SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

im so glad that they are adding SSBM characters as hidden characters in the game.

marinepika said:
I can't wait for the next update on the Smash Bros. Mojo!! Hurry up HS! marinepika pwease.

Smash bros Mojo? Lol its Dojo. I cant wait any longer for this game to come out!!!!!!!

man i cant wait for SE, im gonna love doing the whole party system thing and the co-op will be a blast!

The SSE is going to be fun, I mean a 3D Kirby Engine Game is always fun. Haven't seen one since the N64. I miss Crystal Shards

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
The SSE is going to be fun, I mean a 3D Kirby Engine Game is always fun. Haven't seen one since the N64. I miss Crystal Shards

aww crystal shards was amazing! But yeah youre right, there hasnt been anything like that in a while.

Bonsly said:
marinepika said:
I can't wait for the next update on the Smash Bros. Mojo!! Hurry up HS! marinepika pwease.

Smash bros Mojo? Lol its Dojo. I cant wait any longer for this game to come out!!!!!!!

yeah smash bros mojo, the unofficail site of super samsh bros brawl :p
it just adds things that are totally random. here is the link to the main page. http://mojo.rick-gardiner.com/

it's only like three weeks until brawl will be burning up the stores and Wii's. has anyone else seen falco's (brawl version) cheap laser trick. it seems like something i need to learn. http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UTpaKhElhk

Crystal shards owned :O

Anyhow, remember the fact that Dixie, Dr. Mario, Roy, Toon Zelda/Sheik, Mewtwo and something which looked like plusle/minum were programmed into brawl? And how we might have to download them? I've heard a pretty cool new theory, which also gives an answer to the big question of "How would they be added to the character roster".
It's fairly simple, actually, each character has his own small file, and a victory tune, which might mean they're either incomplete, or ...
They're actually just alternative costumes, like how Wario can also wear his overalls.
The small file would, in that case, only hold the model of that character, the hitboxes wouldn't really have to be altered, maybe just for Toon Zelda, and maybe all you'd download is a way to read what's in the file.
So, basically, we'd have Roy as Marth (in which case firey effects might be added, this change doesn't have to be drastic in any way), Dixie as Diddy, Dr. Mario as Mario (obviously), Toon Zelda as Zelda, and of course Mewtwo as lucario (with other hold-items and grab animations, that shouldn't be too hard). This would also mean that Plusle/Minum would not be 2 characters in 1 (as they were in the same folder, popo and nana each got their own folder), they would just be alternative pika-costumes, because the only difference between them is their cheeks anywyas.
Just a theory :O

That actually sounds like it might work but there still seems to be quite a bit of space along the edges of the character selection screen. I think they add them through there.

I wish Ness and Luigi were not hidden characters because they have already been in 2 game and were hidden in both games I wish they would make the newcomers hidden because they are new characters and Luigi,Ness,and Jigglypuff are not hidden characters. They should already be there when you first play the game. The actually wasted 3 hidden characters space by making them hidden again which would make room for Mewtwo and 2 other characters. I can see Mewtwo as a Hidden character again because he is a legendary but very strong Pokemon. He was also in Melee so He can be hidden for Brawl but the others that really don't need to be hidden is wasted space for other characters that could have made it to Brawl.:)

Erm...

Luigi and Jigglypuff have always been hidden since SSB64. Add to that Jigglypuff's absense in SSE and you got a big curved S for secret.
Ness was not hidden in SSBM, but it's hidden so there can be more starting roster newcomers.

If they were starters (possible for Ness, but almost impossible for the others) then there'd be less hidden characters (11). They'd not open a space. They'd remove some.

this is such a dumb thread why can't you just go to smashbros.com AKA Smash bros. dojo

xxashxx said:
I wish Ness and Luigi were not hidden characters because they have already been in 2 game and were hidden in both games I wish they would make the newcomers hidden because they are new characters and Luigi,Ness,and Jigglypuff are not hidden characters. They should already be there when you first play the game. The actually wasted 3 hidden characters space by making them hidden again which would make room for Mewtwo and 2 other characters. I can see Mewtwo as a Hidden character again because he is a legendary but very strong Pokemon. He was also in Melee so He can be hidden for Brawl but the others that really don't need to be hidden is wasted space for other characters that could have made it to Brawl.:)

yeah iwant ness! (even though i will unlock him in the first day.) but i need him in the beginning. and ness was a starting character in melee but luigi and jigglypuff are both been unlockable twice. But youre right they should have them to be starting characters.

Luigi and ness are hidden but there easy to get. Mewtwo isnt in Brawl

Jiggly's in the SSE, Magicmew, just not when you 1st play it out or something.
pokesnap said:
this is such a dumb thread why can't you just go to smashbros.com AKA Smash bros. dojo
We do go there, and discuss what we see there, combined with other news and info, here...
If you would have read at least 1 post here, you would have noticed this thread is not Dojo 2.0.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
pokesnap said:
We do go there, and discuss what we see there, combined with other news and info, here...
If you would have read at least 1 post here, you would have noticed this thread is not Dojo 2.0.

Pwnt.

Anyways, I wonder why they enter Marth yet there is no Roy. And just as I beat Roy's Fire Emblem game even though it was never released in English '¿'

Marth was more popular, they'd scare away a quarter of the competitive environment if they'd keep Roy, but throw Marth in the dustbin.

Ness is hidden so Lucas can start. They're almost the same, but that's just IMO. They didn't want to have two characters that look like each other starting out. Luigi and Jigglypuff were Unlockables before, so there's no reason not to have them Unlockable this time. The only problem with your theory, HS, is that it's only a theory. I don't believe it until I see cold-hard proof, whether it be in Japan, or on YouTube. Only 20 days left until SSBB comes out. About 3 weeks. :]

dmaster out.

cool said:
xxashxx said:

yeah iwant ness! (even though i will unlock him in the first day.) but i need him in the beginning. and ness was a starting character in melee but luigi and jigglypuff are both been unlockable twice. But youre right they should have them to be starting characters.

They wasted secret space for secret characters. The could have added 2 newcomers or Mewtwo and 1 newcomer. I used Mewtwo and Yoshi A lot in Melee. Mewtwo deserves a spot in Brawl with some additional moves to his move set. His Final Smash could be Shadow Force . He could Teleport right next to the foes and use Shadow force on the opponents. Imagine how much damage that would do. I could see that happening.:) EDIT. 12 AM Check out the Luigi's Mansion stage. It is easy to unlock. Just play as him in 3 matches and the stage is yours.:)

Back