SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Hey guys, I take Latin and I can see if I can translate the Brawl theme. The first line is audi famam illius Audi means listen and famam means fame, or report. I'll see if I can check anything else, if not I'll ask my teacher.

Magicmew said:
>_<

@Water Mewtwo: instantly once the event starts you Rest and you almost always will KO Giga Bowser. If Mewtwo and Ganondorf don't get hit by Rest, you can just Rollout/Pound them to death. I don't think these two even pose much trouble.

Never, I repeat, never ever use Sing. It sucks HARD (except for Team Battles!).

@Aquajet: looooooooooooooooool

@xxashxx: didn't you saw the Stage Builder update?

I may had not gone far enough down the page but I saw it the first time they had it up and it looked pretty cool but I will check to see if they added any info to it though. Thank you for pointing that out.:)

d master 342 said:
Yep, Yoshi special moves. They did Yoshi's FS sometime last fall, xxashxx. It looks like Yoshi has an Egg move that he had before, where he sucks them in and puts them inside an egg, but what's really cool is now you can change the direction the Egg Throw is, depending on the direction you're pointing on the control stick. I just find it pretty cool that it can go in pretty much any direction.

I saw that a while ago, Aquajet_23. Like, back when SSBB was announced 2 and 1/2 years ago. :F

EDIT: They're almost the same games, Water Mewtwo. Radiant Dawn is a port of PoR.

dmaster out.

Yup I know they showed it then but I thought they were showing his special moves again as well as the Final Smash that is why I said not much of an update.:) EDIT. I just saw the stage builder update and it looks pretty easy to unlock from what I can see.:)

this stage looks awesome! and its even better, because now tails,knuckles and silver are not playable characters.

YES THEY DIDENT GO OVER BOARD

whoop :D

i wonder how you unlock sonic?... o wait i already know!
new stage looks awesome. why couldn't shadow be in?

I dont really know.

man i really need to cut back on the spoliers on youtube. Because by the time the game is ouy i will know everything. I already know half of the subspace emissary videos.

Isn't Shadow an assist trophy?

The way of unlocking this stage seems so lame, just unlock 1 and you unlock the other, where's the challange?

Anyhow... when will they reveal Jiggly, I want some confirmations of Sakurai himself. "Yes, rest was good, but we don't like Jigglypuff, so it's terrible now, have a great day!". Really, though :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9vbV0H09Y

there is a luigi mansion course confirmed in this video!

go 6 minutes into it if you dont want to see it all.

Yeah, I watch SSE videos every day. :/ It's so hard not to be spoiled when everybody everywhere knows what things are in the game.

Yep, the Green Hill Zone that's been shown in a ton of videos I've seen with Sonic. I'm not too sure I like the crumbling of that part int he stage, but awesome cameos from Tails, Silver, and Knuckles. Their cameos remind me of Spear Pillar's Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia, etc. Yeah, easy stage to unlock. Just beat the SSE, basically.

dmaster out.

man i even question on going on the dojo tomarrow. The update will probobly be like kirbys special moves or something.

COME ON DOJO WE WANT CHARACTERS, HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS AND SCREENSHOTS! NOT STUPID MOVE GUIDES WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT!

I really think Luigi's going to be revealed soon. He's next in the SSE, which I watched today. :p

dmaster out.

Luigi has finally been confirmed for sure. We already knew he was in but it is official now. He is pretty easy to unlock too.:)

d master342 said:
I really think Luigi's going to be revealed soon. He's next in the SSE, which I watched today. :p

dmaster out.

DING DING DING! give him a prize everyone! :D

you get a shiny trophy

*inserts coin* lol

anyway, luigi looks really good with those good quality screenshots. And i like that final smash its kind of random so you can throw your opponent off guard. As for unlocking him that is pretty easy play brawl only 22 times? doodz when i first get this game its gonna be played 83 times!

as for the banner i made it myself, usinng pictures off of photobucket.

Everyone's favorite dark magician green plumber is back, with an awesome name for a Final Smash: "Negative Zone". It makes sense after all, since he was always in the "Negative Zone" while Mario was in the "Positive Zone" :F kinda confirms my theory of VS. match order.

I predict next week's character'll be Falco and that Jigglypuff will be the last revealed character :p

Yeah, ironic, Jiggly was the first unlocked character in both SSB and Melee... But see the good part, you can get G&W much earlier now! :D

- EDIT -

dmaster out.

If you mean appearing in cutscenes, no, even Luigi appearing in a cutscene, it's not unlocked. If you watched it, you should see some "NEWCOMER" messages after "STAGE CLEAR!" screens. A character is unlocked if it joins your SSE party which is done through the NEWCOMER pop-ups.

Wolf will be last revealed, Jiggly 2nd last, probably... which sucks, because I need a good screenshot :O
It's weird, though, Jiggly was always the easiest to unlock, they're breaking the laws of reality :(

What happened to Luigi hurricane and Green Fireballs? Luigi is what you'd expect... especially if you've seen him been played so much already :p But, oh well, I guess the Luigi fans will like this update.

Why would they put Godzilla in it? :/

OH EM GEE Luigi is finnaly shown :O :O :O

Because he's like a really cool gaming character and of the 1 games I played of him he seemed like the right guy to be a very broken character in Brawl :O

Back