SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Mewtwo is a bit to slow...He strong and everything but you can move very fast.

Anyone else think it's very odd that they spoiled all of Sheik's special moves, as well as her Final Smash, at the bottom of the page? And this is the first bit of official info on Zelda we've ever had?

You guys are nuts. Why is everyone saying that Young Link will be scrapped? Keep in mind the sheer abundance of items in the Zelda series, and the fact that every recent Zelda game aside from Twilight Princess (and cross-bow training) has used Young Link as the character. In my eyes his chances of appearing are equal to that of Luigi's.

Well I consider Young Link alot better than normal Link is. If anyone should be in it should be Young Link but It all started with Link so they're going to put Link in before Young Link every time.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Anyone else think it's very odd that they spoiled all of Sheik's special moves, as well as her Final Smash, at the bottom of the page? And this is the first bit of official info on Zelda we've ever had?

They did that for every charactor I've never played Pikmin before so what is "End of Day"? (Omilar's Final Smash)

Oh, I see what you mean now. Well, this further proves Zelda's Final Smash as the Light Arrow, and I have no idea what End of Day could possibly be either.

Ike's down B is Counter. Hm....

I think adding a 2nd Link and not giving him bombs, arrows or boomerangs just for the sake of adding another link is stupid, they might as well put some effort into adding a completely new character then...
I know he's different from adult link, but the same reasoning goes for "why not add Pichu and give him charm, thunder wave, charge beam, iron tail as B-moves and a bunch of Pichus appearing and attacking as final smash", and believe me, that's just plain stupid. BTW, wouldn't we rather see a different Link character, I donno, Minda or something, instead of just adding Link again, but this time with diapers?

BTW, if cell-shaded Link is in, Paper Mario so has to be in...

Also, no, it's not like Luigi, Luigi is Mario's brother. Young Link appearing would be similar to, I donno, baby Mario appearing (don't say it), but Luigi and Mario have been very unalike ever since the Mario Bros. Games started getting better graphics :p
BTW, not adding Young Like = a few people being upset and ending up playing Link anyways
Luigi not being in = Suicide attempts by some die-hard Nintendo fan-boys.

Sheik, oh, well, I can't say I'm surprised at all, because I'm not, but there's 1 little thing: "Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game." Why did they not use it? :(

Silver said:
Mewtwo is a bit to slow...He strong and everything but you can move very fast.

...WHAT?!
I'd say he was the EXACT OPPOSITE. He was extremely fragile and his physical attacks were bad, but he was speedy, had a great jump and could attack from a distant. Teleport can confuse alot of enemys, giving his enough range to fire shadow ball, I dunno, anything. After a bit of darting around the arena a quick throw could finish them of.

Sheik :/, knew it was gonna happen.
I'm waiting for a nice pokemon character and Whispy woods/darroach.[/i][/b]

@ Spoon: If they included Zero Suit Samus then the chances of Young Link appearing are pretty much certain. I will officially eat my metaphorical hat if he ain't, you know.

ZS Samus is Samus, it's not a different character :S
She transforms using here Final Smash, are you not at all looking at the updates? :O

And link's B-moves and FS are revealed, none of them evolve transforming (no wolf transformation :( ...), so I don't see how it could even be close to similar...

Cell-shaded link could be in as alternative costume for link, MAYBE, but I highly doubt it.

If they did add Young Link, would he have a TP make over?

Eevee Master said:
i like young link, but they have to de-clone-ify him if they put him in the game.

it is pretty easy to:

A attacks are all with the sword

B^ Grapling Hook, or Deku Leaf
B<> Megaton Hammer
Bv Pegasis boots or Bombchu
B Slingshot

and that stinks, another delay =[

I know I am not apart of this club, but I just wanted to say that these people that have made this game are going to make me do something that I don't want to do. They have been making some changes in the game to make us suffer. I bet you that the changes aren't even good ones! They need to bring it back to Feb. 10 because I wanted to get the game before my birthday, but now I have to wait 10 days after to get it. I am SOOOOO MAD!!

Sheik is confirmed as Zelda's Down move, which is really cool. It is the first time that I've seen any Zelda news, but all the attacks for everyone are now completely spoiled. They're just trying to make up for the delay, which is not good at a marketing standpoint.

They could make Young Link look like Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass look. That would bring some new moves.

dmaster out.

you know how in melee they didnt just have pikachu, they had mewtwo, pichu, and jigglypuff to? I wonder if brawl will have other pokemon charachters, like darkrai (i doubt it)

bubba235 said:
I know I am not apart of this club, but I just wanted to say that these people that have made this game are going to make me do something that I don't want to do. They have been making some changes in the game to make us suffer. I bet you that the changes aren't even good ones! They need to bring it back to Feb. 10 because I wanted to get the game before my birthday, but now I have to wait 10 days after to get it. I am SOOOOO MAD!!

Which would make you more mad? An uncomplete game, or waiting longer to have a complete game? Anyways Sheik was kinda obvious. But still, good update.

For those of you who are wondering why the grey thing label under the sheik is, every charecter haa it, including zelda, so we know her movesets without an update.

Yeah, they recently added that, IIRC. I would rather have a game with bugs and people disappointed with it then a game that's good and people are even more disappointed. That's just my take, though.

dmaster out.

c-m: Please do not spam or try to start a flame war, if you don't like a game, don't post in a thread about that game or give a DECENT reason why you hate it. Also, saying you're glad a game go delayed because you hate it is not only silly, it's also very selfish.

Consider this a warning.

Back