ReshiBoar EX Discussion Thread

Rikko145 said:
What main attacker would that be? MTC is the only really competitive Mewtwo-based deck, and your point earlier said "their next Mewtwo". Well, unless you're playing a mainly Mewtwo EX deck (or just don't know how to tech) you're not going to have a second Mewtwo EX.

Funny, because I haven't played against a single deck this season that played Cleffa.

Obviously you don't. Then why do you have enough SSU that you're going to be hitting them on T3?

Then why do you only play 1 Victini if Victini is better?

You do know the strategy, right? Unless you're playing against Mewtwo, you almost all of your energies early game.

Please make a decent list before you make this poorly written half-done article thread any worse than it already is. And perhaps you should learn how to calculate drawing odds. ;)

I've already explained this in my other posts. "Their next Mewtwo" is the Mewtwo they retreated from your poorly planned Reshiram counter, which they then destroy your entire field with.

Then those decks didn't need Cleffa, or those were bad lists. I could find you 50 lists with Cleffa in them easily. Switching Cleffa for hand refresh is a terrible idea, Cleffa is a better version of hand refresh.

So I can use SSU turn 3, and actually win games?

Please read my posts... I have already explained this at least 3 times. Victini is searchable, Eviolite is not. Eviolite can be used on multiple Pokemon, as opposed to Victini which works for all of them.

Um, no, you don't. You charge up an active Reshiram and a benched Reshiram, and keep about two energy in your hand to use Mewtwo.

EDIT: Ninja'd

alexmf2 said:
I've already explained this in my other posts. "Their next Mewtwo" is the Mewtwo they retreated from your poorly planned Reshiram counter, which they then destroy your entire field with.

Then those decks didn't need Cleffa, or those were bad lists. I could find you 50 lists with Cleffa in them easily. Switching Cleffa for hand refresh is a terrible idea, Cleffa is a better version of hand refresh.

So I can use SSU turn 3, and actually win games?

Please read my posts... I have already explained this at least 3 times. Victini is searchable, Eviolite is not. Eviolite can be used on multiple Pokemon, as opposed to Victini which works for all of them.

Um, no, you don't. You charge up an active Reshiram and a benched Reshiram, and keep about two energy in your hand to use Mewtwo.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Agreed with almost all of these:

Mewtwo EX Matchup- A huge trick I found to this matchup is Rocky Helmet. That puts them down to 150 and you can OHKO them for 2 Prizes.

Cleffa- I honestly don't see the NEED for Cleffa in this deck, but it's not a dead card. It is personal preference if they want to play it. It's not bad, just it isn't valued over certain cards in some decks.

SSU- Having 3 SSU can really help. Who cares when you get them, the more times you pick up Reshiram to heal it, that's 2 more prizes you deny them. 3 is minimum IMO.

Victini- I would go with 2 Victini, but if your opponent THINKS you play 2 or 3 they'll leave it alone and go for the Gold (EXs)

Energies Early or Late Game- This list will rarely make a huge impact on when you hit your energies, I can see both of you have different play-styles and your both good players, but it is what you draw and what you want to draw. It is all preference.

Actually, you reminded me about Rocky Helmet. I run a 1/1 Rocky Helmet/Eviolite.

Rikko145 said:
Actually, you reminded me about Rocky Helmet. I run a 1/1 Rocky Helmet/Eviolite.

The problem with Rocky Helmet is that it works almost only against MTC. Against almost all other decks, you need to have Eviolite attached so that if you flip tails on Brave Fire you can't be KO'd easily by anything that can do 130 damage.

It could help the mirror. If an opposing Reshiram EX has an Eviolite attached and hits tails on Brave Fire, Rocky Helmet would put them into OHKO range. I agree, it is a very situational card.

Rikko145 said:
It could help the mirror. If an opposing Reshiram EX has an Eviolite attached and hits tails on Brave Fire, Rocky Helmet would put them into OHKO range. I agree, it is a very situational card.
But, wouldn't you want Eviolite in that matchup? Say you hit tails yourself. Eviolite would save you.

I guess if you were ahead in prizes, it would be acceptable. But hey, if we're tied in prizes.... the God help us all.

since eel decks will be played a lot, think about incorporating audino ep into your builds. if you flip heads you can easily donk those tynamos.

you can have 2 reshi ex - 2 audino ep - 2 mewtwo ex line for your attackers.

RobertBenjamin said:
since eel decks will be played a lot, think about incorporating audino ep into your builds. if you flip heads you can easily donk those tynamos.

you can have 2 reshi ex - 2 audino ep - 2 mewtwo ex line for your attackers.
Audino is too unreliable. Sure, it's fun, but it gets ko'd too easily. I may be writing if off too soon though. It might be something to test.

pokemonjoe said:
Audino is too unreliable. Sure, it's fun, but it gets ko'd too easily. I may be writing if off too soon though. It might be something to test.

you have fliptini in your line-up anyway so make the best use of it.

also Esa has just posted a reshiboar ex article over at the deck out.

Since ReshiBoar EX has been preforming poorly at States and isn't very played, I am going to move this article out of the Metagame Deck Center. Feel free to continue discussion now that this is in The Competitive Collective.

^ Damn. That kind of sucks.

I actually suggest thst you run a 2-2 Darmanitan line as a tech, it can help with the Mewtwos. Also, a tech that I LOOOOVE is the Audino tech, Heals all B Fire damage and is a MINI Darmanitan. I am running a 3-1-3 Emboar for more space, but I think I should change it to 3-2-3

Yeah, have to agree with Vulpix Yolk here, this didn't turn out as I expected. Even I decided not to run it for any States.

The Fire Wyrm said:
^ Damn. That kind of sucks.

I actually suggest thst you run a 2-2 Darmanitan line as a tech, it can help with the Mewtwos. Also, a tech that I LOOOOVE is the Audino tech, Heals all B Fire damage and is a MINI Darmanitan. I am running a 3-1-3 Emboar for more space, but I think I should change it to 3-2-3

The problem with Audino is that a lot of energy are required to do decent damage. Then when Audino is knocked out (not a hard task) you lose all of those energy.

Harsh, but accurate decision Vulpix Yolk.

I still have a soft spot for this deck idea though and hope it will be revisited in time.

Glaceon said:
The problem with Audino is that a lot of energy are required to do decent damage. Then when Audino is knocked out (not a hard task) you lose all of those energy.
Hahaahaahaaaa, like I use that for damage, I use it for healing now.

The Fire Wyrm said:
Hahaahaahaaaa, like I use that for damage, I use it for healing now.

It would be a terrible healer. Three for 50 healed, and then immediately OHKO'd? I would even rather use Potion.

Also, isn't ChandyPlume not very played?

alexmf2 said:
It would be a terrible healer. Three for 50 healed, and then immediately OHKO'd? I would even rather use Potion.

Also, isn't ChandyPlume not very played?

It's not widely played but it's actually been doing decently at States. I don't think it's won any here, but it won one in Europe and it's been top cutting.

Cinema said:
It's not widely played but it's actually been doing decently at States. I don't think it's won any here, but it won one in Europe and it's been top cutting.

As a healer or attack?

Back