Pokemon Pokemon evolutions that got it all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at Magneton, I can't see it just as 3 magnemites sticked together. It looks different to me probably because 2 of the magnemites are upside down.

That feeling of difference didn't hit me with Gear's evos...

Ummm... Today i was playing white and met a wild pupitar. I thought: it's larvitar evo,so his form it's not making sense. It's more like kakuna or metapod to me,but i have no complaints. And yeah gigigear is pretty dumb looking. No need to be angry, it's just my opinion x)

Scizorliscious said:
How about Magneton? Is it okay just to stick three Pokémon together and call it an evolution? I don't think so.

Agreed.

tumblr_la5eag1qBY1qzxegjo1_500.jpg

Hated the way Diglett evolved into 3 digletts too.

How the heck does an eel-like Pokemon like Dragonair turn into a large behemoth pokemon like Dragonite?

Also, Slowpoke and Slowbro are kinda dumb. I mean, it's just some monster thing on its tail. That is NOT a shellder

I may have said this before, but the 5th Gen Starters.

And quite possible Rattata. A small mous thing and then we hit the evil of all evils with a strange name.

I hope this has yet to be said.Exeggutor looks nothing like its pre-evolution if one does not include 5-7 heads as looking alike.

SinnohTrainer17 said:
So we have Magemite, one single magnet Pokemon. Following that, three Magnemites become attached together to become Magneton. After that, they change completely into a whole new look, Magnezone. It still keeps the essence of Magnemite/Magneton, but it is a unique evolution. I think the designs were pulled off pretty well.
Don't get me wrong, I think Magnezone was pulled off great. I loved it. But the problem for me is Magneton; it's even supposed to be formed by 3 Magnemites being linked together. For me, that's not evolution, that's just a Magnemite hug. Itshould take up 3 spaces in a player's party, if 3 separate Magnemite do, too, imo.
Diglett's the same way. It's not a siamese triplet evolution, someone was just messing around with some Diglett and superglue.

milotic. It just doesnt make sense that if you make a weird fish look pretty, it turns into a snake.

I thought Crobat was a bit weird you know with golbats legs bieng replaced by wings in the evo
Crobat has feet. They're just very very small feet. Look at his back sprites and you'll see.

Gigagear is...well, sorta interesting. I can see exactly what you mean by Gigear looking like a creative evolution. I think by that token that makes Weezing creative as well - it isn't just two Koffing blended together; it's one big and one small connected, and it actually turned out quite well.

I'm actually a big fan of Diglett/Magnemite, so for those guys I really don't care if they're uncreative, I still like them.

However since I'm fairly sure nobody likes Lickilicky, I will make fun of it however much I want. (It's weird that all the 4th gen evos are either really terrible or just sorta good - nothing was really astounding or eye-catching.)

^Well actually,Weezing is comprised of three koffing.One Koffing (One that connects the visible two) had yet to be formed thus showing that ball connecting the two.So it is like Metagross/Magneton/Dugtrio.

@DNA: I found Rhyperior to be quite impressive when I saw it... I don't know why most people don't like 4th gen evos... I like them all...

One thing most of you have forgotten: I asked how they should have evolved. These are how I would have changed these evos.

Armaldo should have looked like anorith, only larger, spikier, stronger, and generally more intimidating.

Machamp should have looked more feral and reptilian, with a strong tail and claws.

@Metalizard: Rhyperior was sort of strange because it looks like a Rhydon on steroids imo. It got all those red bumps and became, like, huge or something.
I'm going to back up my claim on Magneton being weird in that it's 10x the weight of a single Magnemite, and not 3x, even though it's made up of 3 Magnemite. How does that happen?

Magnetism. A really strong magnetic field contributes to its increased weight. Because it exhibits strong forces on itself, gravity picks up on that, and as a result it weighs a lot more. Its mass, however, is probably a lot less.

I actually like Magneton but can't stand Dugtrio's design. Personally the Gear line is my least favorite. In my honest opinion the last two forms don't look like Pokemon.

DNA said:
Magnetism. A really strong magnetic field contributes to its increased weight. Because it exhibits strong forces on itself, gravity picks up on that, and as a result it weighs a lot more.
Does Magnetism even affect an object's gravity? Besides, wouldn't it still be 3x, since Magnemite have magnetism, too? Also, I checked, and the mass of Magneton is 10x Mgnemite's also, not 3x.

I believe it does. The point I'm trying to make is that Magneton's magnetic field is stronger, enough so that it can hold together three magnetic objects, which would normally be opposed to one another. Magnemite's field repels gravity, so to bring together 3 gravity-repelling fields like that would take a lot of energy. That force as a whole repels even more gravity, contributing to Magneton's increased weight (weight is relative to gravity; mass is not).

hahaha i love being philosophical about pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back