance to add another Eeveelution, so let's display this mysterious Eeveelution and not reveal the type. Create some hype. Then we reveal the type and let people discover there's another Eeveelution that's just as available as the other.
This could also be why Leafeon and Glaceon weren't revealed, and were discovered in-game post-release.

Zielo said:

I recall seeing them both at once the first time.

Is it really disappointing if they stop, though? There are so many other pokemon with room for new evolutions, and infinite possibilities for entirely new pokemon lines. Aren't there enough Eeveelutions? They all kind of look awfully alike anyway :p

Apparently, according to a reviewer, the recent rumours posted here are fake. except for 3 of the rumours which are "50% true"

Saying "I think this is the last evolution we're getting for eevee" is kinda idiotic tbh, I mean most people love eeveelutions, why stop? Nobody would've thought Charizard (one of the most popular pokemon) would ever get an evolution (well, mega-evolution, but you get the point) and it still did. It makes money and sells, why would they stop?

Razmos said:
Apparently, according to a reviewer, the recent rumours posted here are fake. except for 3 of the rumours which are "50% true"

Where'd you read that?

CMP said:
Razmos said:

Where'd you read that?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b1eccc1cdd3d5b5438ce7ecc885756d4/tumblr_mtt6gbFz2z1r8sc3ro1_1280.png there are screencaps here but they mention rival sites. just a heads up before the Competition Police do a thread raid with edit gas.

Rumored second signature move used by Yveltal at 0:11.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeVqnFjxRHA[/video]

TokenDuelist said:
CMP said:
Where'd you read that?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b1eccc1cdd3d5b5438ce7ecc885756d4/tumblr_mtt6gbFz2z1r8sc3ro1_1280.png there are screencaps here but they mention rival sites. just a heads up before the Competition Police do a thread raid with edit gas.
You know we don't allow direct links to competitors, but since this is a screenshot and is relevant to the discussion I'll allow it.

It looks interesting, but we can't be a 100% sure that this person speaks the truth either. We'll have to wait and see for which rumour to be true!

It's like WPM said:

Again, please treat all of this with caution - even though we've been shown evidence to back up some of the information, we could still be falling for an elaborate trick. Time will tell!

I'm just gonna sit here and speculate something new...
What if with furfrou's fur, you get to place the shapes and stuff on it. Like, let's say you got a female Furfrou you named Hotbuns and you wanna give her those heart shapes on her thighs. I think it would be cool if you could choose that shape and then choose where you want to place it, color, and size. Maybe even the same for the size of the white fur? I mean, read what they said:
The more it is groomed, the more styles may become available, some of which are being shown for the first time today.
They never said that it's all one package that can't be changed, after all. I mean, didn't we think before that that was how Trainer Customization was going to work, where everything was all together instead of individual?

...Now talking about Furfrou, I'm starting to hope it has an X shape, and a swirl/spiral shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back