SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I hope they bring back the Pipe stage where fire balls and coins come out the pipe and also the ladder stage. I wonder if the fireball on that stage will fly across the center every now and then so that way you still have to watch out or get burned.:) EDIT. To get this level you have to beat Event Match 19 Wario Bros to get it. It must be really easy to get.:)

the stage is very original ive never seen this in a fighting game, this will be very fun!

I've spoiled Wario Bros. below if anyone wants to see it (found it on your #1 source for Brawl: Google! :D)

Wario Bros. said:
Character: Wario
Enemies: Mario, Luigi
Stage: Mario Bros.
Objective: KO both Mario and Luigi.

I don't think it might be too hard at all.

man i cant wait to play! im starting to get really really good with ness! this morning i beat 3 lv.9's in team battle!

Yeah, this will probably be one of the first stages to unlock, just how they revealed Ness first, seeing as Ness is from 5 battles. IIRC, they have an arcade Donkey Kong stage, but I can't remeber if it's good or not. Seeing the Original Mario Bros. stage makes me cry to tears. It looks like the most faithful recreation of that game that I've ever seen and that's really saying something. I love the creatures even though it ot harder and then I would die soon after. This looks like a really intriguing level, seeing as you can't score those cheap KOs with a small space to attack.

dmaster out.

cool said:
man i cant wait to play! im starting to get really really good with ness! this morning i beat 3 lv.9's in team battle!

i clap for you seeing how i have done that many times before because i had no one to play against.

i have also seen a video for the mario vs donkey kong stage, it seems reaaaaallllyyyy big and a sure band, since it will be the next hyrule castle/fox has huge speed advantage stage. that new ground cling technique could be used alot on the new mario stage dojo added today, i wonder if home run bats will still be 1HKO on it.

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
Water Mewtwo said:
Magicmew said:
Po-Po-Pocchama said:
Magicmew, it seems there are at least 2 ways of getting each character, 1. SSE (Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link are hidden), 2. V.S Mode, Brawl whatever you call it

From what I recall having saw somewhere:

* Three ways to unlock a character (VS, SSE and normal)
* Normal way only unlocks if you beat SSE first
* SSE way only works once you've completed it
* 300+ VS matches are the only way to get 'em without SSE.

And what do you prefer, playing SSE (fun) or defeating a level 1 CPU 500 times (boring)?

How can Wall Cling be cheap?

I think the best Pokémon to fight Giga Bowser is Jigglypuff, for obvious reasons. Actually, Jigglypuff sweeps about, what, 20 events or so in Melee.

Yes, but how are you supposed to pull that off without getting killed by gannon or mewtwo. With mewtwo you can use his teleport in case you get in a tight spot.

You do know how to play Jigglypuff right?

What does everybody think of SSB coming to the VC about a week or two before Brawl is released, they did it with MP3 and Mario Galaxy, why not with Brawl.

I've narrowed it down to my 7 characters, maining Kirby.

1. Kirby (My original smasher, apparently his Cutter Regained strength from N64)
2. Wolf (Don't ask why, I've grown to like him over the two weeks we knew about him)
3. Metaknight
4. Sonic
5. Marth/Ike (Undecided)
6. Lucas
7. Pokémon Trainer (Shoots up to 3 if Piplup some how gets in)

Actually I am not too familiar with its moves. I assume you are talking about useing rest and sing, right? But if I remember correctly, (not sure though) Jigglypuff will fly far easily so a hit from giga bowser will probably ko her. Also i don't see how you are supposed to beat gannon and mewtwo.

As I figured that will be pretty easy to unlock. It will be an awesome level. I don't have a Wii but looking at the photos and updates makes me want to play it though.:) EDIT. 11:15 PM. Not much of an update. They are showing Yoshi's Special moves and his Final Smash again.:)_

SSBBRina.gif

Sorry, I just had to show this.

>_<

@Water Mewtwo: instantly once the event starts you Rest and you almost always will KO Giga Bowser. If Mewtwo and Ganondorf don't get hit by Rest, you can just Rollout/Pound them to death. I don't think these two even pose much trouble.

Never, I repeat, never ever use Sing. It sucks HARD (except for Team Battles!).

@Aquajet: looooooooooooooooool

@xxashxx: didn't you saw the Stage Builder update?

LofaKing said:
cool said:

i clap for you seeing how i have done that many times before because i had no one to play against.

i have also seen a video for the mario vs donkey kong stage, it seems reaaaaallllyyyy big and a sure band, since it will be the next hyrule castle/fox has huge speed advantage stage. that new ground cling technique could be used alot on the new mario stage dojo added today, i wonder if home run bats will still be 1HKO on it.

well thanks :D

my top 5 characters are on the fence

1. ness or lucas depending on what char im facing
2. ike (i miss roy but this is the next best thing)
3.metaknight
4. dedede
3. Pokémon trainer

Magicmew said:
Never, I repeat, never ever use Sing. It sucks HARD (except for Team Battles!).
Lol, like it's any good in team battles.

But anyhow, jiggly is indeed the way to go, a well-aimed rest can KO at least 2 of them (1 of them always being giga bowser), or at least damage them if their damage meter was at something around 0. Then you basically fly over their heads waiting for a good item or a chance to beat them around. I played it out a couple of times without losing a life, so you should at least be able to win at 999% with 1 life left :S

I plan on maining Ike cause he is my favorite character in one of my favorite games. I hope they don't change him to look like he did in radiant dawn if they make sequel to brawl.

path of radiance > radiant dawn

Yep, Yoshi special moves. They did Yoshi's FS sometime last fall, xxashxx. It looks like Yoshi has an Egg move that he had before, where he sucks them in and puts them inside an egg, but what's really cool is now you can change the direction the Egg Throw is, depending on the direction you're pointing on the control stick. I just find it pretty cool that it can go in pretty much any direction.

I saw that a while ago, Aquajet_23. Like, back when SSBB was announced 2 and 1/2 years ago. :F

EDIT: They're almost the same games, Water Mewtwo. Radiant Dawn is a port of PoR.

dmaster out.

Radiant dawn is a sequel to POR. Radiant dawn isn't even worth beating more than once. POR let play with the beaten in trial maps so getting your characters stronger isn't just so you can beat the game then start all over.

Anyways, I look forward to playing online instead of just guessing how good you've gotten with a certain character.

d master342 said:
but what's really cool is now you can chang the direction the Egg Throw is, depending on the direction you're pointin on the control stick. I just find it pretty cool that it can go in pretty much any direction.
Yes, although this was already possible in melee.

[ChanseyMaster]

Oh, well, it looks cooler than it did before in Melee. :0 /excuse

dmaster out.

cool said:
LofaKing said:
cool said:

well thanks :D

my top 5 characters are on the fence

1. ness or lucas depending on what char im facing
2. ike (i miss roy but this is the next best thing)
3.metaknight
4. dedede
3. Pokémon trainer

i like your numbering skills :D :p . my top 5 would be
1)Falco as my main
2)Toon link as my back main
3)Luigi
4)i'ld like to try R.O.B.
460947698758237459) emo coloured ness just to screw around to annoy people on wi-fi

my top 5
1 snake
2 lucario
3 mario
4 pokemon trainer
5 Ike

SSBB is gonna rock!

Back