SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Hmmm... Looks almost the same as the Brinstar stage on Melee. I was expecting something a little different for Samus's stage, but whatever.

Lol, safe spot. What happens when two people get inside there? It that possible? Lololololol, if it is....

Well, I'm assuming for the sake of team battles you can fit more than one person in there... if friendly fire was off you'd kinda have no choice but to let your partner(s) inside.

Or maybe you'll have to choose who gets inside???? :O

! only fits. If you have to battle for it then do so as needed. Only 1 can fit and be safe.:) EDIT. Look at the last photo on the page. Only 1 fits inside while the other 3 tough it out.:)

That could just be samus being a good player. The box seems prety large, I think you can even fit 4 in... and you can probably keep on attacking when in there :)

Looks like I missed a lot of lengthy discussion and Super Smash Bros. Brawl Updates this past week. Time to make up for it:

Fire Emblem Theme: I personally love the Fire Emblem series as well as Marth being my #1 character, but I have to say about the song that it was very Orchestral and I love the background singers. It sounds more like Opera to me, actually. The translated lyrics are also interesting.

Fox's Misfortune Video: When I first saw the new video, I was so suprised that Rayquaza might actually be in the game as a boss. this also ups his chance of being a Poke-Ball item as well. Fox was just using his tool and it happened to hit Rayquaza super-effecitvely. There was nothing cheap about it and I loved the music and the graphics astounds me as always.

Items form previous Smash Bros. Games: I really like using items though sometimes I don't when I just focus on the fighting. The Long Beam Sword intriques me on how I can use it to my opponent's disadvantage. I loved the Fire Flower before and it hasn't changed much. I never really used the Freezie but I want to now! Being able to impede your opponent with something as Fire or being Frozen is really cool. Home-Run Bat is back and better than ever with different poses for each individual character. Can't wait to see King Dedede's pose..:F The Party Ball and Super Mushroom are back and they are the same, except for the new items coming out of the Party Ball of course.(clock!)

Grab and Throw: Never really used these kinds of techniques in the past because I never knew how to do them. I think they might have changed the controls for the better because I can somehow understand them now. Grabbing is fairly easy to comprhend and Throwing is pretty cool as well, as you can damage your oppenent more in the air.

Gray Fox Assist Trophy: Never played any of the MGS games so I don't really know who Gray Fox is, but he does have some interesting attacks, for an Assist Trophy. Slicing repeatedly can rack up some serious damage and he can also reflect projectiles like Fox so you're going to have to fight him head on. That's where the ultimate showdown between Solid Snake and Gray Fox comes from.

Lucas's Special Moves: Looks like no Ness:)(), but we'll have to make do with exact copies of Ness's moves in a Lucas character. Kick Flip is standard, as is the PK Barrage. Meteor Smash flies over you and attacks, and he can climb back into battle with a...rope snake?! 0_o PK Fire fles horizontal and lands with a pillar of flame. PK Ice can be charged and controlled so you can freeze your opponents with more accuracy than ever before. PK Thunder is his save but he can also use it in battle, as well. PSI Magnet can absorb projectiles, like Fox and Gray Fox, but this one can heal Lucas's HP as well as protect him from them.

Norfair Stage: Finally a Metorid stage announcement, that really pushes the bar on unique stageness. Lots of lava of course and you must stay clear of it. The level will change, so you might have to move in a direction to stay clear of it. The safe spot can help when the lava wave appears and it looks a though we've got a fight within a fight. In a normal game you must KO your oppinents, but on Norfair you must do that, while fighting to get in the safe spot. Of course only Samus gets in the safe spot in the screenshots, but it might have other features like fighting within, more than one can be in there, and the hatches may be player controlled. Either way don't get stuck in the lava!

dmaster out.

I want to be Charizard so bad. and with Charizard being able to fly and use flamethroer I will be able to do a lot of damage.:) EDIT. Today 12 AM Check out Ike's Final Smash. It looks pretty cool.:)

It look really good raised attack power and invincibility, awesome!

It's one of the weaker Final Smashes, IIRC, the victim bounces off, which reduces the flight distance.

They really should make the final smashes do about the same damage, even though it would be hard.

It is a pretty powerful blade though. It will be great if your opponent is next to an edge.:)

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
It's one of the weaker Final Smashes, IIRC, the victim bounces off, which reduces the flight distance.
One of the weaker ones? From the two videos I've watched where he's pulled it off, they've had zero chance of survival.
The sword blows while hovering in the air build up massive damage quick, and the ending explosion has huge knockback.

[ChanseyMaster]

ChanseyMaster said:
Heavenly Spoon :F said:
One of the weaker ones? From the two videos I've watched where he's pulled it off, they've had zero chance of survival.
The sword blows while hovering in the air build up massive damage quick, and the ending explosion has huge knockback.

[ChanseyMaster]

How bad of a knock back? Do you mean like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does in Melee or is it worse than that?:) EDIT. 12 AM. There are 3 different taunts to do in Brawl. They have all 3 of Link's shown plus Mario 1 Wario 1 Zero Suit Samus 1 Fox 1 Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and I think there is one more but I can't think of the other one because they have quite a few listed on the site.:)

Lai Jun Wen1 said:
I love Meitroid more than Mario!!!!!!!!
Awesome!

xxashxx said:
How bad of a knock back? Do you mean like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does in Melee or is it worse than that?
Well, it appears as If has maybe about as much knockback as when you get hit by Sonic's Final Smash when he's moving at top speed. Plus the damage from the initial sword slashes builds up enough enough damage for the last blow to decently destroy the oppenent.

[ChanseyMaster]

Today's update confirms what I've been suspecting for a while now: multiple taunts. :>

Good to see Link's got his old one back. Maybe Fox will get his old one back, too.

Also lol to the screenshot, SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Sudden death melee 2.0 damage ratio luigi vs light framed opponent... TAUNT! That actually KOs, I love that :)

I think if Ike's sword hits you when it is thrown into the ground it damages you, and ZS samus' whip might do the same thing, although that would actually make it a pretty decent taunt.

^Luigi's taunt can also act as a meteor smash. Taunt-kicking someone while they're hanging on the ledge will shoot them directly downward. It's cancellable like any meteor smash, but it can definitely take people by surprise/be hilarious.

[ChanseyMaster]

Yes, c-m, in order to really see how Ike's FS works, you have to see it on video. It's amazing. He's like, bam, then like, pow, then like, SLASH, then like, slam!

:F

Hmm... Three different taunts. Now this is going to be fun. :>

Back