Pokemon Pokemon evolutions that got it all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so if we assume that's true... there's still the problem that a Magneton also has 10x the mass of a Magnemite (60 Kg vs. 6 Kg). Now, since the ratio of mass and weight is the same between them, then the magnetism simply can't be changing the weight, unless it makes it both higher and lower by equal amounts, which for the purposes of this discussion would be the same as magnetism not having any different effect on the Magneton than it does on the Magnemite.

That force as a whole repels even more gravity, contributing to Magneton's increased weight

That's not how weight works. And there is no such thing as "repel more gravity" here since gravity is more or less constant throughout on the planet. If you exert more force, you'd be flying up into outer space.

Weight arises when gravity acts on a body with mass. The only way Magenton can have "increased" weight is on a planet with higher gravity, or if Magneton had more mass.

In fact, if you are repelling gravity, it wouldn't make sense to say that you weigh more... rather that you are "not attracted" to the center of the earth.

Assuming the gravitational definition:
w = mg
m is mass
g is gravitational accelerationn.

magneton's "magnetic field" has no effect on its "weight"

Pineco to Forretress
Nuzleaf to Shiftry
Whismur to Loudred
Barboach to Whiscash
Burmy to Mothim
That's my list for the 1st 4 generations, at least the ones that have not been said thus far.

I'm still not certain what the heck Forretress is, what a Bagworm is, but hey, they're similar in looks.... <.<
Nuzleaf to Shiftry...I don't know, just seems like a drastic change like Wotter's 2nd form to Daikenki
Whismur to Loudred...really drastic change in general appearance.
Barboach to Whiscash. 3rd generation, I found a Barboach in the mud, and I was like, what the fudge is this? What is this sea-weenie? To this day, Barboach is still the "Sea-weenie" Pokemon in my book. Then it turns into this bulky 90% Swampert.
Burmy, you rarely see him without a cloak unless you watch the anime, but that little black thing doesn't look like it can evolve into a moth.

Oh yeah, Luvdisc to Mamanbou, can't see the resemblence their either...wait...they aren't related o_O

sgtspontaneous said:
just seems like a drastic change

Art imitates life.

butterfly-life-cycle-l.gif

Amazing huh?

Most, if not all of those evolutions are completely reasonable and/or not all that drastic. I'm not even sure why you included Pineco and Foretress in that list if you admit that they aren't drastic evolutions. Like XieRH mentioned, a good deal of Pokemon evolutionary lines represent animal and plant life. Do some research on these Pokemon, and then it'll make much more sense to you.

Alvin and the Minezumis said:
There is a perfectly logical explanation for the Magikarp-Gyarados jump...

Yeah. It's your well-deserved gameplay reward for almost 20 levels of bait-and-switch levelling up :D

Been there, done that in Red and Soulsilver. Twas a toughie...

The rule of pokemon evolution in general is weaker stuff evolve into stronger stuff (that's why nobody brings lv100 mudkips into competitive play). Magikarp-Gyarados is sort of just a more emphasised form of that evolution.

Magikarp-Gyarados evolution is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate.

That's not how weight works. And there is no such thing as "repel more gravity" here since gravity is more or less constant throughout on the planet. If you exert more force, you'd be flying up into outer space.

Weight arises when gravity acts on a body with mass. The only way Magenton can have "increased" weight is on a planet with higher gravity, or if Magneton had more mass.

In fact, if you are repelling gravity, it wouldn't make sense to say that you weigh more... rather that you are "not attracted" to the center of the earth.
You've got to remember this is Pokemon. Either way, it is not making sense somewhere. I'm just taking a theory that seems to be the least nonsensical. That's all.

I do understand your point, but the fact of the matter is: Magneton does have increased weight, and I am the only person that has tried to explain why. Everyone else has tried to explain why it could not be so when the fact is that it is so. So I take my path because of that.

So why does Magnezone weigh about 3 times as much as Magneton? If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go figure that one out.

^The larger problem is its mass increase is directly proportional to its weight increase, so that's 10x also.
So I restate my question: Why does Magneton have 10x the mass of a single Magnemite when it's just 3 Magnemite stuck together? It makes no sense, still.

Also people are over looking the fact that Magnemite is 1 foot tall, but Magneton is 3'03". Thinking about that really fast you say yep makes sence, 3 magnemites 3 feet. but they are pyramid shaped, so they should only measure out to be 2 feet some odd inches.

Well I'm pretty sure when the developers define the height and weight, most of the time they just slap some random-yet-ordinary-looking numbers on.

@DNA
In the scientific context there isn't really a "least" nonsensical. If you try to use science to explain it, either it fits the boundaries of science (makes sense) or it does not (nonsensical).

Science-wise, the only possible way Magneton has increased weight is to simply assume that it somehow has more mass than 3 magnemite. Where that extra mass comes from... well it could come from anywhere. That's a dead end and can't be speculated on further.

Where that extra mass comes from... well it could come from anywhere. That's a dead end and can't be speculated on further.
Or you could theorize that Magnemite bodies are hollow, and Magneton bodies aren't.
I can't speculate it further? I think not! ...At least, this explanation makes a little bit of sense. Then again, it's like saying that watermelon insides are blue until you cut them - something unprovable.

Wait a minute, isn't all of this speculation unprovable?

Geez, people. Stop arguing about magneton. It has become obvious it is flawed, so tell me how it could have been done better!

We're not arguing; we're debating and speculating. There's a big difference.

Geez, people. Stop arguing about magneton. It has become obvious it is flawed, so tell me how it could have been done better!

I always wanted Magnemite to evolve into a large hadron collider...

DNA said:
Or you could theorize that Magnemite bodies are hollow, and Magneton bodies aren't.
Except that all magneton is is 3 Magnemite stuck together. At least according to its Pokédex entries.

How about Feebas into Milotic? It makes no sense how a shabby fish could turn into a beautiful serpent. Only connection I can see is through the ugly duckling story, but yeah.

I think it's to represent 'ugly become beautiful'. Other than that, no clue.

One thing I don't get is Flaaffy to Ampharos. A pink sheep to a yellow thing that isn't a sheep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back