XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Speaking of Bugs: Have we gotten any more information regarding Combee's supposed male-exclusive evolution?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Male exclusive Combee? That sounds sweet.
And more BUGS! We need more Ground types! There is only 1

Rune Yagami said:
Speaking of Bugs: Have we gotten any more information regarding Combee's supposed male-exclusive evolution?
That guy was a liar.

It's not happening. :p

merrrrrhorse said:
Male exclusive Combee? That sounds sweet.
And more BUGS! We need more Ground types! There is only 1

What about a Bug/Ground type? Could be some sort of awesome ant. Could have a "queen" evolution that is female exclusive or something.

SavvyJackal said:
Rune Yagami said:
That guy was a liar.

It's not happening. :p

Crap, it was a cool idea.

We haven't spoke about bugs, or actually any insects or arthropods for pages though... So...
Wait, are you calling a sea slug a bug? Aren't bugs flies or gnats? They're only one little category of insects. Insects are arthropods, which have exoskeletons. Wow you guys need to brush up on your biology if you think sea slugs have exoskeletons.
Edit: Whoa like a billion posts as i typed this so fast!

If Shelmet and Accelgor, a mollusk line is a Bug type, I think Bug is no longer exclusive to arthropods. calling a sea snail a bug is... mmmAcceptable

My Bug theme team includes a Cloyster.

Razmos said:
Professer K said:
we need to do a round up of how many new pokemon there are so far.
erdz.png
Only thing missing from there is Mega Abomasnow.

NOTE: not mine haha, had to edit it and rehost because it had a swear word in it.
Okay, so. Counting all of these and the Goomy evo... Then without Mega Pokemon, there are 58 new Pokemon currently.

There typings aren't Bug. They are Bugs..but not typed as bugs. Know what I'm saying?

bugs were never too impressive to me, besides the Venipede line.

I think we need more ground types.

Anyone have an official count of how many new pokemon we have and what categories they fall under type wise?

It would be cool to see a decent bug type that isn't also steel type, or that isn't named Heracross or Volcarona. I mean seriously there are very few bug types worth using competitively. If generation 6 introduced something that would fill this void I would be a happy camper, indeed.

merrrrrhorse said:
There typings aren't Bug. They are Bugs..but not typed as bugs. Know what I'm saying?

Anyone have an official count of how many new pokemon we have and what categories they fall under type wise?

So far we have:

Fairy (10): Flabébé, Floette, Dedenne, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Sylveon, Carbink, Xerneas

Normal (8): Helioptile, Heliolisk, Furfrou, Fletching, Litleo, Pyroar, Bunnelby, Diggersby

Fire (7): Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Litleo, Pyroar

Flying (7): Fletching, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Vivillon, Hawlucha, Noivern, Yveltal

Water (6): Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Skrelp, Clauncher, Binacle

Rock (6): Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Carbink, Binacle

Grass (5): Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Skiddo, Gogoat

Psychic (5): Delphox, Espurr, Meowstick, Inkay, Malamar

Dark (5): Greninja, Inkay, Malamar, Pangoro, Yveltal

Dragon (5): Noivern, Goomy, Sliggoo, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum

Fighting (4): Chesnaught, Pancham, Pangoro, Hawlucha

Electric (3): Helioptile, Heliolisk, Dedenne

Bug (3): Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon

Steel (2): Honedge, Doublade

Ghost (2): Honedge, Doublade

Ice (2): Amaura, Aurorus

Poison (1): Skrelp

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms

We need more ghost-types, since the amount of fairy types beat it already.
About 20 ghost types and maybe 30 or 40 fairy-types now? I mean, really. Ghost is literally the smallest type of all and always has been.

Bobo Taky said:
merrrrrhorse said:

So far we have:

Fairy (10): Flabébé, Floette, Dedenne, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Sylveon, Carbink, Xerneas

Normal (8): Helioptile, Heliolisk, Furfrou, Fletching, Litleo, Pyroar, Bunnelby, Diggersby

Flying (7): Fletching, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Vivillon, Hawlucha, Noivern, Yveltal

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms

I'm sure I mentioned the lack of leaked or mentioned new ground-types before.

No Ground yet, eh? Hoping for Diggersby to gain that as secondary typing.

merrrrrhorse said:

In the post I quoted above, in the spoiler tag, is an image containing all of the Pokemon and types excluding Goomy's evolution Sliggoo (which is pure Dragon).

Rune Yagami said:
It would be cool to see a decent bug type that isn't also steel type, or that isn't named Heracross or Volcarona. I mean seriously there are very few bug types worth using competitively. If generation 6 introduced something that would fill this void I would be a happy camper, indeed.

A Bug/Dark type would rule...unless im missing some under-the-radar pokemon

or a Bug/Fairy as of now.

Bobo Taky said:
merrrrrhorse said:

So far we have:

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms

Sounds like Nintendo needs to be more "down to earth" :p

FloodBadge said:
About 20 ghost types and maybe 30 or 40 fairy-types now? I mean, really. Ghost is literally the smallest type of all and always has been.

Bobo Taky said:
So far we have:

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms

Switch those numbers around and it's about right. We have 30+ Ghost types and maybe 20 fairy types

AdamLambert said:
FloodBadge said:

Switch those numbers around and it's about right. We have 30+ Ghost types and maybe 20 fairy types

Oh, no, that's actually 29 ghost, and...
20 retype fairies confirmed through leaks or official sources, so that's literally 1 more.

merrrrrhorse said:
Rune Yagami said:

A Bug/Dark type would rule...unless im missing some under-the-radar pokemon

or a Bug/Fairy as of now.

Bug/Dark wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world, because Fighting types would resist both of it's STABs, making it really easy to counter. Similarly, Bug/Fairy is walled by Fire.

For a Pokemon with these types to be decent, they would have to be defensive, but being weak to Stone Edge is crippling.

Not much love for the bugs it seems.

Rune Yagami said:
Bobo Taky said:
So far we have:

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms

Sounds like Nintendo needs to be more "down to earth" :p

Astonished at the fact we have NO ground types.....You KNOW there are gonna be more new ones we havent seen yet. Cant go without adding ground.
And how bout Steel & Poison...no love?

Bobo Taky said:
merrrrrhorse said:

So far we have:

Ground (0)
Not counting Mega forms
You forgot Klefki Not sure if we know the typing yet but I'm willing to bet either Ghost/Fairy or Fairy/Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back