Saturday - Friday, 1/26 - 2/1, Great Encounters Scans, Darkrai.com Error, Lucario and Pokemon Traine

RE: Saturday, 1/26, 15 Great Encounters Scans, Great Encounters Scans, Darkrai.com Error

I can't believe none of the Eevee family is making an appearance

I just want them to make a decent Umbreon (because he is the best)

I also wanna see some more of Leafeon and the other ice evolution (can't remember the name ----brain drain!!!!)

RE: Saturday, 1/26, 15 Great Encounters Scans, Great Encounters Scans, Darkrai.com Error

Thanks for the Scans!

1. Blaziken. Great Card, just great. Reminds me of Blaziken EX (TMTA). The best part is it can be ready in one turn after attacking. DRE anyone?

2. Cressilia is a let down, oh well the Lv.X isn't bad.

3. This Darkrai is the best by far, T1 Grab Energy (Might I add any including Special)

4. Floatzel was passed up when I looked at it great card though.

5. Wailord=Win

6. Milotic, I could see a 1-1/1 Milotic/Milotic d tech line coming in the future. Very nice addition.

7. Leftovers, looks like a leftover card.

SO they are staying with the Rev. Holo thing again?

wat do you all prefer

'exs'
or
'level x s'
?

Cresselia is terrible. I don't see it making an impact AT ALL. The first Darkrai is better than the original. Wailord's best partner is the binder. Milotic will be a tech at worlds. Floatzel is worst than it's last version. Blaziken will take Steelix EX's place.

JMO

RE: Saturday, 1/26, 15 Great Encounters Scans, Great Encounters Scans, Darkrai.com Er

Awesome scans!!! I can't wait until Saturday!!!

Miltank Hero! said:
Cresselia is terrible. I don't see it making an impact AT ALL. The first Darkrai is better than the original. Wailord's best partner is the binder. Milotic will be a tech at worlds. Floatzel is worst than it's last version. Blaziken will take Steelix EX's place.

JMO

I thought Magmortar Lv. X took Steelix ex's place.

Anyway, Floatzel is a little better than the DP version, but not by much.

I want my Phione! Nothing here really ground breaking. Oh well, I will save my prerelease money, and just buy and/or trade for the cards I need. I can't even justify buying a full box of this set.

Yeah, I kind of wanted Phione as well. It seems PUSA removed most of the cards we all really wanted.

I agree about Wailord in one sense - it rocks. Arita rocks. But I prefer cutesy, so I'm gonna go for Treecko's being the best out of the fifteen there. Kouki Saitou for the win. ^_^

I do like Wailord's though. And Darkrai. And Floatzel.

Lol at the Mistake. I just saw it today, because it wasn't there yesterday night. EDIT: Now it's gone. :O

The Scans look amazing! Love the artwork on Wailord and Milotic and all the cards are just great. Blaziken is semi-good, Darkrai is stupid, Wailord is the ultimate-stall, and Milotic will be a good anti-Lv.X tech. Finally a great set in the TCG. I wonder what "It" is; I'll be looking forward to Wednesday. Hope your eyes get better. If your eyes are damaged from the computer, I'd suggest taking breaks from the computer. :)

dmaster out.

What is there to discuss?
At this point I didn't see any card who can turn the format around,( 60% Gallade 30% Magmortar all along with Absol).
The Darkrai who can get you an energy card looks promising, but if Phione and Claydoll are not in this set, we will get another sick series of tournaments.
How great a card might look to play, as long as you have about a 90% chance to find it discarded with Absol there is nothing to discuss.

As for the artwork, agreed Wailord look nice.

RE: Saturday, 1/26, 15 Great Encounters Scans, Great Encounters Scans, Darkrai.com Er

Yeah, having Claydol would be really nice to offset Absol some more.

Blaziken is okay, but you could only realistically play two of the Firestarter copy, and that's bad because Firestarter is such a great combo.

Cresselia LV.X is nice, but something with 100 HP that takes so much work to set up just won't cut it in this format, I think. Same goes with Darkrai, but I wouldn't be using that as a primary attacker anyway.

bmalec1337 said:
Yeah, having Claydol would be really nice to offset Absol some more.

Blaziken is okay, but you could only realistically play two of the Firestarter copy, and that's bad because Firestarter is such a great combo.

Cresselia LV.X is nice, but something with 100 HP that takes so much work to set up just won't cut it in this format, I think. Same goes with Darkrai, but I wouldn't be using that as a primary attacker anyway.

That isnt entirely true about Blaziken. If you didnt play when Blaziken was very popular, (During the 03-04 & 04-05 Seasons) they you wouldnt know this. Alot of decks back then were Blaziken, and they usually went 4-2-3-2, 4-2-2-2, or 4-2-3-1. You have to remember we do have a nice card call Time-Space Distortion that will make Blaziken very playable. While I think that not having Phione is bad for this deck, Pachirisu will help it get started like Dunsparce did back then. I am not sure that it will be good enough to beat Gardy/Gallade, which is exactly the opposite of what happened the first time the RS/PK Blaziken/Gardevoir were legal. :D

JMO,
Drew

I'm stoked for Beedrill!!! With the right trainer engine it could be amazing! 1 energy for a possible 90 or 120!! FREE RETREAT!!! Bring up that next beedrill and BAM! 90-120 for 1 energy! its awesome!!!

TheDarkTwins said:
That isnt entirely true about Blaziken. If you didnt play when Blaziken was very popular, (During the 03-04 & 04-05 Seasons) they you wouldnt know this. Alot of decks back then were Blaziken, and they usually went 4-2-3-2, 4-2-2-2, or 4-2-3-1. You have to remember we do have a nice card call Time-Space Distortion that will make Blaziken very playable. While I think that not having Phione is bad for this deck, Pachirisu will help it get started like Dunsparce did back then. I am not sure that it will be good enough to beat Gardy/Gallade, which is exactly the opposite of what happened the first time the RS/PK Blaziken/Gardevoir were legal. :D

JMO,
Drew

I've never seen a list with 2 Firestarter. Blaziken ex and 3 Firestarter was great because of the different names thing. Time-Space Distortion only does so much, because you need the Rare Candy and at least a Torchic and Blaziken to make it work. And yeah, Phione would have been really nice.

See, we can have good discussion here if people would just come over here more often and post (at the website where the news stories originally come from). :D Also, we are not in bed with POP, so we can do what we want!

The new cards are awesome. I can't wait to find out what it is on Wednesday, my birthday.;)

RE: Sunday, 1/27, More Great Encounters Scans, Pokemon Trainer SSBB Videos

Brawl is going to be the best game ever made in a very long time. Their effort will definitely pay off after they are done making the game. I can't wait until the new set is released in about 3 weeks. This will be a pretty good set.:)

Back