RSE/FRLG So the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary is coming soon

RE: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary Coming Soon

I think in honor of the 10 Year Anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon should come out with two special promo cards. They should create a really sick looking Groudon and Kyogre EX. Everyone would wanna throw those bad boys in the binder in a second! Well... I know I would.

Wait I didn't mean seasons in RS2 for the reasons you mentioned (tropical climate). I meant that certain areas could have a weather schedule. Like certain areas would rain every Monday and be very sunny on Friday.

As for the Game Corner, its been gone because of the "gambling". So why not replace it with an Arcade or something? Different name, similar concept but without "coins" since that's the problem.

frostwind said:
1. The new graphics could add a lot in the same space and its not uncommon for cities to expand over other areas like that.

When have they ever done that?

frostwind said:
2. I meant that Sootopolis could have areas to train in. Its a bit boring and they could make use of the space by making caves or something.

Open Cave of Origin before the Sootopolis Gym. Problem solved.

frostwind said:
3. AS far as a new town on an island, someone could just use a boat to get to different islands like Mr. Briney did in the first games.

Okay, but where would you have them start out in the mainland?

frostwind said:
The BW2 Pokedex had 300 pokemon in the Pokedex and I think that that's a good number. You can add tons of pokemon including Unova ones (I figure after 8 or so years, pokemon have migrated more). So this is the new pokemon I/we have come up with to make a total of 300 pokemon.

1. Mandatory Pokemon (9)
Gallade, Probopass, Chingling, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Frosslass

2. Non-Unova Pokemon (57)
No Evolutions: Rotom, Carnavine, Tauros, Lapras, Regigigas
1 Evolution: Snowver, Sneasel, Shellos, Hippototas, Yanma, Buizel, Lickitung,
Houndour, Munchlax, Mantyke, Gligar, Drifloon, Growlithe, Croagunk
2 Evolutions: Magby, Elekid, Gible, Shinx, Larvitar. Gastly,
7 Evolutions: Eevee

3. Unova Pokemon (31)
No Evolutions: Maractus, Almomola, Druddigon
1 Evolution: Drillbur, Darumaka, Dwebble, Scraggy, Deerling, Frillish, Joltik, Larvesta
2 Evolitions: Sandile, Gothita, Solosis, Vanillite, Tynamo

Version Exclusives:
Magby/Elekid, Sneasel/Gligar, Growlithe/Vulpix, Gothita/Solosis

This adds a ton of diversity in places like the desert, snow area above Mossdeep, ocean, and type differences.

Check your math here, because if I'm not mistaken, this adds up to 302 (304 if you count Jirachi and Deoxys). Aside from that, I'm not sure I like some of your choices (the Eevee line is fairly overused) but there aren't really any that I can say wouldn't really belong in the Hoenn Dex (for that matter, can anyone even say that?).

frostwind said:
The Elite Four benefits a ton from the new pokemon so I'm going to post my ideas here too:

1. Sidney (Dark) New Pokemon are Dark types that are red/black like Sidney and I think that Houndoom and Scrafty are very punk-like.
Absol / Crawdaunt / Shiftry / Houndoom / Scrafty

2. Phoebe (Ghost) New Pokemon are Dusknoir since that just makes sense and Jellicent since it's a Ghost and fits her island dress.
Dusknoir / Banette / Sableye / Jellicent (f) / Dusclops

3. Glacia (Ice) New Pokemon add more diversity to her team, with Froslass paralleling Glalie, and a Hail-based team
Walrein / Glalie / Froslass / Abomasnow / Glaceon

4. Drake (Dragon) New Pokemon are Garchomp and Druddigon which are much more rough looking and Garchomp is piratish.
Salamence / Flygon / Kingdra / Garchomp / Druddigon

Champion Wallace (Water) New Team is based off of the different Contest types but also more strong
Milotic (Beauty)
Gyrados (Cool)
Sharpedo (Tough)
Vaporeon (Cute)
Whiscash (Smart)
Ludicolo (...type diversity?)

With the new pokemon, each member gets more diversity in their teams which was one of the major problems with the game.

That's great and all, but who's to say the Elite 4 will stay exactly the same? Especially Wallace, they're not likely to reuse him (or Steven for that matter) as Champion since it's too predictable. The Champion is usually a surprise. The Champion of RS2 will probably either be a completely new character or another promoted Gym Leader/Elite 4 member.

frostwind said:
1. Randomized Weather (idea from a forum)
Weather was an important part of the game and could be used similarly to Seasons in BW.
Weather moves and abilities could influence each route and the weather would follow a weekly schedule.

I like this, and there's so much they could do with this. Like with seasons, they could have the weather affect routes. Rain could cause the area to flood, there'd be mud and puddles everywhere that could affect which areas would be accessible and which weren't. Snow could cause the water to freeze up and cause snow to pile up so you can explore higher areas (much like during the Winter in Unova). Sun could cause the water level to recede allowing you to explore more low lying areas. And just like seasons, weather could affect what Pokemon appear. There'd be more Grass and Fire types when it's sunny, more Water and Electric types when it's raining, and more Ice types when it's snowing. On top of that, the weather could also affect berry growth, making it easier or harder to grow berries based on the weather.

frostwind said:
2. Day/Night Cycle
This was essentially the biggest thing missing from the game.

And also they need to give Day/Night more of a point like they did in GSCHGSS and DPPt. Great, it's night now, how does that affect the region? Having Night only Pokemon, for instance, makes it more useful.

frostwind said:
3. Pokenav Upgrade
I think it should be more like the equivalent in Platinum with apps.

Agreed, the Poketch in Platinum was infinitely more useful than Pokegear and Pokenav combined. In addition to a lot of the most important apps from Platinum (Clock, Pedometer, Daycare Checker, Friendship Checker, Berry Searcher, Dowsing Machine) they could also have some new ones. They could expand the Link Searcher app to be more like the C Gear, also add in Vs. Seeker as one. And tying in with the weather idea, they could have some sort of weather app that gives you a weather report for the entire region and also a 5 day forecast for the area you're currently in.

frostwind said:
4. Old Items
Things like the VS Seeker and PokeRadar just need to come back.

Yes to Vs. Seeker, that's something that never should've been removed in the first place, but Pokeradar doesn't really have much use anymore, seeing as it's been replaced by Shaking Spots.

frostwind said:
5. Contests
The contests should be kept pretty much the same but enhanced with the new graphics and possibly 3D.

As long as it's like RSE and not DPPt.

frostwind said:
6. Safari Zone
It would have a similar layout to Pal Park with different areas added post-game for even more pokemon.

The Safari Zone was fine the way it was in Emerald, quite frankly. They can certainly change which Pokemon are catchable there, though.

frostwind said:
7. Battle Frontier
The one from Gen. 4 was a ton better than the one in Gen. 3 so I think it should be replaced, along with things like the Area Challenge.

I'd kinda like it to be a mix of different things. First of all, it has to be explorable like it was in Emerald. As for facilities, I'm thinking maybe:

Battle Tower
Battle Factory
Battle Arena
Battle Hall
PWT

and maybe some other stuff too.

frostwind said:
8. Secret Bases
Enough said.

Agreed, they were a neat little diversion. I highly doubt this'll happen, but it'd be nice if Secret Bases were more like design an entire level instead of decorating a room. So you would have control over the size and shape of the area, could put in puzzles and stuff, etc.

PikabooPikachu said:
I personally think a hybrid of the Pokenav and a C-Gear would be better. Kind of like a C-Gear that has apps like the Pokenavs in DPP do. Maybe something that you could slide the screen of the nav/gear to see more apps, or maybe just little icons you could tap to go to the app, instead of having only a forward botton (and then it causes you to get mad when you went past the app you wanted and having to go threw all the apps again.... (>_<) ) I think they'll keep Global Link and Dream World for these games, snice they've put alot of work into. They just wouldn't throw it away.
So then there'd need to be an app for that, bringing the C-Gear into the nav.

Oh sure, I definitely don't see any of the C-Gear's features going away anytime soon.

PikabooPikachu said:
This area could introduce Pokémon that you can't catch normally form Honenn (meaning like newer Pokémon from DPP and BW).

They did exactly that in Emerald, after you got the National Dex, two new areas of the Safari Zone opened up where you could catch several 2nd gen families that otherwise were usually only available in Colosseum/XD (Houndour, Mareep, Shuckle, Wooper, Remoraid, Aipom, Hoothoot, Sunker, Stantler, Snubbull, Gligar, Spinarak, Ledyba, Teddiursa, Pineco, and Miltank). Again, I don't see them removing that section, but they probably will change which Pokemon are available there.

I want the fame seeker to come back, thought that was great :D

The Fame Checker from FRLG? That was a rather pointless feature, just about the only thing it's good for is keeping track of plot points (which FRLG had few).

frostwind said:
As for the Game Corner, its been gone because of the "gambling". So why not replace it with an Arcade or something? Different name, similar concept but without "coins" since that's the problem.

I like this idea, maybe something with no-risk games like Voltorb Flip, that'd be cool.

Wariopower said:
I think in honor of the 10 Year Anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon should come out with two special promo cards. They should create a really sick looking Groudon and Kyogre EX. Everyone would wanna throw those bad boys in the binder in a second! Well... I know I would.

I think they should do the 3 Deoxys forms since I doubt we will get them all :) I always thought they should do the other forms as promos so we could get them. Like do Land Forme Shaymin or Origin Forme Giratina. I think that would be cool.

Anyway, I've got some ideas of my own that I'd like to share with you guys:

1. New Hoenn Dex:

New evolutions (9): Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir, Chingling, Rhyperior, Froslass

1st and 2nd gen additions (39): Growlithe, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Ditto, Hoothoot, Wooper, Mareep, Sunkern, Yanma, Pineco, Gligar, Teddirusa, Shuckle, Sneasel, Remoraid, Mantine, Houndour, Larvitar

4th gen additions (20): Cherubi, Buizel, Shellos, Drifloon, Spiritomb, Gible, Hippopotas, Croagunk, Carnivine, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy

5th gen additions (43): Blitzle, Petilil, Sandile, Dwebble, Darumaka, Scraggy, Emolga, Vanillite, Frillish, Alomomola, Joltik, Ferroseed, Tynamo, Litwick, Cubchoo, Mienfoo, Druddigon, Stunfisk, Vullaby, Larvesta, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus

Version exclusives: Growlithe/Vulpix, Electabuzz/Magmar, Pineco/Ferroseed, Tornadus/Thundurus

That would give us a Hoenn Dex of 304 with 300 non-event Pokemon and 4 event Pokemon (Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, and Manaphy).

As for Gym Leader rosters, let me try based on my idea for how we might progress through the region starting from Littleroot Town (note that this assumes none of the Gym Leaders have changed):

Norman:
Zigzagoon
Slakoth

Norman (Challenge mode):
Zigzagoon
Hoothoot
Slakoth

Norman (post game rematch):
Linoone
Kangaskhan
Exploud
Zangoose
Ursaring
Slaking

Roxanne:
Dwebble
Geodude
Nosepass

Roxanne (Challenge mode):
Dwebble
Geodude
Aron
Nosepass

Roxanne (post game rematch):
Crustle
Gigalith
Aggron
Probopass
Aerodactyl
Tyranitar

Flannery:
Slugma
Numel
Houndour
Torkoal

Flannery (Challenge Mode):
Slugma
Numel
Vulpix
Torkoal
Houndoom

Flannery (post game rematch):
Magcargo
Torkoal
Darmanitan
Arcanine
Ninetales
Camerupt

Wattson:
Raichu
Electabuzz
Galvantula
Manectric

Wattson (Challenge Mode):
Emolga
Raichu
Electabuzz
Galvantula
Manectric

Wattson (post game rematch):
Raichu
Electrode
Galvantula
Magnezone
Manectric
Electivire

Brawly:
Croagunk
Machoke
Medicham
Hariyama

Brawly (Challenge Mode):
Croagunk
Machoke
Scrafty
Medicham
Hariyama

Brawly (post game rematch):
Poliwrath
Heracross
Machamp
Toxicroak
Medicham
Hariyama

Winona:
Swellow
Skarmory
Drifblim
Altaria

Winona (Challenge mode):
Swellow
Gliscor
Skarmory
Drifblim
Altaria

Winona (post game rematch):
Swellow
Skarmory
Drifblim
Braviary
Archeops
Altaria

Tate/Liza:
Solrock/Lunatone
Gallade/Gardevoir

Tate/Liza (Challenge mode):
Solrock/Lunatone
Xatu/Claydol
Gallade/Gardevoir

Juan:
Luvdisc
Mantine
Crawdaunt
Walrein
Kingdra

Juan (Challenge Mode):
Luvdisc
Mantine
Crawdaunt
Gastrodon
Walrein
Kingdra

Juan (post game rematch):
Kingler
Mantine
Crawdaunt
Carracosta
Walrein
Kingdra

Sidney:
Mightyena
Absol
Sharpedo
Weavile
Scrafty

Sidney (Challenge mode):
Mightyena
Absol
Sharpedo
Mandibuzz
Weavile
Scrafty

Sidney (post game rematch):
Absol
Sharpedo
Drapion
Zoroark
Weavile
Scrafty

Phoebe:
Banette
Chandelure
Drifblim
Dusknoir
Jellicent

Phoebe (Challenge mode):
Banette
Spiritomb
Chandelure
Driblim
Dusknoir
Jellicent

Phoebe (post game rematch):
Mismagius
Cofagrigus
Chandelure
Drifblim
Dusknoir
Jellicent

Glacia:
Glalie
Vanilluxe
Beartic
Walrein
Froslass

Glacia (Challenge Mode):
Glalie
Vanilluxe
Beartic
Weavile
Walrein
Froslass

Glacia (post game rematch):
Cloyster
Vanilluxe
Beartic
Mamoswine
Abomasnow
Froslass

Drake:
Druddigon
Altaria
Kingdra
Salamence
Garchomp

Drake (Challenge Mode):
Druddigon
Altaria
Flygon
Kingdra
Salamence
Garchomp

Drake (post game rematch):
Druddigon
Kingdra
Dragonite
Salamence
Hydreigon
Garchomp

Wallace:
Gyarados
Tentacruel
Waillord
Jellicent
Lapras
Milotic

Steven:
Mawile
Magnezone
Skarmory
Ferrothorn
Aggron
Metagross

Steven (post game rematch):
Skarmory
Ferrothorn
Aggron
Bastiodon
Excadrill
Metagross

Aside from that, here are some other ideas I had in mind (besides those discussed earlier):

-Instead of having two different bikes that you have to switch between, the bike is now upgradable. You start out with a regular bike like in every other game, but as the game progresses, you gain Mach Bike functionality that allows you to bike up sandy slopes and across cracked floors like you could in the original. As you get even further in the game, you gain Acro Bike functionality that allows you to do bunny hops. You still get the Mach Bike's incredible speed, though, so at that point it's like the Mach Bike and Acro Bike combined.
-DW is accessible once you get to Rustboro City, naturally (remember the guy in Devon Corporation wanted to study the dreams of Pokemon? Yeah, funny that came true two generations later).
-Vs. Seeker now functions in caves and gyms, allowing you to rematch trainers in those areas (also used for gym rematches).
-Give Scorched Slab some kind of use, please. It's such a pointless area.
-Easy Mode and Challenge Mode can be chosen from the beginning of the game.

That's about all I can think of ATM.

1. I mean cities expanding on to previously rural/unused areas. Cities can just grow and take over land.

2. Just start off in Littleroot. Guess it's not really needed but its pretty easy to just use one of the nearby unused islands and have some character ship you across. Looking at the map, there isn't too much of a distance.

3. I'll check the math in a second. I think the Eevee line is a neccesity (but I'm completely bias because I love them). I think they are decent enough pokemon and the evolutions can be used by people like Gym Leaders of Elite Four for variety.

4. Well I can see Drake being replaced, but I think the Elite Four is fine as is, once you give them some more diverse teams. I guess Wallace could be replaced, but I just added in a team just because I think that one based on Contests would be cool.

5. Yes yes yes on the berry growth part and pokemon showing up in different areas based on weather. It also makes Castform and the TV reporters more important. And if something like Groudon or Kyogre shows up again, I'm expecting mass panic everywhere.

6. Yeah contests need to be just like in RSE. Everything else was just not needed.

7. I like the idea of having a mix.

Battle Tower, Battle Factory, Battle Arena, Battle Hall, and Battle Arcade seem like the best to me. Then PWT, Unity Tower, and the Area Challenge could be added. The island should just be completely dedicated to battle areas.

Just some other ideas I have until I can make it more neat:

Steven: Metagross / Aggron / Lucario / Excadrill / Skarmory / Steelix

Excadrill plays off of the whole digging for gems thing and Lucario just seems like a cool type Pokemon that special trainers would use.

Also, I really liked the ideas with the bike and DW at Rustboro.

frostwind said:
Wait I didn't mean seasons in RS2 for the reasons you mentioned (tropical climate). I meant that certain areas could have a weather schedule. Like certain areas would rain every Monday and be very sunny on Friday.

Oh I see. That would make alot more sense xD That would be pretty cool.

frostwind said:
Bolt the Cat said:
I like this idea, maybe something with no-risk games like Voltorb Flip, that'd be cool.

An arcade would be pretty cool. I could see them doing a Street Fighter knock off with Machamp and other fighting pokemon, taking one of the Dream World games to put into the arcade, having a "racing" type game (kind of a mini version of Pokemon Dash?), they could have some of the games that are similiar (or just remakes) to the games they made for the Pokemon mini, or they could give the pokemon snap fans something to enjoy like Snap machine. And instead of having to buy coins, you could find a points card in the trash (kind of like the points cards you have to use at Dave and Buster's if you ever been there) were you have to put points onto the card to play the games. Then you can use the points to trade in for prizes. But as far as something like Voltorb Flip... Please no. I never really cared for the game. But that's just me; I know some people liked it.

Bolt the Cat said:
PikabooPikachu said:
This area could introduce Pokémon that you can't catch normally form Honenn (meaning like newer Pokémon from DPP and BW).

They did exactly that in Emerald, after you got the National Dex, two new areas of the Safari Zone opened up where you could catch several 2nd gen families that otherwise were usually only available in Colosseum/XD (Houndour, Mareep, Shuckle, Wooper, Remoraid, Aipom, Hoothoot, Sunker, Stantler, Snubbull, Gligar, Spinarak, Ledyba, Teddiursa, Pineco, and Miltank). Again, I don't see them removing that section, but they probably will change which Pokemon are available there.

Really? I never knew Emerald did that. But something along those lines was what I was thinking about.

Bolt the Cat said:
Aside from that, here are some other ideas I had in mind (besides those discussed earlier):

-Instead of having two different bikes that you have to switch between, the bike is now upgradable. You start out with a regular bike like in every other game, but as the game progresses, you gain Mach Bike functionality that allows you to bike up sandy slopes and across cracked floors like you could in the original. As you get even further in the game, you gain Acro Bike functionality that allows you to do bunny hops. You still get the Mach Bike's incredible speed, though, so at that point it's like the Mach Bike and Acro Bike combined.

I like this idea! But instead of getting stuck with one bike upgarde and then the other, you should be to pick which one you get first.
Just an idea, I was thinking instead of picking or getting an upgrade thrust apon you, the guy at the bike shop could have you go on a mini mission or you have to defeat him in a battle in order to get the upgrade. Just an idea.

I'll respond to your comments later when I'm at a computer (I'm on my 3DS which can't copy/paste which makes it hard to respond to smaller parts of your post), but for now, I have some more ideas:

-Altering Cave (a new cave in Emerald on Rt. 103 that was only really used to get exclusive Pokemon through E-reader) is a normal cave now, and is accessible from the Oldale Town side of Rt. 103 by a new footbridge while the path to Rt. 110 is still blocked (this would be done so you have something to use against Norman).
-Rt. 111 has its own patch of grass for more Pokemon. The desert is now a separate area, which I'm naming Charcoal Desert (due to its proximity to Mt. Chimney)
-Mirage Tower has sunk into the sand and is now progressed from top to bottom.
-Fly can now be used in the same way it can in Guardian Signs, i.e. you can explore the skies above Hoenn and catch wild Pokemon in patches of clouds (would include anything that can fly: Swellow, Pelipper, Skarmory, Altaria, etc.).
-More version exclusives:
Magmar/Electabuzz (reversed from whatnI said earlier), Petilil/Sunkern, Sableye/Mawile (reversed from RS1), Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise
-Zangoose/Seviper no longer version exclusives
-Pokemon distribution ideas:

Pineco/Ferrothorn- Petalburg Woods, Rt. 117
Gligar- Rt. 111-114, Charcoal Desert
Larvitar- Rt. 111, 113
Drifloon- Mt. Pyre Summit
Spiritomb- Mt. Pyre
Gible- Desert Underpass
Hippopotas- Charcoal Desert, Mirage Tower, Desert Underpass
Sandile- Charcoal Desert, Mirage Tower, Desert Underpass
Dwebble- Rt. 104, 115
Darumaka- Rt. 112, Fiery Path, Magma Hideout, Charcoal Desert, Mirage Tower
Scraggy- Rt. 111, 112, 115, Granite Cave
Tynamo- Seafloor Cavern
Litwick- Mt. Pyre
Mienfoo- Granite Cave, Sky Pillar
Druddigon- Sky Pillar
Vullaby- Rt. 111-113, Jagged Pass
Larvesta- given as an Egg in Lavaridge Town
Ralts- Altering Cave
Abra- Altering Cave
Budew- Rt. 102-104, 116, 117, Petalburg Woods
Zangoose- Safari Zone (Safari Zone in RS1 only has 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon, why not throw some 3rd gen into the mix)
Seviper- Safari Zone
Baltoy- Mirage Tower
Feebas- available through several Fishing Spots: Rt. 103, 114, 117-120
Kecleon- Safari Zone
Shuppet- Abandoned Ship, Mt. Pyre
Duskull- Abandoned Ship, Mt. Pyre
Chingling- Rusturf Tunnel, Meteor Falls
Absol- Mt. Pyre Summit
Phanpy- Rt. 111
Rhyhorn- Rt. 111
Bagon- Sky Pillar
Beldum- Meteor Falls

(I'll add more when I get to a computer)

Why not just make Feebas available in every body of water like Magikarp since it can apparentally live anywhere? To keep it almost impossibly rare, it we can have a 1% chance of finding it with an Old Rod, a 2% chance with a Good Rod, and a 5% chance with a Super Rod. Prism scales could be rare underwater items.

I'm thinking that we have to many pseudo-legendaries. Hoenn already has Salamence and Metagross so I think Garchomp would be more than enough.

Also Petili is supposed to parallel Cottonee I think.

evilpacman said:
I think they should do the 3 Deoxys forms since I doubt we will get them all :) I always thought they should do the other forms as promos so we could get them. Like do Land Forme Shaymin or Origin Forme Giratina. I think that would be cool.

That would actually be pretty cool! Any set of cards that lines up with a game or movie release or anniversary, Pokemon are always great grabs, considering their existents is based upon a rare event itself! Perhaps throw them into a new B&W set, or further? Ideas to ponder! :)

frostwind said:
1. I mean cities expanding on to previously rural/unused areas. Cities can just grow and take over land.

Well again, there's no where for most of the bigger cities to expand that isn't already being used. Rustboro could maybe add some docks on the west side of town, but that's about it, they can't expand north, south, or east without taking away from the surrounding routes. And Mauville is completely surrounded, there's routes on all four sides hindering its growth.

PikabooPikachu said:
An arcade would be pretty cool. I could see them doing a Street Fighter knock off with Machamp and other fighting pokemon, taking one of the Dream World games to put into the arcade, having a "racing" type game (kind of a mini version of Pokemon Dash?), they could have some of the games that are similiar (or just remakes) to the games they made for the Pokemon mini, or they could give the pokemon snap fans something to enjoy like Snap machine. And instead of having to buy coins, you could find a points card in the trash (kind of like the points cards you have to use at Dave and Buster's if you ever been there) were you have to put points onto the card to play the games. Then you can use the points to trade in for prizes. But as far as something like Voltorb Flip... Please no. I never really cared for the game. But that's just me; I know some people liked it.

The minigame ideas are really neat, but the Points Card doesn't really solve the gambling problem, because you still have to pay to put points on. The only way I can see it working is if they're free to play. And I liked the Voltorb Flip, it was really fun and had an essence of strategy to it unlike the slots.

PikabooPikachu said:
Really? I never knew Emerald did that. But something along those lines was what I was thinking about.

Yep, so there's no need to add anything to the Safari Zone really, all they really need to do is change which Pokemon are there. Instead of all 2nd gen Pokemon, it'd be a mix of 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen Pokemon.

PikabooPikachu said:
I like this idea! But instead of getting stuck with one bike upgarde and then the other, you should be to pick which one you get first.
Just an idea, I was thinking instead of picking or getting an upgrade thrust apon you, the guy at the bike shop could have you go on a mini mission or you have to defeat him in a battle in order to get the upgrade. Just an idea.

The problem with that is it affects which areas you can visit during certain points of the storyline. You can't really explore Mirage Tower or Sky Pillar without the Mach Bike, nor can you explore Jagged Pass without the Acro Bike (without using the Cable Car, but I intend for you to be able to get to Lavaridge without it and explore Mt. Chimney later when you're dealing with Team Magma, so that would mean you would need it to get to Mt. Chimney in the storyline). It wouldn't really be fair if you could pick one and get the other later if you need it to get to a certain area in the storyline.

frostwind said:
Why not just make Feebas available in every body of water like Magikarp since it can apparentally live anywhere? To keep it almost impossibly rare, it we can have a 1% chance of finding it with an Old Rod, a 2% chance with a Good Rod, and a 5% chance with a Super Rod. Prism scales could be rare underwater items.

Fishing spots serve the same purpose, plus they're more in line with how Feebas was caught originally in 3rd and 4th gen. I see no need to change that. As for the Prism Scale, that'd be cool if items could infinitely respawn underwater, if not, they should just have a Pokemon hold it.

frostwind said:
I'm thinking that we have to many pseudo-legendaries. Hoenn already has Salamence and Metagross so I think Garchomp would be more than enough.

BW2 had Tyranitar, Metagross, Haxorus, and Hydreigon, so this should be fine as long as we keep them rare enough. Although if you must get rid of something, I say Tyranitar, it doesn't really seem to fit the Hoenn region that well.

Bolt the Cat said:
frostwind said:

Well again, there's no where for most of the bigger cities to expand that isn't already being used. Rustboro could maybe add some docks on the west side of town, but that's about it, they can't expand north, south, or east without taking away from the surrounding routes. And Mauville is completely surrounded, there's routes on all four sides hindering its growth.

35ix8u8.png

This is 3DS screen size btw.
I tried to just put RSEs Hoenn where it belongs, but of course were they to do a new Hoenn based game, they could tweak it in any way they like.

They could add towns for example on that lonely island, or below Lilycove, they could spread Fallarbor and Rustboro further apart and add a town on the shore somewhere near meteor falls, and if they wanted more populated islands, they could always drag even more of the ryukshu islands into this map aynwhere in that big ocean part. (note: the islands you see on this are not in these places originally but spread further to the right).

Particularly Mauville can grow twice its size towards the southeast.

I'm kind of on the fence about them just making sequels to Ruby and Sapphire instead of remakes. I mean why not just take the story after finishing the games to another region like Johto I know this is a poor excuse but the Embedded Tower is connected to the Hoenn Region or Sinnoh which somehow makes better sense with the connection in there legends that have to do with creation like Kyogre/Dialga created the Sea/Time and Groudon/Palkia the Land/Space and Rayquaza/Giratina with Sky/Antimatter oh yeah and Regigigas and the other Regi's I know for a fact that Kanto is a big fat NO in my books.

Ruby and Sapphire deserves a freakin parade across America, in my opinion. But that's my opinion. I must admit, I got really butthurt when I read some of you guys said it wasn't that special of a game. That was the very first pokemon game that I could call mine. Previously I had played my brother's Red version, but he would just take it and reset it whenever he got home from school. That wasn't fun. But then, Christmas 2002, I got my first GBA, which was also my first handheld ever. After luling around on Yoshi's Island for a couple of months, spring break came around and my mother took my brother and I to Toys R Us. She said that she heard a new Pokemon game came out and wanted to spoil us for having good grades all year. My brother and I didn't open our boxes until we got home, and we were s**ting brix at how amazing this game was. We must have been playing until like 3 in the morning(pretty late for a 3rd and 4th grader.) Anyways, that game was the first pokemon game that I could call mine. My best friend and I played that game nonstop until he moved to Florida(I still pick it up in my 10 year old GBA for old times sake,) which is why it is even more special to me. I must say, that time period was my favorite part of my childhood. And video related: Memories - Weezer

I think that a ruby/sapphire remake will be the next game they is released. Just look at the pattern of how the games come out, it would make sense. But then again a Pokemon Grey would have made sense too, and instead we got sequels to black and white. So who knows?

I think Ruby and Sapphire are the worst main series games. That's just my opinion though, wouldn't mind a remake.

Kyle said:
I think that a ruby/sapphire remake will be the next game they is released. Just look at the pattern of how the games come out, it would make sense. But then again a Pokemon Grey would have made sense too, and instead we got sequels to black and white. So who knows?

Gamefreak developes games according to what makes sense to develop next, not according to some seemingly emerging pattern of their past releases.

"omg we have to make remakes because of the pattern" - no one said that at gamefreak co.

Back