SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

ChanseyMaster said:
Also, Bowser Junior was one of the top requested newcomers for Brawl. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him in Brawl.

Diddy's in Mario Strikers Charged, and so is Bowser Jr. COINCIDENCE??? :O

Hope not. Bowser Jr. for brawl :D

ChanseyMaster said:
Also, I know Luigi is an alternate costume to Mario. I'm not sure if that adds or takes away from his chances, because Mario still has the Wario costume and Wario is in the game.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! :O

That is so cool. DAISY COULD STILL BE IN IT :D :D :D

I thought Daisy was automatically out because Peach has a Daisy outfit. Daisy is perfect. She could SO be in it. Oh man. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease Daisy for Brawl. :O

Well, with Ness all but confirmed to be excluded, having a character be one of the original 12 is no longer a valid reason to include the character. But there's no reason to remove Luigi. None at all.

<Ramza> If Jigglpuff's not in it, I'm going to set fire to Nintendo HQ >.>

SAME GOES FOR LUIGI.

Check out the Spectator mode. You will be able to watch live battles via WiiFi and your computer and also your TV. You can place coin bets and win Smash prizes too.:)

I don't care if they change it into Wigglytuff, but I CANNOT live without my precious puff-punch :(
About Luigi, well, they have the opportunity to completely change it so it won't look like Mario at all, and I'm guess they'll take the opportunity. Luigi and Jiggly are probably surprise :)O) characters, Jiggly has always been the 1st character you get (unless you're like really weird), and Luigi should not be lost in Mario's shadow, he even got his own game now...
Ganon will most likely be in the game, it is too important a character in all of the Zelda games not to be, and something tells me they won't miss out on the opportunity to make his final smash the boar he turned into in TP. Well, that and the fact that its frame has already been send to HAL laboratories.
Besides, guys, there are still a couple of months to go, and they probably won't spoil everything.

Spectatoring seems fun, but it probably nowhere near as fun as actually battling :p

okay, c-m, now you're just thinking stuff that's probably never going to happen...why should bowser jr be in? can it have a very different moveset then bowser's? i don't really think so...and there would be no clones like in melee, so that's why i exclude him...

spectator mode: sweeet, i wish they had that in melee :p then i could've seen that all-powerful (?) fox-master fight live...and even kick his sorry arse around the place myself...

even better in spectator: you can bet coins on the who's gonna win :d:d:d sweeeet, gambling is soooo gonna be in:p:p

luigi shud indeed be included, and he could have karatechops all the way, instead of 2 karate-style blows like in melee (his normal side smash and his side air move) and as a special, he shud definitly have his poltergust :p:p

and ganon's FS: the boar :p would be cool :p
it would be that, or all-powerful black magic :d:d

greets,
psycho

because mario has FLUDD, mabye Luigi has polterguest 3000?

Ya I've been wondering why Luigi isn't in because he's just as important as Mario....ok maybe not EXACTLY as important as Mario but he is impotant....

psycho_trainer said:
okay, c-m, now you're just thinking stuff that's probably never going to happen...why should bowser jr be in? can it have a very different moveset then bowser's? i don't really think so...and there would be no clones like in melee, so that's why i exclude him...

spectator mode: sweeet, i wish they had that in melee :p then i could've seen that all-powerful (?) fox-master fight live...and even kick his sorry arse around the place myself...

even better in spectator: you can bet coins on the who's gonna win :d:d:d sweeeet, gambling is soooo gonna be in:p:p

luigi shud indeed be included, and he could have karatechops all the way, instead of 2 karate-style blows like in melee (his normal side smash and his side air move) and as a special, he shud definitly have his poltergust :p:p

and ganon's FS: the boar :p would be cool :p
it would be that, or all-powerful black magic :d:d

greets,
psycho

Ok first off, you should try and fix up your punctuation and use of smileys a little, not thats my problem though.
Secondly, Bowser jr is a different character. Thats a bit like saying, "Why should luigi be in? He can't have a different moveset". Bowser jr is popular, the popular ones get in. Hopefully, that also means we'll get Lucario.

Ya thats why Sonic got in. He was the most wanted person to enter. But what I don't understand is why the Ice Climbers are in. Everyone hates the Ice Climbers!

Actually, Bidoof has experienced a rising popularity, and is now the official symbol of patheticness amongst Pokémon players, oh, well, there's still magikarp, but he's just the symbol for weakness. Of course Lucario has the highest probability, but Bidoof might have a shot...

watched an awesome video confirming shadow as an alternate costume for sonic...thank goodness he won't be a character

psycho_trainer said:
Are you being sarcastic? If so, c-m isn't thinking anything that's not going to happen. He's being very realistic.

Like I've said before, Bowser Jr. has a huge fanbase, and also like I said before, he could have a very distinct movest derived from his role in Super Mario Sunshine. I don't even how Bowser Jr. could have the same moveset. He can't breath fire, he's too small to pull of a move like the Koopa Klaw (Side+B).
Daisy also has quite a large fanbase. I'm not totally sure what her moveset would be like, but I could definitely see her being in.

So yeah, c-m isn't being delusional at all.

[ChanseyMaster]

then WHAT would bowser jr's moveset be?
weak stuff like pichu or something? :p

lol, bowser jr. being the new pichu, i think it would be hilarious :p
bowser jr. having a huge fanbase? maybe in america, not in europe...i haven't heard anything about bowser jr. here...more wanted ones here are lucario and even daisy...

i must admit it is possible...something you didn't even mention, but actually is a positive point when discussing bowser jr. to appear or not...is the fact that diddy kong appeard, who is a sidekick of donkey kong...same goes for bowser jr. and bowser...

talking about the moveset of luigi...look at ssbm: the sidesmash and side air move of luigi are karatestyle moves...why wouldn't they be able to give him a full karatestyle moveset?
and i don't think mario has lots of karatemoves (if any at all) so it would be perfectly possible to give luigi a totally different moveset...

i do apologise for the short-sightedness (is that a word?) i "displayed" in my previous post, stating bowser jr. won't be appearing in ssbb...

daisy as a PC...hmm, in mario strikers she has quite the attitude, so i guess her moveset would be more aggresive then peache's...i am wondering what they would give her, if she would make it...i rather see her appearing as a AT though...and if peach "transforms" into daisy again if you change colour enough, then i wouldn't even dream of her coming to the game as a seperate character...

greets,
psycho

knuckles would make a great character.. Geez the game has enough characters from Mario already...(no offense) ...knuckles could use the gliding technique and has a great moveset and final smash (super knuckles--a lot different than super sonic)

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Actually, Bidoof has experienced a rising popularity, and is now the official symbol of patheticness amongst Pokémon players, oh, well, there's still magikarp, but he's just the symbol for weakness. Of course Lucario has the highest probability, but Bidoof might have a shot...

I don't think Bidoof will have much chance. I mean it's a stupid Beaver. And there is enough Pokemon stuff in it already with the Pokeballs, Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer which is overkill....

Pokéball is like 1 item, and Pokémon trainer and Pikachu are 2 characters, there are so many pokémon they have to find ways to fit in as many as possible. 2 Pokémon characters is NOT overkill, it's underkill, we have 4 last game.

The whole Trainer thing is stupid. He sits and watches his Pokemon get shot at seriously whats up with that?

Silver said:
The whole Trainer thing is stupid. He sits and watches his Pokemon get shot at seriously whats up with that?
Yeah! And when the trainer just sits around in the games and watches his Pokemon get beaten up, or when he just sits on the sidelines and watches his Pokemon get killed in the Anime. Seriously what's up with that?
/sarcasm

Yeah. He's sitting there watching them because he's battiling with them. He trained his Pokemon to fight, so it makes sense that they're out there fighting under the trainer's commands.

[ChanseyMaster]

With the screen shot of the new Coin Betting thing, it shows peach in a Daisy costume, so she mostlikely won't be in :'( Any way, I really wanted her in.

a pokemon trainer cant fight anyway. if he was an actual fighting character his final smash would probobly be throwing a master ball catching a person in it then throwing it off the edge. just one word to sum it up. LAME!

Back