XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation, and Potential Spoilers

steffenka said:
Kitana Coldfire said:
An official magazine just released some new images of the XY anime, and one of the pages seems to confirm the existence of a second, female professor:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

Could this be the mysterious Professor (Patrice) Sequoia?

Do you know what the floating yellow thing is on the picture with Dedenne and Furfrou?
They look like Skipbloom to me.

steffenka said:
Kitana Coldfire said:
An official magazine just released some new images of the XY anime, and one of the pages seems to confirm the existence of a second, female professor:

www.dotup.org4541442.jpg

Could this be the mysterious Professor (Patrice) Sequoia?

Do you know what the floating yellow thing is on the picture with Dedenne and Furfrou?

If you're talking about the green and yellow things in the air above the fountain, I'm fairly sure those are Skiploom.

halfrican said:
Zwzchow said:
It's peculiar that they used the same picture that has been spread around. (Just that they have their watermark on the bottom left corner)
Why is that peculiar? From the looks of it, whoever that blacked out person is sent her the picture we've all been looking at, and she confirmed it is a real pokemon. I don't think that picture is meant to imply that our original photo leaker uploaded greninja. Someone just asked her to confirm or deny.
EDIT: Also, I don't think that is the original leaker anyways. She's japanese.
She?

http://gyazo.com/1a59ca25b01d6a47d65a582e69552e42

SavvyJackal said:
halfrican said:
Why is that peculiar? From the looks of it, whoever that blacked out person is sent her the picture we've all been looking at, and she confirmed it is a real pokemon. I don't think that picture is meant to imply that our original photo leaker uploaded greninja. Someone just asked her to confirm or deny.
EDIT: Also, I don't think that is the original leaker anyways. She's japanese.
She?

http://gyazo.com/1a59ca25b01d6a47d65a582e69552e42
Yep, you're right. My mistake. I assumed 'she' because someone was claiming he was the she that uploaded the pokemon center pics. I didn't bother to go to his profile until after I replied. This is definitely not the Italian reviewer.

MalaMarty said:
Pokequaza said:
Again, they both didn't post random pictures, people requested specific pictures. They cannot be photoshopped, unless they had 1000's of possible pictures to answer any question with. Which also proves the second leak wasn't organised, it were real time posts.

I'm a little confused, how did people request specific pictures? Did people just ask "Show us a new Flying type"? I'm not doubting them, I'd just like to understand how they were requested in greater detail.

We questioned the authenticity of Hawlucha, since it was of terrible quality. A random person showed up, he claimed he had a review copy and said that Hawlucha was real, end even gave us its typing, height, and weight. Of course, it seemed just another random person with fake rumors, I asked him for proof, a picture of Hawlucha especially, and he gave us one, a very clear image I must say. We asked for overworld pictures, since it's nearly impossible to copy those, and we got one. A battle between his Quilladin and Emolga indeed confirmed his Quilladin was level 33 and about to evolve. In the end people asked for another new Pokémon, and he gave us the Rock/Water Binacle (I guess it was the first unreleased thing that showed up in his Pokedex, as it was #021).

I wasn't personally involved with the 4chan posts, but it happened in a same way. Person claimed he had a review copy, and gave us information about his party, for proof he showed the first picture of Hawlucha. People demanded another summary screenshot, he gave us the picture of Hawlucha with its attacks shown. Greninja was requested, and he gave us another picture of the summary of Greninja.

I agree they could have set up their first picture, but was impossible to create these specific pictures, especially the overworld and battle picture. So in a short story, the leakers leaked a little information, they were asked for proof, and they responded with pictures.

Its peculiar in the sense that if she is a reviewer, she would have her own piece of evidence and not take something off the net

EDIT: "He"

Pokequaza said:
We questioned the authenticity of Hawlucha, since it was of terrible quality. A random person showed up, he claimed he had a review copy and said that Hawlucha was real, end even gave us its typing, height, and weight. Of course, it seemed just another random person with fake rumors, I asked him for proof, a picture of Hawlucha especially, and he gave us one, a very clear image I must say. We asked for overworld pictures, since it's nearly impossible to copy those, and we got one. A battle between his Quilladin and Emolga indeed confirmed his Quilladin was level 33 and about to evolve. In the end people asked for another new Pokémon, and he gave us the Rock/Water Binacle (I guess it was the first unreleased thing that showed up in his Pokedex, as it was #021).

I wasn't personally involved with the 4chan posts, but it happened in a same way. Person claimed he had a review copy, and gave us information about his party, for proof he showed the first picture of Hawlucha. People demanded another summary screenshot, he gave us the picture of Hawlucha with its attacks shown. Greninja was requested, and he gave us another picture of the summary of Greninja.

I agree they could have set up their first picture, but was impossible to create these specific pictures, especially the overworld and battle picture. So in a short story, the leakers leaked a little information, they were asked for proof, and they responded with pictures.

But were specific pokmemon (after Hawlucha) requested by name? The whole thing could have been planned or they could have had friends responding in the comments trying to add to legitimacy The overworld image and the battle with Quillidan and Emolga I like to think are real since there would be no need to fake those. .

Pokequaza said:
MalaMarty said:

The PB leaker offered biancle (through text first then through pics he could have that one prefabricated) and had said that howlucha was real before he showed it. (He offered info that he knew he had pics to back up when people shouted for pics). He also offered the info that he chose chespin (he said i didnt pick the froggy or the fox)he must have know people would have asked for pics he had a long list of leaks before pics. The only thing he couldn't have made was the over world. Which could have been grabbed at a demo like was said. Leakers can make you ask for what they have.

Axell Starr said:
Pokequaza said:

But were specific pokmemon (after Hawlucha) requested by name? The whole thing could have been planned or they could have had friends responding in the comments trying to add to legitimacy The overworld image and the battle with Quillidan and Emolga I like to think are real since there would be no need to fake those. .
I am confused by what you mean with requested by name? if you mean ask for new pokemon by name, how will we know what they are called. I also have to say that as fast as the post were flying up on the thread, he answered the first person that posted the question :), unless you are suggesting that they had already set up a post and right when the leaker sent his post, the friends sent their messages right after :p

I actually want greninja to be true I like it :) it just seems that any questions that were ask he proved them with pictures, he could not possibly known the questions before hand, and the only question he did not answer was a quillidan evolution pic, because it hasn't evolved yet ;)

Axell Starr said:
Pokequaza said:

Greninja was asked for, but he hadn't seen one yet, and he had chosen Chespin as his starter. Binacle was an unknown Pokémon, so it was impossible to ask for it. He just gave us one, because another unknown Pokémon was requested.

Most of them were known Beach members, I don't think there was any setup. Also, he didn't answer just one person, it were all random people. I asked him for the first picture, and if I turn out to be part of his setup, I would be quite surprised.

edit: I don't know, but if you're interested, he appeared yesterday at 04:17 PM, didn't start posting pictures until 04:57 PM, last thing he said was at 05:14 PM, and around 05:37 PM he returned to say it was all ''fake''. The actual interesting conversation happened in just 17 mere minutes.

I guess the only way to prove this is real by speed of response is that if someone had said. Show me a fletchling (or w/e) then he produced it immediately. Or something like that.

So tomorrow there is going to be a Nintendo Direct at 10 EST, I mean they're probably going to mention X and Y, but I really doubt that we'll get anything huge out of it. Maybe they'll finally reveal Orrotto.

Ghost King said:
I am confused by what you mean with requested by name? if you mean ask for new pokemon by name, how will we know what they are called. I also have to say that as fast as the post were flying up on the thread, he answered the first person that posted the question :), unless you are suggesting that they had already set up a post and right when the leaker sent his post, the friends sent their messages right after :p

I actually want greninja to be true I like it :) it just seems that any questions that were ask he proved them with pictures, he could not possibly known the questions before hand, and the only question he did not answer was a quillidan evolution pic, because it hasn't evolved yet ;)

I mean as in instead of "Show us a pokemon!", have it be like "Show us the Zubat of this region!" or "Show us a fairy type that hasn't been revealed yet and it's evolution(s)!" Maybe one like "Show us the early bird or the early route bug." of the game. Basically be a little more specific if applicable, or something like asking to see what that little grey pokemon in that one trailer.

Edit: And yes, you got what i mean right.

Featherwick said:
So tomorrow there is going to be a Nintendo Direct at 10 EST, I mean they're probably going to mention X and Y, but I really doubt that we'll get anything huge out of it. Maybe they'll finally reveal Orrotto.

I'm sure they won't but I wish they would announce the final stage of the starters, just to end this madness.

Galaco. said:
Featherwick said:

I'm sure they won't but I wish they would announce the final stage of the starters, just to end this madness.

I'm sure we'll see something X&Y related. I mean I'm not expecting any huge huge news but I don't know... Don't feel like they should stop promoting it until it's actually out and on us. Leaving us with nothing but Doublade would leave a bit of a sour taste leading up to launch XD

I may have brought this up before but still couldn't find a confirmation yet; do minor gender differences (for example the tail shape of female Pikachu) show on the 3D models? Can anyone confirm this?

Galaco. said:
Featherwick said:

While that would be a relief, I doubt we'll see the starters until the game is released. :/

Hopefully we get some random revelation. They won't give us anything that we're praying for, but I can see them whipping out some random new Pokemon just to keep the insanity to a dull roar.

Baktwerel said:
I may have brought this up before but still couldn't find a confirmation yet; do minor gender differences (for example the tail shape of female Pikachu) show on the 3D models? Can anyone confirm this?

well...female and male Pyroar and have different manes, so I'm pretty sure they do. :p It wouldn't make sense if thy made only one species have their gender differences shown.

If there is a new Eevee evolution this will be a great time to reveal it.
I also think they might reveal Mega Raichu because its so symbolic for the pokemon mascots evolution just few days before the game is coming.

Baktwerel said:

Yep, a female Pikachu was shown with the tail notch, so all differences are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back