SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I don't use taunts that much if at all but they are cool but leave you stunned and vulnerable to attacks for a very short time.:)

I wonder what Pikachu's will be. I like the one in the first version where he stands straight up and says. "Pika Pika Pikachu" I think that was what he says but it has been quite awhile since I have Played the first version on the Nintendo 64.:)

xxashxx said:
I wonder what Pikachu's will be. I like the one in the first version where he stands straight up and says. "Pika Pika Pikachu" I think that was what he says but it has been quite awhile since I have Played the first version on the Nintendo 64.:)

That's funny I just got done playing the one on the 64.

Skanking Tyranitar said:
xxashxx said:

That's funny I just got done playing the one on the 64.

Wow that was weird. Did you play on the Pokemon level with only the hammer beam sword and Pokeballs? That is what I do. Back on Topic. Will there be different cheers for each character in Brawl or will they be gone? I hope the cheer stays because I love Pikachu's and Mewtwo's.:) EDIT. 12 AM Handicap mode is back with a whole new twist too. It is a little different from the past games and this time you can start with a set percentage. That means I can set it to 100% and I will be guaranteed a cheer every time.:)

I think they might put one more newcomer in it to make it so there is 12 old people and 12 new people. I was thinking Baby Bowser.

They have Meta Knight's Special moves up again. U guess they were out of updates for today.:)

Shroob, I did see videos, but for some reason it didn't seem as impressive as Sonic OHKOing someone twice in a row with the same F-smash or Meta knight killing something with live no damage at all...

Well, maybe I just coincidentally saw a video where it seemed weak...

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Sudden death melee 2.0 damage ratio luigi vs light framed opponent... TAUNT! That actually KOs, I love that :)

I think if Ike's sword hits you when it is thrown into the ground it damages you, and ZS samus' whip might do the same thing, although that would actually make it a pretty decent taunt.

LOL, I killed myself once by taunting next to a capsule, it exploded and I got knocked out the arena :p.
Meta Knights Dissappear looks cool, and handy too. I think they should have some tunes from mouse attack though, I love the music for darroach/Doc.

Silver said:
I think they might put one more newcomer in it, so there is 12 old people and 12 new people. I was thinking Baby Bowser.

baby bowser probably won't join in...you don't see baby mario etc appearing do you?
second, i'm pretty sure ganon WILL return, so you would have 13 and not 12 old people....

for newcomers: waluigi, or even better, lucario can make it, i think...
why waluigi? i dunno, it's a possibility :p

anybody got more ideas for newcomers?:p

greets,
psycho

Psycho said:
anybody got more ideas for newcomers?:p

Yeah, Princess Shroob. I have a Final Smash, tuants, moves, stage, and everything planned out for her already. If you want to hear them, I'll tell you, but I don't have time right now. ;p

And, old people.... Are you people forgetting poor Luigi? :)<

Wow.... Meta Knight is DEFINITELY going to be one of the more used characters in competitive Brawl.

metaknight definitely...i like him and sonic best...sonic will be my fun character...but link will be my all-out competitive...man i suck at the wavedash...so glad brawl removed it

/me goes to practice dash-dancing

psycho_trainer said:
baby bowser probably won't join in...you don't see baby mario etc appearing do you?
You have absolutely zero data to base that on. First of all, baby mario and Bowser Junior are worlds apart. Baby Mario does well, not so much, while Bowser Junior has been featured in many games as a fairly serious villian, and his role in Mario Sunshine could grant him a very different moveset. (Which is very likely, seeing as Mario has FLUDD) Also, Bowser Junior was one of the top requested newcomers for Brawl. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him in Brawl.

Togeshroob said:
And, old people.... Are you people forgetting poor Luigi? :)<
Somewhere on youtube I find an interview of a Nintedo representative being interviewed and said that Luigi is going to be included. (This was either due to 1) Misinformation, or 2) He let his mouth slip and accidentally revealed a character that was supposed to be kept a secret)
Also, I know Luigi is an alternate costume to Mario. I'm not sure if that adds or takes away from his chances, because Mario still has the Wario costume and Wario is in the game.

My guess is that they include Luigi, but with a totally updated moveset including aspects from Luigi's Mansion.

[ChanseyMaster]

you know how mario has fludd to push peoples away...i though luigi should have his poltergust to suck them in... making him alike to mario yet different as he was in melee.

Luigi had better be included. It wouldn't be right without him. :/

And, The Poltergust 3000 should be his Final Smash. Lol, he sucks everyone inside!

^A few pages back I posted a link to all of the "E For All" smash demo videos, two of which contained the Final Smash.
I posted it quite a while ago, so here's the link again.

[ChanseyMaster]

ah super sonic pwns. also DARK LINK IS THE BEST ALTERNATE COSTUME IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!

I'm still happy that they put Ike in because he's awsome :D But Pokemon Trainer is a bit of overkill on the Pokemon....

Back