XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

Tyrible said:
Godot said:
That's it. I'm off the forums until I have the games 2 weeks from now. My poor heartstrings can't handle all of this. lol

Hey I feel you, I cant handle this emotional roller coaster either.

I would like to see the evidence to prove what you just stated. Like a link to photoshop files or something that prove what you said credible. not to be rude ,but this situation has happened before ,and the person said it was fake and turned out to be true.

Tyrible said:
ArmyOfOneIX said:
the pics are from two different sources

That is a good point. But I suppose the question is whether or not its just one person pretending to be two sources.
One of the sources started the game with froakie and the other with chespin. Plus the source with froakie had posted their stuff a while ago and it had been circling. The source with chespin posted their stuff for the first time ever on pokebeach.

Tyrible said:
ArmyOfOneIX said:
the pics are from two different sources

That is a good point. But I suppose the question is whether or not its just one person pretending to be two sources.

but couldn't WPM just find out both of their IP# to find out if they are the same source or 2 different people?

Plus the speech patterns doesn't match.

Ghost King said:
Tyrible said:
Hey I feel you, I cant handle this emotional roller coaster either.

I would like to see the evidence to prove what you just stated. Like a link to photoshop files or something that prove what you said credible. not to be rude ,but this situation has happened before ,and the person said it was fake and turned out to be true.

Id post a link but I don't know if that counts as advertising. But I'm not taking it seriously till the person who posted that saying he faked it, proves himself to be the original. And lol I understand you being skeptical, there's a lot of fakes going around, I'm pretty unbelieving of anything at this point.

I really hope Greninja is Water/Flying 8D
(We've seen it use Acrobatics, Bounce and Aerial Ace too)

We haven't seen Flying since Charizard, and not many times on something that doesn't have wings to use Flying-type techniques. Would make it feel very fresh even though we've seen the combo several times (Gyarados/Mantine/Pelipper/Swanna).

Ghost King said:
Tyrible said:

but couldn't WPM just find out both of their IP# to find out if they are the same source or 2 different people?

Plus the speech patterns doesn't match.

Let me reiterate this:
The person who posted the first 3 photos and set of info DID NOT OWN THEM. They found them on the internet and simply posted it in the thread. The second person DID own them and posted it for the first time here. The second person is from Italy. But we have no idea who the owner of the first set of photos and info is and I'm pretty sure don't have any way of tracking them since they were never on this forum.

Mitja said:

We haven't seen Flying since Charizard, and not many times on something that doesn't have wings to use Flying-type techniques. Would make it feel very fresh even though we've seen the combo several times (Gyarados/Mantine/Pelipper/Swanna).

The typings for the starters were confirmed and confirmed real quite a while ago.

Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Grass/Dark.

Tyrible said:
Ghost King said:

Id post a link but I don't know if that counts as advertising. But I'm not taking it seriously till the person who posted that saying he faked it, proves himself to be the original. And lol I understand you being skeptical, there's a lot of fakes going around, I'm pretty unbelieving of anything at this point.
If you're worried the information you have might conflict with the advertising rule, feel free to contact a moderator with the relevant information.

Anthony Quintessenza said:
Mitja said:

The typings for the starters were confirmed and confirmed real quite a while ago.

They were only leaked never confirmed

Mitja said:

They haven't been officially confirmed, but they are very likely.

The more I look at the pictures the more I feel that some look off, and possibly fake, and some defiantly real. Like the one with the trainer at the Stonehengey place that we can see on the map of Kalos. That would be hard to fake and it seems in sync with trailers, but I feel like the coral Pokemon one with two heads is still very sketching because it doesn't seem to fit how Pokemon designs generally look, and the other two I honestly cannot make heads or tails of.

@Drohn Okay, thanks, I will in the future.

scattered mind said:

The same guy who leaked the typings also leaked Inkay and Malimar's names, typing, and reversal effects before any of us even knew what they were. He also leaked Pangoro's name/typing, getting the Kanto starters from the professor, etc.

AKA he leaked things that no one even had an inkling of knowledge of at the time. So if you're telling me he somehow guessed that there was a squid pokemon named Inkay who evolves into Malimar and is Dark/Psychic, then sure, MAYBE he's wrong about the starters.

But he's not. It's fact.

scattered mind said:

The same guy who leaked the typings also leaked Inkay and Malimar's names, typing, and reversal effects before any of us even knew what they were. He also leaked Pangoro's name/typing, getting the Kanto starters from the professor, etc.

AKA he leaked things that no one even had an inkling of knowledge of at the time. So if you're telling me he somehow guessed that there was a squid pokemon named Inkay who evolves into Malimar and is Dark/Psychic, then sure, MAYBE he's wrong about the starters.

But he's not. It's fact.
He also said he got confused on things multiple times and that he may have added some stuff to throw people off.

People, why does Extrasensory have 20 PP in Greninja's pic? That move has 10 PP, doesn't it?

scattered mind said:

But he's not. It's fact.
I know what you mean, but officially its not fact. Until it is confirmed its not facts, just rumors. Plus didn't he get some of the information mixed up a little?

Edit: Wow people post quickly now :p

MalaMarty said:
nightkeeper said:
We're allowed to give our opinion here. Not to mention this is a speculation thread, so speculating on whether Greninja is real or fake is perfectly fine.

A lot of people are just expecting the 3rd evolution to go in a different direction, especially since Frogadier is one of the better 2nd stage starters.

There are opinions, and there are preferences. Again, it's subjective. It's not wrong, it's different. The 2nd stages only prove that more - People nit-picked those to death (irrationally, I might add) and those are evidently real. Greninja looks authentic, whether you like him or not is down to preference, and, again, it's pretty irrelevant as far as judging the validity of it. Quilladin exists, people don't like it. People are critical of the starter-evo's, everyone believes their expectations mean more than others, and Gamefreak can't appease millions of expectations all at once.

I'm not about to be convinced that there are "WRONGS" of design. Pokemon are not sofa's, or cars. Each have their own attributes, and something to offer. Doesn't appeal to you? Fine, that's preference. But a lot of people use "it's my opinion" as a crutch in an attempt to validate an irrationalized hatred for something they've dismissed undeservedly.

Sigh. Let me have one last chance to convey what it is I am trying to say.

The 2nd stages are released by GameFreak in a CoroCoro magazine. They were 1000% the official evolutions. People expressing whether they liked them or not was irrelevant to whether or not they were real.

This "Greninja", however, randomly appeared on the internet. Its authenticity is your opinion. There is no in-game shot, as was provided with other Pokemon. Only one shot at the screen that the Pokemon's movepool could be viewed. It was also a drastic change in design from Frogadier, which I understand has occurred with other starters, but still.

While yes, it does have something to do whether we "prefer" it or not, that is not my point. My point is that there is no evidence aside from one picture. It is not 100% set in stone that this is a real Pokemon, so me and fellow Froakie lovers can question its validity. While I dislike its design completely, I simply think that it is not what GameFreak has planned with Froakie's final evolution, therefore I am SPECULATING that it I fake.

scattered mind said:

But he's not. It's fact.

It will be confirmed but it is a FACT that it not officially confirmed.

Regardless of how likely it is, it still isn't confirmed, and therefore shouldn't be passed off as fact.

Seeyo said:
People, why does Extrasensory have 20 PP in Greninja's pic? That move has 10 PP, doesn't it?

In fifth gen it has 30 pp before pp ups.

What I find funny is that this guy has a possibly Water/Fighting 2nd stage evolution at level 66, and it doesn't know any Fighting moves, and knows a Psychic move though. Take it as you may, but i think I smell fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back