SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Pokemon Noobiepie said:
I'm so glad that SSB got delayed!
Anyways I hate SSB since I suck at it.

You hate a game becaues your not good at it? Kinda wierd if you ask me. Im not glad it got delayed.

bacon said:
You guys are nuts. Why is everyone saying that Young Link will be scrapped? Keep in mind the sheer abundance of items in the Zelda series, and the fact that every recent Zelda game aside from Twilight Princess (and cross-bow training) has used Young Link as the character. In my eyes his chances of appearing are equal to that of Luigi's.

He will be scrapped because he is a clone of link but weaker. I don't think it is possible for him to be in the game this time.:) EDIT Check out Olimar's Final Smash. It looks pretty cool and does more damage when more players are on the board.:)

Hey everyone! Check the site! Now they updated with Olimar and Pikmins final smash! Its so awsome!!!

i sorta wish it would be called "begining of the day" because then you could of taken out millions of pikimin and pwn

^ok, that's just stupid -,-...beginning of day never had anything dangerous, the idea of his FS is to represent the dangers that come out when night falls...

i like his FS like they made it...

and young link can be in ssbb, but indeed, he has to have a completely different moveset...

greets,
psycho

I'm waiting for Lucario :/
OK, Anybody else think that Master hand and crazy hand would be a good update? They'd better keep them, they were awesome.

If you're waiting for Lucario it might take a while.

A while=a LONG LONG LONG time because he probably won't be in :/

silver, based on what do you think lucario will be out?
he has loads more possiblity of entering then mewtwo and company...
as discussed before: lucario would make a great addition, but i'm not going to repeat it all again...

i think lucario has equal chance of getting in as luigi...
just my opinion, but i don't think i'm far off...

greets,
psycho

Don't wish for new characters; they'll just delay even longer. After Sonic was announced, delay. After Olimar was announced, delay. I hope no more characters get in, or better yet, no more character Updates. I want to be slightly suprised, but at the same time, I want to see some news.

End of Day is explained in more details. Olimar flying in a Rocket, hurting the creatures and then coming for the final blow. I, personally, want to see his Final Smash on his own stage, Distant Planet. That would look wicked.

dmaster out.

Olimar's Final Smash is just about the most awesome thing they could've thought up for a Final Smash. In the Pikmin games, when the day is over, and it starts to get dark, you must hightail it back to the ship before the ferocious (and I mean FEROCIOUS) nocturnal beasts come out scavenging for prey. Just the fact that it becomes night and your opponents get left behind is awesome enough.

What's odd, though, is that that IS NOT Olimar's ship. Anyone who is a die-hard Pikmin fan would know that. That's the ship that the President (of Olimar's company) gives to him when he forces Olimar to go back to the Pikmin planet (this ship is un-named). Olimar's ship that he actually owns is named the Dolphin.

Oh, and everyone, look at the first screenshot of this update. Look what attack Olimar is using. Look where he's standing. Yes, that's right, Olimar can use the Pikmin Chain attack at any given time. That's DEFINITELY good news. I wonder if Lucas's Rope Snake can be used at all times.....

You're right, he can use the Chain attack. Maybe that Throw move isn't his only attack, after all. Still, I wouldn't expect it to do more damage than a White Pikmin thrown. Lucas can probably use his, just like Link can use his Clawshot to grab the ledge and enemies.

dmaster out.

I don't think they will mention the rest of the characters because they have to do secret characters at some time so the updates will be lousy from here on out. Expect these kinds of updates for quite some time because the longer they drag it out means they are doing secret stuff. I hope they mention an item or Pokemon soon though.:) EDIT. Check out the sticker power ups update. It looks cool but it is better an update than nothing. It will be slow from here on out. Remember some of us do not have a Wii and we will have to wait even longer but it will be well worth the wait.:)

yooow, wicked update^^ and first to post about it :p

sticker power-ups in the subspace emissary battles ^^
woot woot, ganon with a magic power-up and a speed boost^^
combine that with a strength boost and you have one invincible ganondorf :d:d
endless possibilities... (i wonder if there is a triforce sticker..., i wonder what it would do to ganon, link or zelda/sheik)

maybe they delayed the game 'cause they found bugs with the sticker power-up thingy...like strange things happening too characters who get 2 of the same sticker etc...
of gamefreeze when using certain stickers...
if it is to repair stuff like that, i don't mind waiting...

greets,
psycho

Good grammer deconfirmed!

Ehh, moving on, it seems like there are indeed only 3 kirby characters in the game when looking at the cellphone.
This seems like a nice update, but something really tells me this'll make the game way too easy... oh, well, try beating Intense WITHOUT stickers :O

Pikmin Chain is his up B move. Asking if you can use it at any time is asking if you can do the Super Coin Punch or Parasol attacks whenever you want. Answer: Sure you can. I guess Olimar's a little different because he has to have a Pikmin available to use it, but I don't think it would be any problem. I wonder how long it takes to pull one from the ground.

Lucas's Rope Snake is a grab. His up B is PK Thunder, which is so incredibly easy to die with since your opponent can just jump off the cliff and eat your PK Thunder, sending you to your doom. ARGH

xxashxx said:
I don't think they will mention the rest of the characters because they have to do secret characters at some time

Quoted for emphasis. Sheik was a surprise, probably used, as someone mentioned, as something to satiate everyone's growing hunger for this game. I personally think it sucks spoiling all characters' sets right off the bet. If I had played Pikmin, I'd have known what End of Day was right away and been mad cause it just takes all the fun out of speculating.

And yeah, I think the stickers's main use is to make Intense mode survivable. Pretty cool to see they're not entirely for show.

And remember guys, just keep telling yourself that the game can only get better with more development time. When this game finally does come out, we may all have gray hair, but at least we can tell our grandkids that they're playing a quality game. :)

I saw nintendogs sticker. And I have a little Shiba Inu <3, I wonder what each sticker will do? Maybe all the pokemon stickers will be cool too.

This was probably the first real awesome week of Smash news, even with the delay.

Distant Planet looks like the first, real, fully immersive stage that I've ever seen announced. Simply EPIC. Sheik confirmed is yet another character confirmed and all the movesets for all of the other characters announced, as well. Pure Awesomeness. Olimar's FS is explained and it looks super fun to go up in the rocket and then crash down.

Now, the Sticker Update. Stickers are finally shown for their real purpose and it's simply amazing what they can think of to be in this game. I guess we'll have to start calling SSBB a RPG-Fighting game. :O!!!!!

dmaster out.

Bonsly said:
bubba235 said:
I know I am not apart of this club, but I just wanted to say that these people that have made this game are going to make me do something that I don't want to do. They have been making some changes in the game to make us suffer. I bet you that the changes aren't even good ones! They need to bring it back to Feb. 10 because I wanted to get the game before my birthday, but now I have to wait 10 days after to get it. I am SOOOOO MAD!!

Which would make you more mad? An uncomplete game, or waiting longer to have a complete game? Anyways Sheik was kinda obvious. But still, good update.
Ok. I guess you are right, but it is still frustrating. Anyways, I am now going to get into this conversation because I am a lover of SSB. My best person, on Melee, was Jigglypuff. And I think Lucario has a great chance because he is a great fighting type, he looks cool, everyone likes him, and he would have an AWESOME moveset. Especially, Aura Sphere.

psycho_trainer said:
silver, based on what do you think lucario will be out?
he has loads more possiblity of entering then mewtwo and company...
as discussed before: lucario would make a great addition, but i'm not going to repeat it all again...

i think lucario has equal chance of getting in as luigi...
just my opinion, but i don't think i'm far off...

greets,
psycho

Well at this point I doubt there will be anyone enw (exccept of course Luigi) because they deylayed the game yet again for Bug Testing and that's it.

Back