SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Has anyone else seen what xxashxx claims to have seen? Is today really the first update on a Saturday in the history of the Dojo (which would be pretty cool, considering it's today)? Or is he merely mistaken somehow?

No, I still see the update from yesterday. Mabye he means snake's final smash?

There is no update at the Dojo dated Saturday. There has never been. The most recent update is dated Jan. 11 Fri. 2008.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Has anyone else seen what xxashxx claims to have seen? Is today really the first update on a Saturday in the history of the Dojo (which would be pretty cool, considering it's today)? Or is he merely mistaken somehow?

No I dont. Wonder what he is really talking about?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...

But I'll bet that we'll see Olimar's Final Smash sometime next week.

I bet it's going to be something like: ALOT of Pikmin appear and they all fling constantly at the target with alot of power. There isn't much that you can expect them to do even though they've done alot of creative things.

There is no Saturday Update, xxashxx. That picture where mulitiple players are playing as Olimar and have a ton of Pikmin looks supremely chaotic. I, as well as others, believe he probably won't be seen in competitive play, just for fun, creative battles.

dmaster out.

Well Capt. Olimar also introduces a cool new flower symbol. I think his FS is gonna be like the end of Pikmin 1 all the Onions come and land on the field(Sometimes on the opponent) Then hundreds of different color Pikmin come out and just run around the field like the little cute things based on Pikpik carrots they are. Does anyone else realize the planet the Pikmin come from is Earth? Is there gonna be a Pikmin 3? You know what would be cool for a Pikmin 3? A boss that's a human. Like the Manatlegs.

I actually wish Pikmin 3 would be released on the Wii, but there's no confirmations or announcements, sorry.

dmaster out.

Ya with Olimar joining it does raised questions of the new stage design.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
What? It's Saturday. There shouldn't be an update today...

It was probably yesterdays post but I was not able to post about it the night before like I usually do. Sorry if you have seen it already then disregard my post.:)

d master342 said:
There is no Saturday Update, xxashxx. That picture where mulitiple players are playing as Olimar and have a ton of Pikmin looks supremely chaotic. I, as well as others, believe he probably won't be seen in competitive play, just for fun,, creative battles.

dmaster out.

Oh yeah? Well your wrong because I will be using him there. This wont be like pokemon. There are no EV's here. It will be all about strategy. Not about the moves. Yes you will have to play pretty decent but just because he might not seem the best doesnt mean he wont be good.

He will not be seen in competitive play, period. He just a fun character like the Pokemon Trainer. Please don't bash my personal opinion, Olimar is just for fun, there is nothing groundbreaking about him. Besides, his moves and the way he attacks.

dmaster out.

hey dmaster, having tons of little pikmin attached to you can be bad. don't underestimate Olimar until you know he's bad. You never know, his FS might be beastly.

Draekfist said:
hey dmaster, having tons of little pikmin attached to you can be bad. don't underestimate Olimar until you know he's bad. You never know, his FS might be beastly.

Thank you for saying that. But yeah dont bash the awsome Olimar and Pikmin. You cant say he wont appear in online play. He could be the best out of all the characters. Also people like me wont care about competetive play. If I win I win, if I lose I lose. But I would rather lose using the character I liked than win with the character that I hated. But hey thats just my opinion. Olimar and Pikmin FTW!!!

Challenge mode looks pretty cool. I wonder if you can get trophies this way too as well as other items.:)

Nice update. This is also from Kirby Air Ride. I do think it is definitely more fun knowing what goals you must reach before you get a certain reward, rather then just guessing, "Is everything unlocked yet?"

Weird, Sakurai quit because of lack of "originality", and now he's using the same concept he used in air ride again, what's wrong with him lately? He's still one of the best game designers to date in my opinion, though.

BTW, Birdo officially confirmed as assist trophy / part of a stage / playable charater (yeah, right :F), not that we didn't see it coming, but still :O

Yep, this way we can see what trophies and the like we need to unlock. Now I don't have to keep my personal list. :O

I said his attacks were groundbreaking, I just don't think they're that good.

dmaster out.

Back