ReshiBoar EX Discussion Thread

PUAthelas said:
Don t you think 8 fire energy is a bit low?
I also think you need one more catcher.

I find 8 Fire is sufficient, because you have Cilan to search it out, making it easier to get. I also agree that another Catcher would be great, but I can't find the room.

PUAthelas said:
The third switch isn t needed I think.

Trust me, it is. You need to be able to Switch between Reshiram sometimes, and to Switch out of Mewtwo. On top of that, you always have people Catchering up your Emboars, which is super annoying without Switch.

alexmf2 said:
Trust me, it is. You need to be able to Switch between Reshiram sometimes, and to Switch out of Mewtwo. On top of that, you always have people Catchering up your Emboars, which is super annoying without Switch.

I agree. It is a little bit over the top, but it's worth it. You get a 50% better chance of drawing switch and you can keep using them.

alexmf2 said:

Your point is valid but in my opinion you could add one more catcher instead since you already run ssu which can get things out of the active spot as well as switch.

PUAthelas said:
Your point is valid but in my opinion you could add one more catcher instead since you already run ssu which can get things out of the active spot as well as switch.

SSU is much more needed to help save your Reshirams than to be used as a makeshift Switch. It's not completely reliant, either.

Well , if you think so. I feel its unbalanced to have three switch and one catcher when you could have two and two, since you say you "cant find room" for that second catcher.Seriously that third switch is more of a tech thing I believe.But feel free to test the deck with only one catcher, I dont think it ll have a chance against Eelzone for example if you cant Catcher the Eels and ko them.

PUAthelas said:
Well , if you think so. I feel its unbalanced to have three switch and one catcher when you could have two and two, since you say you "cant find room" for that second catcher.Seriously that third switch is more of a tech thing I believe.But feel free to test the deck with only one catcher, I don't think it ll have a chance against Eelzone for example if you cant Catcher the Eels and ko them.

I would much rather get rid of the second Cilan, the third Switch is much more important than that.

alexmf2 said:
I would much rather get rid of the second Cilan, the third Switch is much more important than that.
Cilan is too good in this deck to be cut off I think, but it could be a choice.
By the way, do you only have 6 draw supporters in the deck?

PUAthelas said:
Well , if you think so. I feel its unbalanced to have three switch and one catcher when you could have two and two, since you say you "cant find room" for that second catcher.Seriously that third switch is more of a tech thing I believe.But feel free to test the deck with only one catcher, I don't think it ll have a chance against Eelzone for example if you cant Catcher the Eels and ko them.

The third Switch is important. I would drop SSU, but that is just me. I would drop them for another Catcher and Supporters (this deck has set-up/midgame consistency problems with just 6 Supporters. No extensive amount of testing is needed to know that 6 Supporters isn't enough).

The reason that you can manage with only 6 Supporters is that you have enough search cards. You have Cilan and Fisherman for energy and Heavy Ball for the pokemon, what more would you need?

A SSU could be dropped for another Catcher, but I wouldn't go lower than 2 Super Scoop Up.

I would keep the current SSU count, 2 is a little bit low, and Super Scoop Up is a great tech. I would also like to say that I have been having success with Smeargle in this deck, if you can find room for it, I would highly recommend playing it. It is great with Skyarrow, and SSU, I got off 5 supporters in one turn with two Smeargles last time I played tested.

After a bit of testing, I have found that communication is necessary. I'd go for a 3-1 split the other way around. I can't tell you how many times I've had a heavy ball in hand, wishing it was a pokemon communication.

Back