XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation, and Potential Spoilers

New poster here. All I really want is for it to be confirmed that the new pokemon list is around or over a 100. If it's been confirmed and I missed it then oops my bad.

There are various rumours going on, which you can read about in this thread. The amount of new Pokémon is not officially confirmed. I read rumours stating there will be around 70 and that there will be around 100 new Pokémon.

Drohn said:
There are various rumours going on, which you can read about in this thread. The amount of new Pokémon is not officially confirmed. I read rumours stating there will be around 70 and that there will be around 100 new Pokémon.

Thank you. I went through the last few pages but a 100 is a lot to go through when a large part of it will be repetition and arguments.

To stay on topic I'll add my thoughts on what I've seen.

An ice wolf pokemon would be awesome. I'd nickname is grey because the grey was an awesome movie. I don't see that being froakies final form. I go with the group that's pretty sure its fake. That being said if that really is it than I am pretty okay with that.

Ah, this brings back memories so much regarding Greninja. Remember what happened back in B/W when the Unova Final Forms were leaked, and apparently so many evidence existed to confirm them fake? Remember what happened? THEY WERE LEGIT. I expect to be taking names and apologies yet again before claiming my Greninja on the 12th, since Froakie is my planned starter and the very first thing I intend to do is evolve it to final form to end this dispute before it truly begins.

Razmos said:
More rumours:
- There are over 100 Pokemon, I won't go into the exact number but it is more than 100 and a less then the 156 Pokemon of the previous games 'Pokemon Black and Pokemon White'
It's a good substantial amount of Pokemon that I'm highly sure that everyone will be happy with.
I won't reveal the names of these Pokemon in case I get in trouble so I'll just describe them!

- There are a lot of unique typing's that haven't been seen before! the best in my opinion being a Electric/Fire type!

- The Starters final evolved forms are of that, that has been rumored, Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.

- Chespin's final evolution - Grass/Dark is very round and spiky, lots of spikes all over it's body, its spikes are a sort of armor and it also holds a giant spike like a sword.

- Fennekin's final evolution - Fire/Psychic is very majestic looking, it now holds the stick it use to have as a Braixen and the flame on it is a lot bigger, it's tail is longer and more sleek, it's ears are very pointy and the fur in it's ears is longer with puffs at the end of it, it's fur is longer too, almost looking like a dress/gown of sorts.

- Froakie's final evolution - Water/Fighting is a lot more sleek and looks fast! it's almost completely dark blue and has black coloured spots on it's face, it has some white markings still but not many, the bubbles around it's neck is also longer.

- Swirlix can be found after the first gym it evolves into a pure Fairy Type, it looks more like a dog now and has a bigger tongue and drool dripping from it's mouth, it's paws/ears are larger and it has a swirl of 'fur' on it's had now and it's tail looks like a lollypop.

- Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Dark type, it looks like a cross between a Flamingo and a human, it's quiet creepy actually...it has wings like Lugia's as in they're not shaped like wings but more like arms, it's beak is bigger with a black marking on the tip of it, it's eyes are more evil looking too. It has White feathers for a tail. It's now a dull Pink colour.

- A new Wolf Pokemon that is Ice/Normal type, it's soooooooooo cute! it's a little puppy with white fur and big bight blue eyes, it has 2 black marks on it's back and 2 black spots above it's eyes and a little black puffy tail, it evolves into a Ice/Dark type Wolf, much larger and more menacing, it still has it's bright blue eyes, it has dark gray fur and 2 white spots above it's eyes now, it's 2 black marks on it's back become spikes of fur with white tips, it's tail is bigger with a white tip also, it has 2 long fangs sticking out of it's mouth also.

- A new Fire/Rock type that looks like a little walking Volcano, has a similar appearance to Snorunt as in body shape, it evolves twice.

- A new Moth Pokemon, it's a Bug/Psychic type, it's little and cute, it has a white body with long yellow antennas and black wings with a yellow crescent on each wing, it evolves.

- You get given a Pokemon Egg from the daycare upon arriving, the man says that a trainer left their Pokemon there and when he came back he didn't want the Pokemon egg so you take it. It hatches into one of any of the pre-evolved Pokemon (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Happiny, Togepi, Whynaut, Munchlax etc...)

- There are a total of 11 Legendary Pokemon.

3 Game Mascots, 5 Side Legend, 2 Event Legends and 1 Pixie Legend.

- The 3 Main Mascots have to do with Life/Peace and Death/Destruction and the 3rd being responsible for keeping things moving forward in the world (I'm not sure how to word that but things like beginning's and endings I think?).

- The 5 Side Legends have their own legend, 4 of them are 'brothers' and the other one is their 'noble steed'

- The 2 Event Legends have to do with the Past and Future, the Past one accidentally falls through time to present time and the Future one has something to do with coming from the future to stop an event that will destroy the Kalos Region.

- The 1 Pixie Legend has to do with bringing luck.

- Pokemon that become Fairy type are Marill, Azumaril, Mawlie, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (All become pure Fairy type) Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss (All become Fairy/Flying minus Togepi) Dunsparce, Gardevior and the Chansey line.

- Some attacks that become Fairy Type are Sweet Kiss, Metronome, Moonlight, Swift, Charm and Wish.

- There ARE Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon, there's not as many as Generation 4 though. I won't say which Pokemon have them but there are a couple of fan favorites getting Evolutions which actually look really cool!

- All the previous generations starters get Mega-Evolutions, but a couple more Pokemon getting Mega-Evolutions are Raichu, Farfetch'd, Tauros, Dragonite, Steelix, Heracross, Miltank, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Tropius, Floatzel, Cherrim, Togekiss, Haxorus, there are a few others too.

- Not all starters mega-evolutions, mega-stones can be found in the game, this is probably to do with special giveaway events.

The Gym's types are Bug, Fairy, Electric, Fighting, Rock, Grass, Dark and Fire
The Elite Four's types are Normal, Flying, Water and Steel
The Champion uses mix types/the types left over (Ground, Poison, Ghost, Ice, Psychic, Dragon)

- 'Spike Barrage' is a Grass type attack that attacks the foe with spikes 1-5 times, it raises the users Attack and Defense but lowers it's speed.

- 'Belch' is a Poison Type attack, it causes damage and has a high chance of Poisoning the foe.

- 'Aqua Blade' is a Water Type attack, it slashes the foe with blades of water, it raises the Attack and Special of the user.

- 'Glow Punch' is a Fairy Type attack, it punches the foe with a fist of burning light, it can also cause confusion or can burn the foe.

- 'Fire Pulse' is a Fire Type attack, the user releases a blast of fire from it's body, it causes damage to all those on the field (Good for Horde battles) even the user gets damage, it however raises Attack and Special Attack of the user, it can also Burn the user and foes."

It all sounded good until he mentioned the event legendaries. How would he have seen them? afaik, we only knew about Meloetta/Keldeo/Genesect because the game was hacked.

Metronome, a Fairy-type attack? Doesn't make sense, Metronome can become any move, hence it is Normal. Just like Swift, it doesn't have much in common with fairies, Swift is mainly used by fast Pokémon. Moonlight I'm not sure about, but Morning Sun isn't Grass or Fire either..

It's a decent rumor, he didn't think the moves through though.

You know, the first thing I thought when I saw that Gen VI was going to have 3D models rather than sprites was 'Oh thank goodness, at least this time it will be harder to make really convincing fakes'

Never have I been so wrong.

Back to the subject at hand, I'm still holding out hope that an ice wolf will come to fruition. We've yet to have a real wolf pokemon, and it would certainly fit the France theme better than a Koala or Panda....

Neal White said:
Drohn said:

Thank you. I went through the last few pages but a 100 is a lot to go through when a large part of it will be repetition and arguments.

To stay on topic I'll add my thoughts on what I've seen.

An ice wolf pokemon would be awesome. I'd nickname is grey because the grey was an awesome movie. I don't see that being froakies final form. I go with the group that's pretty sure its fake. That being said if that really is it than I am pretty okay with that.

While I like the idea of an Ice wolf, its typing doesn't please me much. Ice/Normal evolving into Ice/Dark will be crushed by Fighting, just like Weavile. I'm still praying for the Electric/Dark (preferably a cheetah) Pokemon we have yet to get.

Pokequaza said:
Razmos said:
More rumours:

It all sounded good until he mentioned the event legendaries. How would he have seen them? afaik, we only knew about Meloetta/Keldeo/Genesect because the game was hacked.

Metronome, a Fairy-type attack? Doesn't make sense, Metronome can become any move, hence it is Normal. Just like Swift, it doesn't have much in common with fairies, Swift is mainly used by fast Pokémon. Moonlight I'm not sure about, but Morning Sun isn't Grass or Fire either..

It's a decent rumor, he didn't think the moves through though.

Well, that's wrong either ( in my opinion ).
Since Metronome can become every move, it should have the type "???".

Kitana Coldfire said:
You know, the first thing I thought when I saw that Gen VI was going to have 3D models rather than sprites was 'Oh thank goodness, at least this time it will be harder to make really convincing fakes'

Back to the subject at hand, I'm still holding out hope that an ice wolf will come to fruition. We've yet to have a real wolf pokemon, and it would certainly fit the France theme better than a Koala or Panda....

Well don't forget that Masuda said they didn't limit themselves to France :), I would love both the Koala and the Ice Wolf :), I also thought the same thing with the fakes and the 3D sprites.

An official magazine just released some new images of the XY anime, and one of the pages seems to confirm the existence of a second, female professor:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

Could this be the mysterious Professor (Patrice) Sequoia?

Kitana Coldfire said:
An official magazine just released some new images of the XY anime, and one of the pages seems to confirm the existence of a second, female professor:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised.

Where's the information that the leaker posted about this? I know I heard it somewhere...

SavvyJackal said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised.

Where's the information that the leaker posted about this? I know I heard it somewhere...

We've had lots of information suggesting a second professor. First, the original leaker said the professor's name was Patrice, which was thought to be either fake info to throw off Nintendo or something changed later in development.

Then, an article came out that mentioned a professor Sequoia. Along the way we've gotten various bits of information suggesting a second female professor, leading me to believe that her name is Patrice Sequoia (Patrice is a unisex name, after all).

It also ties into the notion that Professor Sequoia is the actual regional professor who traditionally hands out starters (as suggested by Serena seemingly picking a starter in her presence), whereas Sycamore is studying Mega Evolution specifically.

RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

Pokequaza said:
palkia07 said:
- The leaker could have had pictures already made when it started do post.
- The second leak of Hawlucha may have been organised.
- You really undervalue fake ability.
- Nothing is true until confimation.

Again, they both didn't post random pictures, people requested specific pictures. They cannot be photoshopped, unless they had 1000's of possible pictures to answer any question with. Which also proves the second leak wasn't organised, it were real time posts.

I'm a little confused, how did people request specific pictures? Did people just ask "Show us a new Flying type"? I'm not doubting them, I'd just like to understand how they were requested in greater detail.

Kitana Coldfire said:

But it has gotten harder, there's no doubt about that. Of course, that doesn't stop "leakers" from blurring the bejesus out of their "screenshots" to hide the inaccuracy.

The only legitimate looking leaks/fakes I've seen have been Somnignon, and both Hawlucha and Greninja. It's certainly harder, because I've found very few convincing fakes.

tumblr_mtxgtefBKU1sefv1io1_500.png

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but this is the Italian reviewer who leaked the PokeCentre pictures. They claim that Greninja is real.

MachoCheeze said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but this is the Italian reviewer who leaked the PokeCentre pictures. They claim that Greninja is real.

It's peculiar that they used the same picture that has been spread around. (Just that they have their watermark on the bottom left corner)

Kitana Coldfire said:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

Do you know what the floating yellow thing is on the picture with Dedenne and Furfrou?

MachoCheeze said:

Are you sure they're Italian?

http://gyazo.com/5c2b3f3e8629db3b06f233f3eda376fa

Zwzchow said:
MachoCheeze said:

It's peculiar that they used the same picture that has been spread around. (Just that they have their watermark on the bottom left corner)
Why is that peculiar? From the looks of it, whoever that blacked out person is sent her the picture we've all been looking at, and she confirmed it is a real pokemon. I don't think that picture is meant to imply that our original photo leaker uploaded greninja. Someone just asked her to confirm or deny.
EDIT: Also, I don't think that is the original leaker anyways. She's japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back