SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

They probably do a lot of damage, but I highly doubt one hit is an OHKO. I know what I'll be doing once I have Snake ready to do his Final Smash. Shooting grenades like crazy. Yeah. ;)

dmaster out.

Check out Snake's Final Smash if you have not seen it yet. It looks cool but I don't think it will be that strong though.:)

Check out the special moves of Pikmin and Olimar.Each Pikimin has its own specialty

That was kinda suspected because each Pikmin has a different power in the Pikmin games.

I thought for sure we were going to see this update yesterday.

I've never played Pikmin, so when I saw there was a new challenger and saw the emblem, I had no idea it was Captain Olimar.

He looks like a fun character to play as. I'll definitely be giving him a try.

I think as a boss they're gonna add either Emperor Bulblax or Empress Bulblax, maybe even a couple of Pileated Snagrets. Too bad he only has one offensive special move, but it'll be fun to see the different things Pikmin could do. Imagine throwing 6 white pikmin at them. :). The game comes out in Feb. 10 in America. Can't wait.

Olimar brings a new, very interesting mechanic to the game, but I really doubt he'll be easy to use. With only 1 offensive B-move (or maybe the chain does damage, although I really can't imagine it to be a powerful attack) and a chance of losing your offensive ability when you're out of Pikmin, he'll probably be a novelty character which will probably only be used by people who really like it or when playing out the subspace emissary/adventure mode, I can always be wrong, though.

The mechanic itself is awesome, though, using Pikmin to beat up our opponent, each with their own effect seems fun :)

well, it's not what i had in mind, but still i'm partially vorrect (well, we all knew it but still:p)
his special attacks some smash attacks and some airborne attacks require pikmin^^ and each pikmin has a different effect^^
i knew it; although it was very obvious^^

greets,
psycho

Well his special moves were released today, when they should've been yesterday, but it was well worth the wait.

He's got 5 different Pikmin that do different moves and they follow behind in order. He cna pluck them from the ground, which I believe is his only way to get them back after they're gone. If you have a lot, you can recover from a large distance. The colors must be from the game, but with only throwing them as the attack, his Final Smash better be dang good. I can't wait until they reveal that.

dmaster out.

hey check out picture three of snake's FS where it says "chopp choppa choppa"
i guess those tight pants let him move faster and stronger.
Omar FS will probably be like a swarm of pikmin that throw people of the edge real far.

I knew that he would be able to pluck up Pikmin, I just knew it.

It's great how each Pikmin type has different abilities and stuff; that varies things up a bit. I agree, Olimar does bring a whole new fun mechanic to the game, and I'll greatly enjoy playing as him.

d master3429137501376 said:
The colors must be from the game, but with only throwing them as the attack, his Final Smash better be dang good.

Actually, I don't think throwing them is the only attack you can do with them. Look at the screenshot in the lower left-hand corner of the update where Olimar was announced. You see?

Wow Olimar and Pikmin as a playable character? SO FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!!! Depending on the hidden characters, so far im going to play as Olimar the most. So does this mean Luigi wont be in Brawl?

No it doesn't. Why would you even think that?

Well because I dont know if there going to put any more characters in. Besides the hidden characters :(. Man I played as him the most in the past two games and he better be in this one. Maybe he is a hidden character?

Togeshroob said:
I knew that he would be able to pluck up Pikmin, I just knew it.

It's great how each Pikmin type has different abilities and stuff; that varies things up a bit. I agree, Olimar does bring a whole new fun mechanic to the game, and I'll greatly enjoy playing as him.

d master3429137501376 said:
The colors must be from the game, but with only throwing them as the attack, his Final Smash better be dang good.

Actually, I don't think throwing them is the only attack you can do with them. Look at the screenshot in the lower left-hand corner of the update where Olimar was announced. You see?

Don't do the extra number thing again. I don't change other people's names when I quote, so please stop.

In that particular screenshot, Olimar seems to be throwing Pikmin in Space. Either that, or it's his FS. 0_o

dmaster out.

I wonder if the final boss of Pikmin will be a boss in the Subspace Emissary. That would be cool if they did that.:)

I already posted earlier that Emperor Bulblax would probably be a boss for Subspace Emissary, maybe even Empress Bulblax.

I did not see your post. Sorry I posted about it 2 times.:)EDIT. Check out Pikmin and Olimar's Final Smash. It looks pretty cool.:)

What? It's Saturday. There shouldn't be an update today...

The Picmin line looks funny. I just no I'm gonna be tempted to start a Dr. Olimar match with my freinds XD

Back