ReshiBoar EX Discussion Thread

Glaceon said:
I said I don't always have to, depending on your start. Also you won't necessarily have Eviolite. You won't necessarily have SSU, or flip heads (more importantly the latter).

I will gladly play you.

Eviolite is one the least needed cards in the entire deck during that matchup. I never said I needed it. If you do *120* damage to me, and I don't flip heads, I still KO your Zekrom. If you can immediately get another Zekrom, or any other attacker, out on the very next turn, you KO my Reshiram, and you are a prize ahead. Then I bring out my other Reshiram and KO that pokemon. Then you start to have a little problems with fully charging up a pokemon every single turn of the game.

I'll gladly play you. Do you want to make?

alexmf2 said:
Eviolite is one the least needed cards in the entire deck during that matchup. I never said I needed it. If you do *120* damage to me, and I don't flip heads, I still KO your Zekrom. If you can immediately get another Zekrom, or any other attacker, out on the very next turn, you KO my Reshiram, and you are a prize ahead. Then I bring out my other Reshiram and KO that pokemon. Then you start to have a little problems with fully charging up a pokemon every single turn of the game.

As would you because after I ko your ReshEX, I would proceed to ko your Emboar. Then you have your 6 consistency cards to get another up.
I cannot play right now, though.

Glaceon said:
As would you because after I ko your ReshEX, I would proceed to ko your Emboar. Then you have your 6 consistency cards to get another up.
I cannot play right now, though.

Explain how you are going to KO my 150 hp Emboar the very turn after you KO my 180 hp Reshiram. If you manage to explain that I will explain how Heavy Ball and Rare Candy work. I also already said that Emboar is not needed very often, and by the time you KO the first Reshiram I should have already charged up a second one.

There is no way you will be able to achieve all of that. I will ko your Reshiram because of the 5/5 chance of recoil, which you will doubt-ably get out on your second turn.

Glaceon said:
There is no way you will be able to achieve all of that. I will ko your Reshiram because of the 5/5 chance of recoil, which you will doubt-ably get out on your second turn.

That 5/5 chance of recoil is 25/75, and with Eviolite it doesn't even matter. Does EelZone even play Pluspower? Without it, it wouldn't even matter if I got tails. About not getting it out on the second turn, if you can't do that reliably, than your list isn't very good.

alexmf2 said:
That 5/5 chance of recoil is 25/75, and with Eviolite it doesn't even matter. Does EelZone even play Pluspower? Without it, it wouldn't even matter if I got tails. About not getting it out on the second turn, if you can't do that reliably, than your list isn't very good.

How so?

With Eviolite, recoil will leave you at 150 HP.

Why would I lead Zekrom if you get a good start?

Yes, but it is in Magnezone range, easily. Zekrom would only lead if you had a bad start. It would also be in Zekrom EX range.

Glaceon said:
Why would I lead Zekrom if you get a good start?

Yes, but it is in Magnezone range, easily. Zekrom would only lead if you had a bad start. It would also be in Zekrom EX range.

You keep switching your argument back and forth. If you lead Magnezone, that Magnezone is KO'd with the first attack. If you lead Zekrom, the Zekrom is KO'd with the first attack. With Magnezone you might manage to take a KO with the first attack, if you get the energy and if you go first. If you do, I will return the KO, and start KOing anything else you put up.

You lead Thundurus and clean up with Magnezone. Zekrom is used if you're in a situation where you need to conserve energy while still taking a somewhat important KO. If you put up an EX, I'm going to KO it with Magnezone, or at least try to.

Celebi23 said:
You lead Thundurus and clean up with Magnezone. Zekrom is used if you're in a situation where you need to conserve energy while still taking a somewhat important KO. If you put up an EX, I'm going to KO it with Magnezone, or at least try to.
Ok. Reshiram KOs Thundurus, and is only 3HKOd back. Magnezone KOs can be hard, but you can deal with then. It mostly ends up as a race to see if EelZone can get 9-12 energy (depending on backfire damage) and 3 Magnezones before Reshiram gets 6 KOs. Reshiram mostly wins this, which is why I have it as favorable.

alexmf2 said:
You keep switching your argument back and forth. If you lead Magnezone, that Magnezone is KO'd with the first attack. If you lead Zekrom, the Zekrom is KO'd with the first attack. With Magnezone you might manage to take a KO with the first attack, if you get the energy and if you go first. If you do, I will return the KO, and start KOing anything else you put up.

If I lead Magnezone, I will knock out your Reshiram EX.

alexmf2 said:
Ok. Reshiram KOs Thundurus, and is only 3HKOd back. Magnezone KOs can be hard, but you can deal with then. It mostly ends up as a race to see if EelZone can get 9-12 energy (depending on backfire damage) and 3 Magnezones before Reshiram gets 6 KOs. Reshiram mostly wins this, which is why I have it as favorable.

You need 6 kos, I need three. I will be able to get out consistent Magnezone/other attackers, especially considering I use more than 8 consistency cards, and be able to keep up with your ko's.

Glaceon said:
If I lead Magnezone, I will knock out your Reshiram EX.

You need 6 kos, I need three. I will be able to get out consistent Magnezone/other attackers, especially considering I use more than 8 consistency cards, and be able to keep up with your ko's.

Agreed. Both decks are about equally fast so Magnezone has 3 turns of set up. Getting out 3 Magnezones isn't that hard and Magnezone isn't their only attacker.

How many mewtwo/zekromEX should be used in EelZone? Both of them are more than capable of revenge killing rerishramEX.

Glaceon said:
With Eviolite, recoil will leave you at 150 HP.

Eviolite can stop/reduce recoil damage?

themoreyouknow.png

27th_wonder said:
How many mewtwo/zekromEX should be used in EelZone? Both of them are more than capable of revenge killing rerishramEX.

Eviolite can stop/reduce recoil damage?

themoreyouknow.png

Yes, it can stop recoil damage. In eelzone, I say one of each EX should be played since they won't be KOed quickly and by the time they are KOed you will have a few Magnezones ready to go.

I have been testing with a list very similar to yours, and I can still say the deck is inconsistent. I have never be given the chance to set up an Emboar. And it is not the way I play it.

The only thing I have been consistently getting is bad hands :/.

Glaceon said:
I have been testing with a list very similar to yours, and I can still say the deck is inconsistent. I have never be given the chance to set up an Emboar. And it is not the way I play it.

The only thing I have been consistently getting is bad hands :/.

We are getting nowhere. Either we play on PlayTCG, or let's just move on to something else. Neither of us is going to budge.

ive been testing this for a while and the matchups are pretty much perfect you did a great job in this article

Jeremiah.W said:
ive been testing this for a while and the matchups are pretty much perfect you did a great job in this article

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the article. I have found that the matchups are very nice as well.

Back