SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Unoffical confirmation tanks to image 3:
Dedede does indeed fly, possibly like kirby... this might mean he does indeed get a rather light frame, or just becomes extremely slow.

The events seem fun, a bit easy though, the way i see it, but those are only the 1st... Imagine Master head aiding the hands, or well, master foot and crazy foot... Yes, that would be going too far.

Difficulty settings seems nice, you know, so the noobs can actually play the last event.

LOL, I tricked my little brother by saying that the end of classic mode included master foot and crazy foot :p
I hope that the hands return, They will never be replaced. Oh, and the first event match looks awesome, King Dedede is always good.

The events do look mighty cool. Difficulty settings so even I could do them, but I never really got into them that much except for high scores. Now instead of high scores, I have to have the best time. That will be putting a ton of pressure on me, but when I get all of the top times, it's going to be immensely satisfying. I can't wait to do the first couple of event matches right away.:p

dmaster out.

I honesty didn't know Kind DeDeDe was popular...and I don't know how the Ice Climbers were actually popular enough.

c-m.... Dedede's ability to fly has been known since the level creation update. >:[

Wario-Man.... Wow.... Talk about a waste of a Smash Ball. Well, at least we get to see him eat garlic. =D

Oooh, cool, widescreen. Oooooh cooler, WPM posted here.

DK's song is pure awesomenagiousnesszorz(tm).

^My word, don't steal it. ;f

I figured they would bring back stages from SSBM. Hyrule Temple is a welcoming addition to SSBB for me.

I like the remix with the Great Palace music. The transition from the Great Palace music to the regular Palace music is kinda awkward, though. Still, Zelda II stood out as a game for me because of the sidescrolling nature of the game. I really wish that they re-implemented the formula of the game more Zelda games... this is the only side-scrolling action Zelda title (not including parts of Link's Awakening and the two Oracle games). The Great Palace and Thunderbird was one of the most difficult parts of a video game I have ever played. It took me numerous tries to succeed at first making it to the Great Palace, and then even getting to Thunderbird was challenging, as it consumed a lot of lives in the process. I finally managed to beat Adventure of Link, but it took a lot of effort.

Anyway, I would be quite pleased if they brought back Brinstar Depths and Fourside. I enjoyed both of those levels in SSBM as well.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
I figured they would bring back stages from SSBM. Hyrule Temple is a welcoming addition to SSBB for me.

I like the remix with the Great Palace music. The transition from the Great Palace music to the regular Palace music is kinda awkward, though. Still, Zelda II stood out as a game for me because of the sidescrolling nature of the game. I really wish that they re-implemented the formula of the game more Zelda games... this is the only side-scrolling action Zelda title (not including parts of Link's Awakening and the two Oracle games). The Great Palace and Thunderbird was one of the most difficult parts of a video game I have ever played. It took me numerous tries to succeed at first making it to the Great Palace, and then even getting to Thunderbird was challenging, as it consumed a lot of lives in the process. I finally managed to beat Adventure of Link, but it took a lot of effort.

Anyway, I would be quite pleased if they brought back Brinstar Depths and Fourside. I enjoyed both of those levels in SSBM as well.

Darn you beat me to the new update.:) I was just going to post about the update. Anyway I hope flatzone will be back and the Mushroom kingdom. We all know the Pokemon stage made it but I hope they bring back all the N64 stages because those were awesome levels and the game would not be complete without those levels.:)

Well, I never played competitive Smash in Melee, but Hyrule Temple was usually banned from tournaments because the sheer size of the level made it too easy for people like Fox to run around the board and just spam his laser while everyone else has no chance to catch him. I'm not really a fan of Hyrule Temple as a stage... it's too hard to score KOs. The music was awesome though, one of my favorites in the game.

So overall I can't say I'm pleased they brought Hyrule Temple back. However...

The new remix is a very cool and welcome addition. I'm loving it even more than the first one.

I wonder if they'll bring back Kongo Jungle from SSB. That was the only old level I liked in Melee.

I'm also looking forward to more remixed music from Melee, and really hoping there's an option to play any music on any level. That would be sweet.

i liked dream land64 better as one of the old stages :d:d
well, especially the music on it :p

hyrule temple is back!! sweet :d i loved playing with ganon there :p
difficult to ko people there? damn, that's quite the understatement, i managed my first 999% there :d:d ofcourse, i did it in the bottom of the stage :d:d

although, it's not entirely true saying it's hard to ko people there, if you can knock some1 around on the top floor of the stage, they fly out through the side rather fast, although characters like kirby and ganon can return from much greater distances...and even ko-ing people through the upper side of the screen is rather easy on that zone...

i do understand the ban on the zone on tournaments though...it's way to easy to go hanging from the left side of the zone, then drop and come back in the bottom of the zone....i have done it with ganon numerous times...(versus npc's and people alike :d) and like PMJ said, characters like fox can just jump around spamming lasers...ofcourse, if you as the opponent stay in the bottom of the zone, he can't really do that...but anyways :p

i liked the remix of the song too btw :d

but i wanna see more characters introduced dammit!!!
like slippy would say in ssbm: "i'm on the edge of my seat"!!

greets,
psycho

I usually used hyrule temple as a place to just battle for the fun of it, and it's pretty fun to practice's Zelda's B> on, but for serious battles it just gets annoying. The faster character with the best long-distance moves usually wins, but I guess a lot of stages give other characters an advantage, think low-recovery stuff + poké-floats. I'm pretty pleased to see it return, as I was rather displeased with the ultimate chimera on what seemed to be temple's replacement (New Pork).

This stage made me wonder how they're going to add 4 musics to every stage, Ice climbers would have to be combined with balloon fighter, and even then they'd have to compose a lot of new songs if they want to bring back the previous Ice Climbers stage.

Hyrule Temple and Final Destination are two of my most absolutely most used stages and I sincerely hope they have them both in the game. Hyrule Temple was just fun to battle and run around, it was cool. Now that they've brought it back, they also added a new remix and it looks like they might've changed a few things from it. The music is alright, but I hope they have an option for the classic tunes. Classic FTW.

dmaster out.

I got one question. is Ness playable? He's my favorite character!

Ness hasn't been officialy confirmed, but here's some half-truth from Masahiro Sakurai:

Masahiro Sakurai said:
There's a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.

Pretty much explains everything I needed.

dmaster out.

hyrule castle is the most fun stage...but i prefer final destination for actual competion...no terrain advantages

Wouldn't it be cool if you could make characters out of your Mii's or something like that?

Final Destination is a sweet level and was very hard to get because you have to beat all 51 event matches to get it. My friend and I both got the level and if something ever happens to my memory cards then I will be really upset.:)

So d master 342 are you saying that ness still has chance even if its really small?

Hmmm... I don't see any areas that differ from Melee on Temple, at first glance....

At least it's not a stage where all the terrain gets destroyed and crashes and stuff. That's getting annoying.

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see Final Destination (or some form of it) and a Super Paper Mario stage.

Fourside is awesome and all, but it's Ness's (and now, Lucas's) worst enemy, so yeah.

Update from Nintendo Power. The reason why the game is delayed by about 2 months is because of the announcement of Sonic the Hedgehog. He was announced just days before the game was announced for the original release date so they had to postpone the release date to coincide with the announcement of Sonic the Hedgehog. It is not big news but it was enough for me to post it here. They also had the chance to play the game and 2 whole days to be exact. They said Sonic the Hedgehog is by far the best character of the entire game because of his speed and ability to move like he does in the Sonic games. Be sure to get this issue because it is in Pulse and in the regular pages of the magazine. You might see it on www.nintendopower.com but I don't know.:) EDIT. They do not have the virtual pages of the issues any more from what I can see. I guess you will have to buy it to see the info on the scoop.:)

Back