Pokemon Pokemon evolutions that got it all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't get is Flaaffy to Ampharos. A pink sheep to a yellow thing that isn't a sheep?
It completely burned all of its skin cells that grew wool. Flaaffy is sort of the interim stage between Ampharos and Mareep; indeed, Flaaffy's body is reminiscent of pink rubber gloves. Ampharos just completed the process of making it totally unable to grow wool altogether.

...it SORTA makes sense. Just a little.

I... What... How...

FIVE PAGES AND NOBODY MENTIONS REMORAID!!??

Really?

Pokebeach, I am disappoint.

^Wow, I swear someone did mention Remoraid somewhere in this thread. As it turns out, it wasn't...which is very weird because it should deserve a mention. There's only one thing that ties the two Pokemon together and it's a very loose comparison at best. So yeah, why isn't Remoraid being brought up?

Because it's a gun that lives in the sea that evolves into a cannon that lives in the sea? I don't know.

An archerfish evolves into an octopus, Scizor. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

@DNA, I know it makes no sense. I'm just trying to see if there's any sensible relationship between the evolutions. And there's some, just not enough for it to make sense.

The only feature that they share is the same mouth.

woot.png

really....no one has said blaziken. it goes from this little chick to a big butt kicking bird human lol. also when i played red i was expecting voltorb to evolve into somthing awesome....but no...it just flipped over.

VOLTORB D:< IT JUST EVOLVES INTO A FREAKING FLIPPED OVER POKEBALL
Poliwhirl into Politoed:Well,I find it weird for a...blue "frog" with a big belly like that to evolve into a normal frog. (Otamaro line makes alot more sense lol XD)
Kabuto into Kabutops:It evolves into an aquatic Scyther...Is THAT even a extinct animal?
Remoraid into Octillery:Fish into Octopus?It would have been better if it turned on another fish personally
Vigoroth into Slaking:Well,isnt it weird Lazy,Active,then LAZY again?Besides,they dont really look familiar on even a minor thing. (With exception of hair color)

Gleafeon, I think kabutops was a trilobite with limbs (which makes no sense). Kabuto is a trilobite to, but it seems to smooth. In fact, this whole line is messed up (though every final fossil evo was messed up in the first three generations).

As long as the evolution is interesting then I honestly don't care about how much sense it makes. Things such as Gyarados and Flygon don't need to follow the true rules of evolution because the great designs make up for it.

Of course, there are some bad ones...

366.png

Pretty much EVERY SINGLE Gen V Stage 1 pokemon. They really couldve stuck with basic -> final evo with the majority. If you don't agree, go through the list of sugimori art, and just tell me which ones are necessary (besides starters and maybe a few others that really needed two evolutions)

Uh. Let's see.

I suppose Whirlipede wasn't a necessary member of the Venipede line.
Duosion is a bit too similar to it's pre-evolution and then quite a leap to it's final stage.
I guess the Vanillite and Klink lines would've been fine with only two Pokemon in their families.
Boldore is a bit derpy, so that I can understand, but Roggenrola would be a huge leap to Gigalith.

Other than that, I think we have some really cool 1st stage Pokemon, like the first stage starters, Herdier, Gurdurr, Krokorok, Lampent, and Fraxure.

There are some pokemon that needed a transition point, like Zweilous (Jiheddo), Fraxure (Onondo), Herdier (Haderia), Palpitoad (Gamagaru) , or inclusive Tranquill (Hatoopoo).

I think that Remoraid -> Octillery is weird.

Lickitung was bad enough and then they made Lickilicky. That is arguably the worst. Dragonair should have evolved into something better than Dragonite too.

safariblade said:
Pretty much EVERY SINGLE Gen V Stage 1 pokemon. They really couldve stuck with basic -> final evo with the majority. If you don't agree, go through the list of sugimori art, and just tell me which ones are necessary (besides starters and maybe a few others that really needed two evolutions)

Come to think of it I've always questioned the necessity of evolution as a whole to begin with. Who wants a monozu when they can have a sazandora? In the end, the pre-evolved forms are really like just temporary stages before you hit the end product you really want. And this applies especially in the competitive scene where evolved pokemon are obviously favoured over their earlier stages.

Just give me the final evo. I'd take it over the basic anyday.

Dragonite, seriously, never seen it coming, I thought Dragonair was gonna evolve into a sea dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back